Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Learn online for free (maths, history, chemistry, biology, physics... etc) 1200+ vids

http://www.khanacademy.org/

Saw this link online and thought i'd share, its a free non-profit online learning resource.

The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit organization with the mission of providing a high quality education to anyone, anywhere.We have 1200+ videos on YouTube covering everything from basic arithmetic and algebra to differential equations, physics, chemistry, biology and finance which have been recorded by Salman Khan. Listen to a recent interview by Salman with NPR's All Things Considered
    Download the Khan Academy factsheet. You can also read more about the Khan Academy vision in this document.
    The Khan Academy and Salman Khan have received a 2009 Tech Award in Education. The Tech Awards is an international awards program that honors innovators from around the world who are applying technology to benefit humanity.
    Sal has just launched the alpha version (the software version of a first draft) of a new version of the old web app. Try it out if you're interested in practicing some of the concepts in the videos.. It requires a google account (not the login from the old app). The old, slow version is still available here.
    To keep abreast of new videos as we add them, subscribe to the Khan Academy channel on YouTube.
    The entire video library is shown below. Just click on a category or video title to start learning from the Khan Academy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6l8-...layer_embedded

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Learn online for free (maths, history, chemistry, biology, physics... etc) 1200+

Thanks. That looks awesome. I used to be top at maths to engineering level but that was 22 years ago. Now i wouldn't know a cosine from a kebab. Plus the Mrs aint talking to me. So you gave me something to do.

Regards Scruff,

You really deserve a big up for posting this. I just watched the credit defalt swaps video and I've never seen a better, more straight forward explanation of what they are. I work in a major bank and most of the people there could not explain them as easy as Khan does. I've only seen two vids so far but the easy dialogue and that down to earth blackboard simplicity just makes it perfect. I'm now thinking about not telling people (certainly at work) about it until I have ripped and archived the lot.

TOP POST!

Regards Scruff,
    Last edited by scruff; 6th May 2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Further info

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Learn online for free (maths, history, chemistry, biology, physics... etc) 1200+

glad you liked it, I was looking for videos on maths myself because although I did first year uni maths I've forgotten most of it already and its great to have a refresh. Still not got round to watching any of the video's myself but I've heard that there really good!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had to post my thanks as well as just tagging the thanks button. This is a fantastic way to brush up on stuff I done years ago. And also a good way for those incline to help their kids out with homework that may be above their heads/or they have simply forgotten. Excellent post/resource.
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Possible sticky?