Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Bond: Die Another Day

just got back from cinema after seeing this on preview.. we saw the 0.07 showing... get it? :.. honest, that was what time it was on lol... just got back home at 3am

well what can i say... the words "****ing" and "amazing" come to mind..

best bond yet IMHO... wise crackin, lady seducing, martini swilling, stunt pulling bond back in all his glory... and halle berry (sp?) wasnt bad either...

even for a bond story tho, this story was pretty far out (big fook off space mirror!?), but it still manages to pull it off in good form.. some of the gadgets were just taking the piss tho.. a fooking invisible car ffs lol

stunts and explosions aplenty, specially the finally stunt, ill leave u to see that urself, but its stunning.. i saw jonathon ross' review the other day, and i heard him say sommat about how some of the CGI wasnt up to par.. and sadly i have to agree, some of the bits where he was in er.. iceland i think it was, with the water and ice etc were kinda mincy, but for the 30 seconds of stunts that u actually see the parts im on about, it doesnt really detract from the whole thing, in general they were still good..

much more of a kinda comedy element to it this time.. not so that it fooks it up, but some of the one liners were funny as hell.. specially the ones directed at halle berry

the film had a different style to it (in a good way), the way all the camera work was done etc.. like there was quite a few slowmo bits and kinda matrix-y style moments.. which i really liked, made certain parts more dramatic..

so all in all one hell of a film (i thot so anyway).... if xXx was supposed to be the new bond, then he can shove his snowboard up his ass.. (i fell asleep in xXx it was so shite)... cos this new bond kicks his tattooed ass into next week!!

rating : 9.5/10 would have been 10 if not for some of the slightly shoddy cgi

Last edited by cronus71; 23rd January 2007 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cannot wait!! One question - Was the "product placement" annoying again this time tho????

Maybe tonight actually. If I can get tickets...

Thanks
    Karma Level

er.. cant say i noticed as much as in previous films.. only ones i actually noticed was his omega watch instead of breitling, and the fact that he was back in an aston instead of a beamer..

apart from that, if there was much, then i didnt notice most of it lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

hmmm, well it was bond and it was quality, though not without faults, so ill get them out the way.

1. Dont go adding a beat to the james bond theme for the opening ident.
    2. Dont let fu**in madona do the title ,usic, its utter shit.
    3. Dont do fu**in slowmotion just cause holywood does, its not bond, it doesnt work, and it makes you feel like youre watchin the bloody matrix, which youre not, its bond.

right those out the way its quality, the story is a little over complex at times but never to on top, actings superb, scenes are superb, stunts are superb, music (except that whore madona) rules, well everythings class really. if you like bond then go see it. if you dont like bond, then youre probably not reading this

9/10

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just watched this it's great realy enjoyed it be adding to my DVD collection when it's out

Thanks
    Karma Level

Generic Bond Movie Review

I haven’t seen this particular Bond movie however I have seen enough Bond movies to write a generic review, which applies to all Bond movies. So you can read this review and apply it to any Bond movie in question I’m sure there will be a new one out soon so you can always refer back to this then.

Brief Plot Outline... Warning Spoilers

Scene 1 (The Game is a Foot)
    =======
    We open in a scenic location with Bond giving chase to a bad guy in an explosive action packed sequence. The Bad guy ultimately escapes. We meet the lovely.

Opening Credits
    ===============
    Artistic credits with lots silhouettes of gorgeous lovelies and guns.

Scene 2 (The Mission)
    =======
    We learn that the Bad Guy is actually working for Big Boss who is up to no good and must be investigated. Bond receives his mission from M, N, O, P, & Q and a plethora of gadgets and a new car. Bond stops to offer a few quips to the lovely secretary.

Scene 3 (The Rendezvous)
    =======
    Before discovering the location of the Big Boss hideout Bond must rendezvous with an agent. On arrival its obvious the agent is in trouble and a battle with some minions ensues.

Scene 3(i) (The Agent is a woman)
    ==========
    Bond gives the lovely a seeing too.

Scene 3(ii) (The Agent is a man)
    ===========
    The agent is tragically killed but not before revealing the hideout location.

Scene 4 (Bond - James Bond)
    =======
    Bond meets Big Boss and his henchwoman. Bond exchanges quips and gives the henchwoman a good seeing too. A minion attacks Bond who is swiftly dealt with by a nearby object.

Scene 5 (Car Chase)
    =======
    En-route to the hideout Bond is chased by more Big Boss minions. Queue action packed obligatory chase scene where Bond gets to show of his driving skills in his chosen vehicle.

Scene 6 (The Hideout)
    =======
    Bond encounters the henchwoman again and gives her a good slapping. A fight ensues with more minions and Bond is eventually captured.

Scene 7 (The Escape)
    =======
    Big Boss unveils his dastardly plan and Bond is tied up in some ridiculously easy to escape trap with the Lovely. Bond escapes using one of his gadgets.

Scene 8 (Final Showdown)
    =======
    Bond kills Big Boss in some ironic way.

Scene 9 (Closing Credits)
    =======
    Bond gives the lovely a seeing too.

The End.

Another action packed Bond movie with a generous helping of stunts and a bevy of lovelies. The acting is below par and I don’t like this new Bond, will anyone ever be able to take the crown from Sir Sean?

If you’re a Bond Fan then I’m sure you will love it, if not then I don’t think this one will change your mind!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Invisible aston martin was extreme gayness.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ringo - that invisible Aston Martin is actuall totally possible yuo know mate, i have read a large article on it in a science magazine a couple of years ago.......
    although to the extent that bonds uses it, granted a little unbelievable but hey! thats Bond!

I loved this film, for me this film captured a lot of emotion and we learnt a lot more aobut ond which i dont think we have done so since On her Majestys secret service.

Bond in this film isnt the indestrutable agent that we have seen in the past, he is not as suave and sophisticated as in the past, and he isnt as dedicated to the caue as he has been in past episodes.

i genuinly think this is the best bond since On her Majesty's secret service. i hope that the next film delves into Bonds past somehow, as we know sweet FA about that and it could do the franchise the world of good!
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Originally posted by Ringostar
    Invisible aston martin was extreme gayness.
    The 'Vanish' was a kick ass car, I thought the film was good, the diamonds in that guys face looked so cool!!

8.5/10
    WALLAWALOO!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i thought it was a lot darker than the other bond films (which i thought was a good thing). Absolutely wicked film, top birds, top cars, big explosions, can't go wrong
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sweet film go see now, action stuff in it was great from the opening with the cool hovercrafts to the car chase on ice!

one question though! when hes is in the ice castle he makes spikes come out of the wheels, vanishs and reverses up a wall and the other car ends up driving past and in to the water, right?

now why the hell did he not use them spikes when racing on the ice and just shot off and save the girl quicker?

anyways i thought that was strange

but still a kick ass film

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just seen this and I thought it was one of the better bond movies. There 2 ways tyo view a bond film

1, - compare it to all other movies - it which case it is ont going to come out too well as its a 2 dimensional set of characters with a childishly simple story.

2. compare it other bond movies - in which case it come out very well - I thought the last couple were poor.

Overall well worth a watch - its just a Bond film- but this time its a Good bond film and that makes all the difference.

Invisible car though ....hmmm - possible or not - bit arse really what next telporting shoes ?

Cheers
    Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level

top film, car chase was good, when he flips the car over thats a bit much, wouldnt the ejector seat just smash on the ice and get draged along with the car? lol

Thanks
    Karma Level
    yer top film action packed i liked it the kids like it......... the misses well??lol as for the ice crackin gav its pretty thick i wud imagine there wen ya back up and runnin m8

Thanks
    Karma Level

well i have to disagree with everyone else, i thought this was the worst bond film i have ever seen.

it was way too cheesy, and way too over the top.

every other line had some cheesy innuendo, talk about subtle or lack off.

you could guess the whole plot after half an hour.

invisible car, this may be theoretically possible, but is a pretty stupid idea for a bond film. Besides if any bond car from now on does not have this how will they explain that... ""Q couldn't be bothered to make this car invisible cause it would make the film boring""

also the special effects were below par.

i like most bond films but found this one quite boring. Sure the action scenes are fun to watch but that is about all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have to agree with above, this was terible when compared to the overall "bond movie experience" ive grown up with bond and you except a few tongue in cheek gadgets and jokes but this was soooo corny (invisible car!?), it made xxx more realistic.

As a single movie it would probably rate higher but as a bond movie, 6/10

Thanks
    Karma Level

Enjoyed the film, worth watching.

Good cars and action.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pretty fun for a Bond flick. Halle Berry was lucscious. So was the blonde. It was nice to see John Cleese too.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Bond

Well i have to say that this was the best bond film yet. Not cheesy like the last few. I would watch this one over and over.