Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tech Huawei S7 tablet - this looks great

http://www.talkandroid.com/2401-huaw...n-android-2-1/

really like the look of this. Android 2.1 capacative touch screen, and includes calling capability. Certainly puts the a-pad in it's place. iPad alternative ? time will tell...

Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Huawei S7 tablet - this looks great

I does look nice, maybe if the screen was 3 inches bigger. . . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

This one looks nice too..

What's interesting to note is the phone icon in the lower left corner of the tablet, so it appears that phone calls will be a possibility for the device. It'll be interesting to see the finished product and the features it contains.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Prefer this one but i think the booth babe had something to do with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAkm8BW5PGA

ASUS EPad: like the EeePad, but with less ecstasy
    Well, isn't this typical ASUS. Yet another Eee Pad, or this time an 'EPad' as the placard says, has shown up on the Computex show floor. While the company introduced two Eee Pads at its press conference earlier this week -- the 10-inch EP101TC with NVIDIA Tegra 2 / Windows Embedded Compact 7 and the 12-inch EP121 with Intel / Windows 7 -- this new 10-inch version has popped up running Windows 7 at the Intel booth.

We'd be lying if we said we knew what was going on here, but to us it looks like ASUS shot out a working Windows 7 model -- perhaps just to have a functioning device to display on the show floor. There's no telling if it's being powered by Intel's Atom Moorestown platform or a current Menlow Z Series CPU, but the design looks very similar to that of the EP101TC.

We've sent off an inquriy to ASUS' PR team, but you'll still want to check out the video after the break of a very slim slate and real live "booth babe."

Source

Thanks
    Karma Level

Or maybe this:

Always thought the iPad should've really just been an enlarged iPhone? No, seriously -- like an iPhone after one of those "Honey, I Blew Up the Kids" incidents? Well, iiView is bringing just that to market this month, except its M1Touch runs Windows 7 Premium and packs an Intel Atom N450 processor along with 2GB of RAM. It also has a 250GB hard drive and a 1.3-megapixel cam on its left bezel. We finally got to see the tablet up close and personal -- it's been under lock and key in the Microsoft booth all week -- and it's pretty much the biggest iPhone you've ever seen. The capacitive touchscreen was fairly responsive, though there was a noticeable lag in opening programs.

We're told it also has an accelerometer and that the familiar circular button on the right bezel will bring you back to the desktop, but both were disabled on the display model. Around the edges you'll spot a trio of ports, a SIM slot, a mini HDMI output and a microphone jack. As for the actual feel of this thing, it's pretty thick from the sides and weighs 1.5 pounds. Chances are that you stopped reading this post a few minutes ago and started clicking through the gallery to see shots of bugger alongside a normal iPhone, but we'd encourage you to also peek the video waiting just past the break. Oh, and if you'd like to give your iPhone an inferiority complex, you can always head on over to that source link and order one of these for $499.

Source & Video

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm waiting to upgrade my laptop to a tablet but I need one that will replace the functionality of the laptop and not just something cut down. Therefore I'd rather have a windows 7 tablet than an android/ipad tablet. Especially since I have the desire already, can't see much point in a bigger version that can't run my applications. I guess I'm living in a dream world but I would like it to be dual core 2.8ghz or faster preferably.