Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention F1's Barrichello Slams 'Most Dangerous' Move

A war of words has broken out between Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher, after the Brazilian described the move made on him by his former team-mate at the Hungarian Grand Prix as "the most dangerous thing" he had experienced.

Schumacher squeezed Barrichello up against the barrier four laps from the finish

The German racer was penalised 10 grid places at the next Formula One race in Belgium on August 29 for illegitimately impeding the Williams driver at the Hungaroring near Budapest.
    Four laps from the finish, Schumacher in his Mercedes squeezed Barrichello up against the concrete barrier as the Brazilian tried to pass him on the start-finish straight.
    The near-miss left Barrichello shaken and after the race he was asked by BBC Sport if it was the most dangerous manoeuvre he had ever witnessed.
    "It was," he said. "It was the most dangerous thing I've ever been through and I'm sorry for that."
    Barrichello, who spent six seasons playing second fiddle to Schumacher at Ferrari, later added he had been lucky to walk away from the race.

I love racing, but what has been done to me is literally over the top.
    Rubens Barrichello

"It was a go-kart manoeuvre. If he wants to go to heaven - in the event he is going to heaven - I don't want to go before him.
    "Thank God I was lucky the wall finished where it did because I was millimetres from it.
    "I said to the stewards we are two of the most experienced guys out there, and if Michael does that, it means kids can do that too.
    "That is where it is wrong in my opinion. But I am just very glad and very lucky we are here to talk, honestly."
    Schumacher was unrepentant about the move, saying he does not "give presents" to others drivers during a race.
    "We know certain drivers have certain views, then there's Rubens," he said.
    "As far as I was concerned there was enough room for him to get through without touching each other.

Barrichello spent six seasons playing second fiddle to Schumacher at Ferrari

"I indicated pretty early I would move towards the inside and not simply give up the line. I wanted to make life as difficult for him as possible.
    "It was a hard fight, and it is what we are here for, but I accept the FIA stewards saw it as too hard."
    That prompted Barrichello to claim his former team-mate had not changed in his years away from the track.
    "I won't speak to him because it won't resolve things," he said.
    "You know Michael. You talk to him and he will always feel that he is right.
    "But I'm a just guy, and justice was done today in a way because he has been away for three years and he hasn't changed a thing. He is still the same guy.
    "I love racing, but what has been done to me is literally over the top."

Spoiler:
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Barrichello-Schumacher-Race-Row-Brazilian-Driver-Fuming-After-Ex-Team-Mates-Near-Miss/Article/201008115674945?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_9&lid=ARTICLE_15674945_Barrichello-Schumacher_Race_Row%3A_Brazilian_Driver_Fuming_After_Ex_Team-Mates_Near-Miss
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: F1's Barrichello Slams 'Most Dangerous' Move

Once a cunt always a cunt !
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He is putting doubt/fear into his fellow drivers when they consider overtaking. It's the only edge he has got at the moment.

It did look very dangerous but it was fucking exhilarating, be honest. People moan that F1 is too safe now days

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It looked close on TV but that picture says it all! Crazy move

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He's always pulled strokes like this, he should remember that he no longer has Ferrari International Assistance on his side, that's Alonso these days.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't see what the fucking problem is? It's the essence of racing. If you aint got the balls to overtake, then stay behind the guy in front and remain a pussy for the forseeable future.
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...