Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default duff backup, but can read disc on PC

Hi, I've read a lot of info etc. but can't seem to get a specific answer. I've got a modded (banned) xbox360 with a 20gig hdd on it. I'm not that clued up on these really, but what I've been doing is buying DL DVD backups to play but one of the backups I got today seems to be unreadable in the xbox. If I put it in my PC's DL DVD+R compat drive it'll read it ok in dvd decypter is iso R mode. THe other discs I got today are fine and all on Verbatim DVD+R's

I've had a look through threads etc. on here and did the April off-line update via usb stick which went ok.. I have a seperate external USB HDD and wondered if there was any way I could copy the game files from the DVD disc onto it and somehow load it onto the Xbox or play it via my external usb HDD?

I don't know what mod software is on the xbox but I think it's iextreme possibly, I'm not sure how to tell/check.

I know possibly getting hold of a blank disc and rewriting may sort it, but hoped I could do something other than this with an external HDD as it's just the one disc.

TIA.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: duff backup, but can read disc on PC

Depending what firmware the drive has on it as to if it will boot the game.
    Grab an activate iso and boot the game using that.
    And no the only way to run games from HDD is to Jtag the console but as you have latest dash thats not an option.

If you run the game through abgx360 does it report as ok or are there any errors as stealthing etc?
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: duff backup, but can read disc on PC

Thought I'd update this thread. As I couldn't see an straight forward way of running it off an external HDD, I decided to buy a couple of blank discs and have a go with IMGburn to make another back up and that one worked fine so problem solved.

And a big shout of thanks to DF'er beckybootrouty for PMing me offering to help out with this issue. DF's a great community with members who do it credit
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933