Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help VM fucking me about something rotten

This all started on the 20th July when a cab was relocated in our road, since then I have had problems with my T.V, Phone and Internet, I have called the ever so helpful call centre in India no less than 12 times and still got no where.

Now yesterday 28th of July I decided to go to the VM office in Liverpool, only to be told by the smarmy arsehole behind the counter "I can not help you AT ALL as I only do sales".

As a result I was back on the phone to India on hold again and cut off twice!!, finally I got through and was re-assured an engineer would be out to sort out my problems which where.

1 Omni Box off the wall outside.
    2 Repair the cable in the garden and sink it
    3 Repair the slow connection speed of my internet
    4 re-wire the phone
    5 sort out the intermittent problems on the T.V

I was informed a tech would be with me today the 29th of July between the hours of 8 and 1pm...

Guess what.. engineer was a no show. I called and was given all the usual and I was given a months free services. I was quite pleased with this and I waited till 4 pm.... still no engineer.

Again I call and this time my phone line is put through to collections, I quieried this and was told that I had an outstnding blance of 200.00. With this I flipped. I tried to explain that I have changed my account details and they are at fault. Only to be told I am 3 days in areers and my connection is being turned off in the next day or two anyway.. with this I lost my patience even more... the phone was put down on me.

Again I called back and Calmly explained the sittuation and asked is this the way you treat your clients even when the error is on your part?... still no explination so I told the lady on the phone I would pay the outstanding ballance within 48 hours. She then put me through to faults who told me that when I spoke to India they had not booked the tech in properly, so even though it looked like a tech had been booked... there actually had not.

I have been waiting in all day for an engineer and now I have to do it all again on saturday when there is another tech booked. I was given a work number and was less than happy with these services.

what on earth should I do as I have only been a VM customer for 8 months.
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: VM fucking me about something rotten

VM are shit, poor customer relations, if there was another good broadband company around id be off like a shot, ive been down the same road as you, slow internet, no engineer coming out really annoys me, no disrespect to people of an indian heritage but is there a decent indian call centre out there? I highly doubt it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tigro View Post
    VM are shit, poor customer relations, if there was another good broadband company around id be off like a shot, ive been down the same road as you, slow internet, no engineer coming out really annoys me, no disrespect to people of an indian heritage but is there a decent indian call centre out there? I highly doubt it.
    We have a cracking Curry house down the road from us and it's free delivery too !

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flik View Post
    We have a cracking Curry house down the road from us and it's free delivery too !
    ha ha ha ha ha ... thats just cheered me up no end!
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flanflinger View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha ... thats just cheered me up no end!

Sorry mate hope I didn't offend just trying to as you put it 'cheer you up' ! And you are right VM are a set of Twats.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

VM are notorious for shit service, had loads of problems with them over the 10 years i have been with them, problem is they are a necessary evil unfortunately as no one else can match their broadband speeds or the ability to run a few nice additional boxes and modems
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Touch wood, I've rarely had a problem with my VM connections (yet!), so you may well have been just plain unlucky mate.. ALL companies fuck up from time to time and you'll hear more of this than when they've actually done something right etc.

Can't offer much to make things different but just to say don't give the tech guy shit for it when/if they turn up, I know he/she 'represents' the company but it used to piss me off no end when I had a call logged for me and turn up then get moaned at about some arsehole at support etc. That was I.T support lol, not VM.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i recently had trouble with my connections (phone line and tv), rang up virgin told them the situation and problems, they knocked £15 off my months bill as a good will gesture for partial loss of service and were out and had the problem's solved within 3 days of my first complaint,

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest I have never had a problem... its only since they moved the cab, when I get up at 5-6am I can do a speed check and get 9.5mbit and I can get online and play COD and whatnot with about 60ms of ping, as the day goes on.. oh and the kid next door gets online I drop down gradually to my current speed of 1Mbit...

I have been keeping an eye on the speeds here http://www.updn.co.uk/

An engineer turned up at 18.30 tonight five and a half hours after the cutoff time for his visit... and what did he do?.. put the omni box back on the wall and said... I will book a re-pull... however I can not get in touch with my boss so I will phone you tomorrow and tell you when its happening.

I myself am going to have a peep in the pit in the road tomorrow when I get a grid lifter as I think the LAZY cunts have shared my connection with next door in the pit. and there is a shared connection from the pit to the cab.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Atleast you can get VM..i'm "11 meters to far for tracking" wankers

Thanks
    Karma Level

They seem to be getting to big for their own good.
    VM customer service is only just better the the 3 network!
    I have personally given up, going to have talktalk fitted in a weeks time (exchange is 100m away), I know its not going to be 20M but a connection is better then a shitty one that takes ages even for google to appear.

I read somewhere that its due to vm server not being able to handle the load because they had not invested when they almost went bankrupt a few years ago & are in need of a upgrade. I dont know if its true or not but the connections vary depending on time of day & temps outside.

Ring disconnections & see if you can get a better deal from VM?
    Good luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had something similar happen to me (Council layed new tarmac, damaged the cable into the house, had 3 no-shows from engineers then virgin kept fobbing me off with 'were waiting for permission from the council to dig the road up'). Went on for about 3 months, then I found this email address on the internet.

neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

Thats the CEO of Virgin Media. Sent him an email outlining all the problems Id had, he replied within the hour, and everything was fixed within 48 hours of sending it. Bypass the monkeys, go straight to the organ grinder.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good idea Arrison.

Just don't go into a rant!