Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default MW2 resurgence map pack - 3rd June

Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Map Pack Deploys Next Month

Enough whining about the high price of the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack! It's time to whine about the likely high price of the Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack, due out early next month for the Xbox 360.
    During a company financial earnings call last week, Activision's Thomas Tippl seemed to indicate that the next map pack release for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 would drop in the latter half of the calendar year. Apparently Thomas Tippl cannot read a calendar, because June 3, the day the Resurgence Pack is scheduled to hit Xbox Live, is definitely on this side of the year. Perhaps he was talking about the PlayStation 3 and PC versions?
    Either way, it's great news for both people who enjoy playing Modern Warfare 2 and people who enjoy complaining about it.
    For the players, Infinity Ward is celebrating the announcement with two double experience point weekends, one starting on May 28 and the other on June 4, after the Resurgence Pack is released.
    As for the complainers, Activision was very pleased with the sales of the $15 Stimulus Pack, so there's a good chance the Resurgence Pack will follow a similar pricing model.
    As for details, all we know so far is that the pack will contain five maps. Here's hoping none of them are remakes, though judging by the name, I'd say one or two might be likely. Fingers crossed!

>>source<<

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: MW2 resurgence map pack - 3rd June

Are they taking the piss releasing it this quickly after the stimulus pack?

Cock munchers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    Are they taking the piss releasing it this quickly after the stimulus pack?

Cock munchers
    when was the 360 stimulus one released?

PS3 and PC users will have to wait for this again so prolly August for these?

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I wasn't too bothered about the £10.99 on Stimulus purely because the game was £24 odd on the release day which was a fantastic offer IMO and Playstation online is free. But I don't want to get used to buying these packs every few months! I would be mega pissed if I was using MW2 on my 360, always annoyed me when Halo map packs cost extra. Are MW2 map packs being made free after x amount of time like with the halo packs?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    Are MW2 map packs being made free after x amount of time like with the halo packs?
    I doubt it . . .

I share the cost of PS3 downloads with 3 of my mates so for £2.30 - £3.00 each for these I don't mind paying at all - bring em on I say

Thanks
    Karma Level

nice on cheers for the info prezzy

i for one am addicted to the game so am glad they're releasing more maps, and i'll pay a little extra for them as i'll get hours/days of entertainment out of them, so i think its excellent value for money in my case.
    :kissass

Thanks
    Karma Level

I won't be buying these ones, the games not been the same for me online since the release of the Stimulus pack, lag is awful and the matchmaking part of things is shocking too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i read before the game came out that there would be 2 extra map packs throughout the year. so i dont think there will be anymore after this one especially as the new COD is out near the end or the year again. i too am an addict. as i got a few of the 2100 points for a fiver from littlewoods then it works out not costing me much as all

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the release of the maps has been brought forward from its original date. That could be that they are worried that they will lose out on sales if they wait til near the releases of other big fps titles like halo:reach or medal of honour... people are bound to switch to these when they come out so they are probably doing it purely for profit reasons.

As if Activision know any other way...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360): Resurgence Map Pack Details and Price Confirmed

By: Alan Ng | May 14, 2010
    Filed under: Gaming, Xbox 360

We have the first details on the second map pack for Modern Warfare 2 now, titled Resurgence. We have details on all five maps as well as a confirmed price for the package – direct from Robert Bowling.
    Without further ado, lets start with the two classic COD4 maps that you’ll be getting. They are Strike and Vacant – two maps which were pretty popular with fans in the previous game.
    As for the new maps, it looks like you’ll once again be given a pretty diverse selection. The first is titled Carnival. This is set in a typical theme park – a widescale environment complete with rollercoasters, bumper parks and a fun house.
    The next map is Trailer Park, which is said to feature ’super tight corridors’, a pool area and comprises of a ‘maze’ like setting. Picture a map featuring mobile estate homes which you have to navigate around – pretty cool.
    Finally, the last of the new maps is titled Fuel. This is meant to be the ’sniper map’ of the three new ones, and is set in a wide-open space – apparently a contender for one of the biggest Modern Warfare maps ever. The map is split into two sections, of which you’ll come across oil refineries and warehouses.
    That’s your lot folks. The price for the pack will be 1200 Microsoft Points, and will be able to download exclusively on Xbox Live first, on June 3rd.
    We’ll bring you more details as we get it. In the meantime, give us your feedback on the new maps. Are you impressed with the maps or not?

Last edited by Modcoms; 14th May 2010 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

personally i am impressed. although i would have liked to see 5 new original maps i love vacant for its quick gameplay. good close quarters shooting. not really a fan of strike but we cant have it all ways. looking forward to the possibility of the biggest mw map fuel like you said. like sniping on large map terrains. cant wait really. got my 2100 points card for a fiver so it works out a cheaper set of maps for myself. good find on the info modcoms

Thanks
    Karma Level

ye vacant is a top map, strike i'm not that fussed on either tbh, would of preffered backlot or pipeline personally.

hoepfully the other 3 will be good tho
    :kissass

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Screenshots . . .

Last edited by kracken; 14th May 2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: *layout

Thanks
    Karma Level

looks like they have tweaked the strike and vacant maps a bit, they look different cosmetically. Will be getting these for sure. I think the early release is because it is widely expected that infinity ward will close after the release because half the staff have quit after activision sacked two employees who created the modern warfare franchise of COD