Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default So whats next for the digio box scene ?

So whats next for the digi box scene ?

Any news / updates ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: So whats next for the digio box scene ?

Everything has went to card share , how to share the new card is not public yet, starview and kryptvew have boxes out that come with a cardshare pre programed.
    Plug

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by plug1 View Post
    Everything has went to card share , how to share the new card is not public yet, starview and kryptvew have boxes out that come with a cardshare pre programed.
    Plug
    The way to go. Although I imagine there'll be a lot of 'public' share services offered here and there, it's something I'd only do with close friends.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah cable card share will be best suited to private networks not over the actual internet. These pre-set boxes just won't last IMO.

Anyone trying to card share Virginmedia over Virginmedia internet is asking for trouble! And if you have to use a BT line and another internet provide to get the CS you may as well be paying VM for it in the first place.

Card sharing could be stopped quite easily as well I would say. I know it's been in the Euro sat scene for years but now it's more mainstream you are hearing more and more about raids and busts all over the place.

The old DBox will be of use to people if they want to CS cable over their own network. It's extracting an RSA key that I think is proving to be an issue.

Someone also told me that the preloaded boxes are sharing a VM account that was setup using fraudulent details, as to not be traceable. The client end, IE you! can be traced via IP address and I would say that the trader won't give one if you get caught or lose service for whatever reason.

There is the, "where there is a will, there is a way" attitude in the scene, but there is not likely to be an actual hack for N3 anytime soon.

On a side note, I have now seen some boxes that use IPTV to provide channels. These just stream the channels over your internet connection. You'll need a minimum of a 10mb line tho, but it works reasonably well. So far I have only seen a box with arab channels on, and it was about £300.

If it's anywhere as good as how my old Homechoice TV was in my old flat, then it could quite easily be the next big thing once people work out how to stream content to a lot of users. Would need one hell of an upload pipe!

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

I support an IPTV system at work. This runs over a dedicated Vlan, and still we have network issue. I don't think it would work too well on a 256k upload.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had a couple of people ask me about cable and also recently setup a twin tuner stb for a pal (just the sat side tho).. I've never really lived in a cable area so I've never really bothered.. but of course I've skimmed info so at least I can give a basic rundown if anyone asks..

the thing that gets me with these cable boxes..

1) so far as i understand these boxes come with 12mth sub - after that (if it's still going) I assume you'll need to shell out for another term.. isn't this a glorified pay server - which in the sat scene is highly contraversial..

2) i know there aren't any private servers (yet) but do these 'preloaded' boxes have the ability to connect to other, user specified (cable) servers should the option arise?

3) are the people running the payserver going to be bothered about too much workload? I know from the sat side that breakups can occur very easily.. what's the chances of this lot selling so many boxes the server can't cope with the demand..?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I support an IPTV system at work. This runs over a dedicated Vlan, and still we have network issue. I don't think it would work too well on a 256k upload.
    If you could give me some further info on this as I'd love to know how the process works. Feel free to PM me if you have any issue posting on open forum. There is an online "radio" station called phatbeats, that uploads webcams of the four studios there, and it baffled me how they could claim to have so many listeners at any one time without some massive up pipe. The same questions came to mind with the HomeChoice thing. At the time I was on BT phoneline and only could get 4mb speeds. I had 2mb internet from HomeChoice and their IPTV still worked near flawlessly.

Any info on this appreciated ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99 View Post
    I've had a couple of people ask me about cable and also recently setup a twin tuner stb for a pal (just the sat side tho).. I've never really lived in a cable area so I've never really bothered.. but of course I've skimmed info so at least I can give a basic rundown if anyone asks..

the thing that gets me with these cable boxes..

1) so far as i understand these boxes come with 12mth sub - after that (if it's still going) I assume you'll need to shell out for another term.. isn't this a glorified pay server - which in the sat scene is highly contraversial..
    Yes its a payserver. Same but different so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99
    2) i know there aren't any private servers (yet) but do these 'preloaded' boxes have the ability to connect to other, user specified (cable) servers should the option arise?
    You could probably re-configure the boxes cam settings to connect to other servers. You may need to re-flash the box software if they have hidden any of the options to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99
    3) are the people running the payserver going to be bothered about too much workload? I know from the sat side that breakups can occur very easily.. what's the chances of this lot selling so many boxes the server can't cope with the demand..?
    The people who sold you the box, have made their money. They won't care too much what happens after or during that 12 months. Some may offer a guarantee, but IMO that is worthless. One supplier I know of has already dropped support for their box after saturation and over subscription.

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

The ability to configure the cam on thes boxes is not visable ,
    but when the the info to retreve the rca key is public and there is other options , i think they will release a configable firmware that will allow them to drop there server support.
    but then again they might just bring out a new box , as starview ar not known for there support on old boxes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kryptview seem to be sold out at present but seem a good deal for 150 notes if it lasts 12 months.