Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention England fan 'looked for toilet but found dressing room'

England fan 'looked for toilet but found dressing room'

Pavlos Joseph told the Sunday Mirror that he had been "looking for a toilet"

The fan who burst into the England dressing room at the World Cup says he was looking for a toilet.
    Pavlos Joseph told the Sunday Mirror he accidentally stumbled across the England players in Cape Town's Green Point stadium.

The incident took place following the team's 0-0 draw with Algeria on Friday.
    Mr Joseph said he told David Beckham England fans had spent "a lot of money" to travel to South Africa and that the team's performance was "a disgrace".
    Mr Joseph, a 32-year-old mortgage advisor from south-east London, said he had been waiting outside the stadium for his two cousins and their father, after the game.

After half an hour he decided to find a toilet, and said he was pointed in the direction of the players' tunnel by a steward. While wandering about the tunnel, he said, he suddenly found himself in the England dressing room.
    Continue reading the main story
    I said 'My name's Pavlos and I'm just looking for a toilet'
    Pavlos Joseph
    He said: "David Beckham was directly in front of me. I noticed him in his grey suit. I wanted to make the most of this opportunity to tell him how frustrated us, his fans, are.
    "I said to him 'David, we've spent a lot of money coming out here. That was a disgrace and what are you going to do about it?'
    "He looked at me in surprise and stunned. He didn't know what to say.
    "As he was about to say 'Who are you?' one of the Fifa officials came towards me and asked me that question. All the players were looking at each other and looking at myself.
    "I said 'My name's Pavlos and I'm just looking for a toilet.'"

'No guards'

Mr Joseph said the Fifa official took him to the nearest toilet, which was in the main building of the ground in the public area, and that the two later exchanged business cards.
    "I said to him 'That atmosphere in the dressing room was shocking'. And he said to me 'You should have been in there at half-time,' Mr Joseph added.
    "No security guards at any point... had questioned me, stopped me or even attempted to arrest me."

David Beckham had earlier said the fan he spoke to "didn't comment on the performance, he walked in, said hello".
    The former England captain, who is with the squad despite missing the tournament through injury, said: "The actual fan literally just walked in very casually and just said something to me and then walked out - there was no scuffle, there was no aggression at all."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10359291.stm

Beautiful English name.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: England fan 'looked for toilet but found dressing room'

You sure his name isn't "Smithy" From that James Corden Skit for Comic Relief?

-=AD=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Beautiful English name.
    We Cypriots get everywhere

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
    We Cypriots get everywhere
    Yep he looks like a Stavros flatly apprentice.

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well he did actually find the toilet. Just that it hadn't been flushed in a while.

Thanks
    Karma Level

England World Cup fan in court over dressing room entry

Page last updated at 15:54 GMT, Sunday, 20 June 2010 16:54 UK

Pavlos Joseph told the Sunday Mirror that he had been "looking for a toilet"

An England fan has appeared in court charged with two offences after going into the team's dressing room after the shock 0-0 World Cup draw with Algeria.
    Pavlos Joseph, 32, from south-east London, claims he chanced upon the team in Cape Town's Green Point stadium while looking for a toilet.
    There, he told David Beckham the team's performance had been "a disgrace", the Sunday Mirror reported.
    South African police have since revised security procedures at all stadiums.
    On Sunday, Mr Joseph appeared at Cape Town Magistrates' Court where he was charged with offences relating to stadium security before being released on 500 rand (£50) bail.
    He is due to reappear in court on Monday and has been banned from attending matches while he awaits trial, as well as having his passport taken away.
    Police had earlier arrested him at the Bay Hotel in Camps Bay, Cape Town, on suspicion of trespassing.
    Continue reading the main story
    I said 'My name's Pavlos and I'm just looking for a toilet'
    Pavlos Joseph
    He had been identified using stadium CCTV footage, a police statement said.
    "The charge relates to the man's appearance in the English team's change room after the World Cup match between England and Algeria on Friday night," it added.
    Mortgage advisor Mr Joseph, who has no previous convictions, said he had been waiting outside the stadium for his two cousins and their father after the game.
    After half an hour he decided to find a toilet, and said he was pointed in the direction of the players' tunnel by a steward.
    While wandering about the tunnel, he said, he suddenly found himself in the England dressing room.
    David Beckham, who is injured but with the squad as part of the backroom staff, was standing in front of him, he said.
    "I wanted to make the most of this opportunity to tell him how frustrated us, his fans, are," Mr Joseph told the newspaper.
    "I said to him 'David, we've spent a lot of money coming out here. That was a disgrace and what are you going to do about it?'
    "He looked at me in surprise and stunned. He didn't know what to say.
    'No guards' "As he was about to say 'Who are you?' one of the Fifa officials came towards me and asked me that question. All the players were looking at each other and looking at myself.
    "I said 'My name's Pavlos and I'm just looking for a toilet'."
    Mr Joseph said the Fifa official took him to the nearest toilet, which was in the main building of the ground in the public area, and that the two later exchanged business cards.
    "I said to him 'That atmosphere in the dressing room was shocking'. And he said to me 'You should have been in there at half-time,' Mr Joseph added.
    "No security guards at any point... had questioned me, stopped me or even attempted to arrest me."
    The BBC's Karen Allen, in Johannesburg, said: "It appears he managed to breach three security points without official accreditation before he was finally intercepted."
    Provincial police spokesman Col Billy Jones has said police are investigating why he was not handed over to officers.
    Mr Joseph's cousin, Leo Andrews, believes he is being treated unfairly.
    "We're upset because I can't believe the system here, he didn't do nothing wrong," he said.
    David Beckham had earlier said the fan he spoke to "didn't comment on the performance, he walked in, said hello".
    The former England captain said: "The actual fan literally just walked in very casually and just said something to me and then walked out - there was no scuffle, there was no aggression at all."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10361211.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

He had been identified using stadium CCTV footage, a police statement said.
    BULLSHIT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

England fan 'looked for toilet but found dressing room'

....and found a whole load of shit in there.