Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Places in London to take out a veggie

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    Kingsbury is a good bet and Jays is very good. The Regency is also a great Asian pub/restaurant - food is excellent.

Also more central, you've got Drummond St (just behind Euston station), which has loads of Asian Veg restaurants, esp the Ravi Shanker which is very good indeed. This would be better if you wanted to be close to the West End bars etc.

mml

Regency is excellent - when ever im in north London I will go there - but if you've never been before and don’t know the owner/ waiters, you have pretty much zero chance of getting a table on the weekend - waiting is around 50 minutes if you haven’t got "inside" contacts.

On a separate note, Indians (well, me!) do not hate cheese! its all about the paneer.

Jays in Kingsbury is very good pure vegetarian restaurant, but its not exactly upmarket. Not alot in kingsbury/wembley is. The food is excellent though. All depends on the experience you want.

The cinnamon club in Westminster is lovely - great location next to parliament, but the food is very posh (very nice, but I prefer a more traditional curry). Take her there and she will be very impressed!
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The Regency is also a great Asian pub/restaurant - food is excellent.
    That is actually my favourite Indian Restaurant!

It's not vegi tho (prolly why I like it!) and it's actually in Queensbury (next to the Queensbury tube station).

Many years ago it used to be a pub. They basically did minimal conversion of it and knocked through in to a shop next to to make a large pub looking restaurant, keeping the bar, booths, etc intact The food there is known is the area as being top and the place is always packed out.

Get in early to avoid waiting a while for a table.

Sometimes I order takeaway there, and then when ready I go there and have a pint at the bar on the sly ;-) before going home with din dins.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cinnamon Club was very impressive when i went but wasn't too impressed with the food. Perhaps my pallate is not cultured enough. Agree though, she will be very impressed if you take her there. May need to book though.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Changing my mind from the mexican as there didn't seem to be that much veggie stuff on the menu.

Kingsbury isn't the most convenient location but if we've managed to prevously do wembley it's not impossible - looked at the menus of jays and rose, thought they could be done, but looking at the shop fronts on google street maps looks not as up market as I had hoped.

From that link of veggie places, that Vanilla Black seemed interesting - only veggie michelin starred place in london, but their food sounds a bit poncy for us.

Recency - you don't have to actually wait there? I take it we could dissappear for a quick drink or two? Will look in to cinnamon club as well.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to arm myself with a barrage of options and see what tickles her fancy, so keep em coming lads!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Soz no pics lads, bitch blew me out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12