Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ferrari fined, referred to WMSC

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Would you feel the same way if you'd just spent several hundred quid to travel and watch the race ?
    On the flip side if I'm a Ferrari nut then maybe I want my team to win the championship and I fully appreciate the team game and the need for infrequent individual sacrifice.

As I said, I'm split and can see both sides. Ultimately though I want to see full out racing and get full enjoyment that this rule brings. Ferrari broke it and were fucking insulting to us fans, fact.

I guess I just question the validity of the rule. Especially given that it should be easy to bypass by either instructing your drivers before the race or have a secret code/light of sorts. I think it is safe to say that Ferrari will be having internal meetings on how they will covertly address this next time it occurs.

I simply don't believe that most/all other teams wouldn't do the same, albeit covertly.

F1 is a sport built around strategy and shaving milliseconds to beat the other teams but it's also a sport about individual driving.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wonder if alonso has anything on ferrari, he tried to blackmail Mclaren to get the number 1 position within the team and it didnt work, then he gets his team mate to crash to give him the win, which sadly did work and he can deny it all he wants he knew what was going on. Now over the past few races he's been pissing and crying that he didnt win and how the stewards "have it in for him"

if it was me I'd ban him, ferrari and massa for going along with it, kick them out the championship for the rest of the year and make them apply to get back in the same way as the new teams have this year with the same regs if they get back in (having to use a cosworth engine would be a kick in the balls for them)

we all know though that Jean Todt isnt going to do anything to the team he helped build and run for so many years. the plain truth is that the Ferrari International Assistance isnt going to do anything to them i doubt that there will be more than wag a of a finger and tell them theyve been naughty and not to get caught doing it again.

we all know teams will try to use team orders banned or not as was the problem when ferrari ran traction control but called it "power delivery modulation" and rather than stopping the wheels spinning as per the usual way tc works they made the ecu reduce the rotations of the rear wheels so maintain max grip regardless of the revs they also adapted it again so when it was ruled illegal, they changed the throttle to more of a switch which when open would make the engine perform to its optimum for the grip levels on track regardless of if the driver was holding the throttle fully open or barely touching it.

as for the people saying its a sport I can agree but if the horse racing is rigged to let a jocky win or a snooker player throws a few frames there is hell to pay why should f1 (a sport i love btw) be any different? its not often i agree with Eddie Jordan but that was a piss take, like the rules or not its the rule they have to compete by.

as far as im concerned the outcome should be amended and points re-distributed with
    1st Sebastien Vettel (who I hope wins the championship)
    2nd Lewis Hamilton (who I also hope wins the championship)
    3rd Jenson Button (who I really couldnt careless about as long as he beats Alonso and Shitstacker)

off topic I know but I was annoyed when webber hit the back of hekki and went skywards, webber claims having 10kph closing speed is dangerous but earlier that weekend they were saying to get over taking they need about 10kph on the straights to make the move

Also I was never a coulthard fan but atleast when he was in the car he shut the hell up, everytime he gets on the bbc he cant do anything but praise red bull and seems unable to provide balanced and fair insights. ive yet to hear him say anything against redbull even if they are still paying him he's also on the BBC payroll. id kick him to the curb and get anthony davidson in he's great during free practice and is alot more listenable than that boring fecker Legard!

btw
    as far as im concerned schumacher is still a lop jawed cheating german bastard -just incase there was any doubt oh and now he's washed up and slow mobile chicane (yes I still hate the twat)

sorry fellas, rant over

Thanks
    Karma Level

Every team will have and give team orders, always have and always will. The mistake Ferrari made is that it was obvious, the message given to Massa was obvious, Massa's obvious slow down and pull left was obviously obvious. It couldn't have been more obvious unless they held up a pit board saying: 'MASSA MOVE OVER'

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have seen the two Ferraris go at it with Vettel nudging the fudge of Alonso, but it doesn't work that way for any team and to think otherwise IMO is slightly naive.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    Every team will have and give team orders, always have and always will. The mistake Ferrari made is that it was obvious, the message given to Massa was obvious, Massa's obvious slow down and pull left was obviously obvious. It couldn't have been more obvious unless they held up a pit board saying: 'MASSA MOVE OVER'

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have seen the two Ferraris go at it with Vettel nudging the fudge of Alonso, but it doesn't work that way for any team and to think otherwise IMO is slightly naive.
    The mistake they made was doing it when it's against the rules... . . . . . . . no, what am I saying, Ferrari don't have to obey rules, that's for every other fucker!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would be pissed if I had money on drivers finishing positions! It all comes down to race fixing. They have determined which driver comes 1st or 2nd. Someone could have had a huge bet that came good on Ferrari's doing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12