Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Android newbie...what phones are available and what the the pros and cons.

I'm due a new phone on my o2 contract and have upto now always just opted for the one that's the prettiest or the most expensive one i can squeeze out of them when I threaten to end my contact, phones seem to have come on so much the last 18 months I think I'd like to have something with a bit more function so I am looking at the Android phones as a cheaper alternative to the iphone.

The only thing I know really, is that the HTC Desire is the new king and they are far too expensive for me, but there seems to be about 15 HTC models that all basically boast the same features (atleast they did on launch) so I would probably be better looking at getting a slightly older, cheaper model on a cheaper contract, or one of the other brands, but I don't have a clue in all honesty.

I dont really want to be paying more than 25 to 30 quid a month for my new contract either, so, what are my options for a decent, but not to expensive android phone?

One other question that is probably asked elsewhere, but, does the abilty to use 'free' apps on the iphone make it cheaper in the long run, assuming that you cant do similar things on the android phones.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Android newbie...what phones are available and what the the pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    The only thing I know really, is that the HTC Desire is the new king and they are far too expensive for me......
    I dont really want to be paying more than 25 to 30 quid a month for my new contract either, so, what are my options for a decent, but not to expensive android phone?
    You should be able to get a desire free in that price range m8.
    Vodafone do one with off the top of my head 600 mins unlimited texts and the internet for £30,but i've heard people getting them for £25 with the same deal and someone said they'd preordered one with o2 for £25 which someone on here said was due out on the 29th of this month.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Android newbie...what phones are available and what the the pros and cons.

is that 25 quid over 2 years? that kinda worries me cos Ive never had a phone last me 18, let alone 24 months.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not sure m8 i'll have to find where i saw it.

On t-mob it's here for 25 a month for 18 mnths so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

List of devices here http://androidphone.org.uk/

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers biggie and mobile man, I'll probably mention the t-mobile deal when i ring em, see if they'll match it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

oops, wrong thread
    Last edited by {{909}}; 28th April 2010 at 06:20 PM.