Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default HDD health monitor

Hi

Just wanted the advice of some of the experienced guys on here.

Im looking for a good HDD health monitoring tool. Anyone got any recommendations?

Ideally would want something that could be setup to email me if it detects any problems and is also win7 compatible, ive done a google search and found alot that were made pre '08 Would like something thats a bit more recent.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: HDD health monitor

http://www.hdsentinel.com/

unfortunatly its not free but I beleive you can get a life time evaluation version from some of those torrent site if you with me <wink wink> ;-)
    Adverts Removed - please contact admin if you require advertising prices

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS HDD monitoring and HDD analysis application. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the HDD inside the computer or in an external enclosure (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.

The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks today) values for each hard disks. Also it measures the hard disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.

HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive hard disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can't be missed. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.

links are available if you look..

Thanks
    Karma Level

..it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive hard disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to disk problems.

..prevent HDD failure?? surely if this was true everyone would be using it. Surely the best you can hope for is a warning indicating failure, but not a prevention of failure..

..also won't this put more workload on to the drive, thus in effect increasing the likelyhood of ware-and-tare failures..
    Sent from my PC using a keyboard

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99 View Post
    ..prevent HDD failure?? surely if this was true everyone would be using it. Surely the best you can hope for is a warning indicating failure, but not a prevention of failure..

..also won't this put more workload on to the drive, thus in effect increasing the likelyhood of ware-and-tare failures..
    probable.. but it's just what the OP was asking for.. lol..

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks for the replies guys, I actually found hdd sentinel a day or two after i posted this

i Must say its a very good program, got it monitoring my disks and it gives me a status update via email everyday and will email me if any hdd's have any problems which is exactly what i needed

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah its pretty good, one of my drives is at 67% health according to Sentinal :-0 lol
    Adverts Removed - please contact admin if you require advertising prices