Thanks
    Karma Level

PS3 Fifa 11 Demo

Its finally here

just been playing it is amazing

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fifa 11 Demo

Seems the same as 10, no major changes. PES 2011 has taken it to a different level!
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

Thanks
    Karma Level

Completely disagree with Escobar. The opposite for me. Lots of improvements on Fifa 11 over Fifa 10. Much more freedom now, all the main gripes from 10 gone.

PES on the other hand is same old. I was expecting a lot from it but its just the same, awkward movements of players, silly passing, scoring screamers from stupid angles. Ill stick with it and see if it grows on me but I hold my breath

Thanks
    Karma Level

Played both last night, admittedly on Xbox, but seriously, PES is still miles behind FIFA. Just playing as the keeper in the arena is brilliant- oh, and totally new btw, what does PES offer thats new? PES for me was a big improvement over previous PES, but its still poor. As Danny says above, the player movement is still not on a level with FIFA, and whilst its easy to score some good goals on PES, its still the same predictable movement that lets it down. With FIFA I was struggling even to pass it at first, the dynamics there have changed, and it was VERY obvious when defending a corner how this new jostling mechanism is going to make it far more difficult to defend. Crossing also seems to have been worked on and improved IMO. I cannot wait for October 1st!

Thanks
    Karma Level

absolutely love the new fifa demo....only thing i would like to chance on the game is the penalties....wish they were the same as fifa 10....

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL I put several very high and very wide yesterday, but started practicing them in the arena and started to get the hang of it, loving the fact if you double press shoot (X for me but usually B) you get a "stutter" that can put off the keeper

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think the demo is amazing played a few games last night and it feels like a new game.

i love the new celebrations i had messi doing some chicken dance. Also im glad they have stopped that stupid stadium view when there is a sub the pissed me of so much.

passing is a lot better too the way you cant just keep tapping pass and getting perfect passes, this is the same with the long balls.

i agree with penalties they are seriously hard. i only managed to score 1. i have a feeling this will be one where you pick your team and are always them as each team i played with play totally different.

cant wait for the full release i just hope it has ultimate team already included as i think that is amazing

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

is there any way to get this if... for some reason... you can't go on PSN
    People who use the phrase "Touch base" should be shot.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Completely disagree with Escobar. The opposite for me. Lots of improvements on Fifa 11 over Fifa 10. Much more freedom now, all the main gripes from 10 gone.

PES on the other hand is same old. I was expecting a lot from it but its just the same, awkward movements of players, silly passing, scoring screamers from stupid angles. Ill stick with it and see if it grows on me but I hold my breath
    Will have to wait till the official game is released, the demos are always completely different to the final release. Few things i dont like about fifa:

1, players all seem to run at the same pace, except cristiano ronaldo!
    2, the ability to pass with the players back turned! in fact, no matter what angle the player is, you can always make a pass.
    3, Computer AI is no way on the level of PES and never will be in my eyes.
    4, Tactics? where on earth are the tactics in the game?
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

Thanks
    Karma Level

FIFA 11 is easily the best FIFA ever but the strides PES has made this year now make it better than FIFA. In terms of match pace PES is spot on. You can dribble and are not constantly pressured when on the ball. The passing system works well now and the stats actually have a major influence and add the individuality for each player something FIFA hasn't got right yet. The tactics system in PES is miles ahead of FIFA as is the defensive AI. Plus the graphics are great. Will probably buy both but I think I will be playing a lot more of PES this year. Couldn't say that in previous years.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've always been a PES follower but every year I do try and play FIFA but it's always the same story.

You can't make killer passes. You can't dribble past opponents. You can't shoot with any sort of power. You can't turn with the ball once it comes to you without losing possession. The list goes on.

What kills it for me is just the general feeling of woodenness, you don't ever feel like you're in full control of the players the same way as in PES. When a goal does go in it never really feels special, the ball might as well be going out for a throw in.

These are just my own opinions on FIFA. I'm in no way a fan boy of anything. The more competition the better for the consumer I say so dismount your high horse if you're planning a fan-boy attack on me. You cunts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree that the goals are repetitive in FIFA but thats due to two reasons:

1. The appalling defensive AI system. In every match regardless of the team wether its from a lower league or Premier League team the back 4 are always too high up the pitch allowing a through ball from midfield into your striker and a 1 on 1 finish against the keeper.

2. The ball physics which have never been particularly good. Its always been difficult to score low, driven, venom laced shots like Gerrard does. It used to be pretty much impossible in past FIFA's but in PES there was always a variety of shots, thats why each match was completely different from the last. This problem was improved in FIFA 10 and more so in the FIFA 11 demo but its still not 100% spot on.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like there's some very poor FIFA players out there who cant score goals to have reverted to the much easier to score in PES. I have played both, have been a huge PES fan in the past, but come on lads, PES has no soul. The player movement is far more predicted, there's still no real feel of 360° movement, hoofing balls down the wing and playing in on the diagonal still results in easy goals. I played both demos on the highest level, won easily on PES, struggled to score in FIFA, the defensive muscle is strong. You can't just dribble past players because MOST players can't dribble past players in the real game. Its not easy to hit powerful shots on goal because MOST players can't shoot accurately from distance. I played my nephew in the arena last night (having more fun in goal which you can't do in PES, practicing for the 11 vs 11 online matches that you can't do in PES), in one instance he was Kaka, and he scored more goals from distance than when he played as Khedira. PES is basically an arcade football, FIFA a simulation. If you're not prepared to sit down and make the real effort to actually learn how to play the game - and I know that even as someone who played FIFA 8,9 and 10 to death, I'm going to have to relearn some basics - and if I want to become a truly good player again, which I haven't been for a good couple of years now, I'm really going to need to start again, literally almost back to square 1. PES you can pick up on World Class level and bang them in from the beginning, if thats what you want then fine, and honestly, I can understand that. Scoring goals is what its all about, and playing FIFA on Expert is going to take a great deal of effort to master for most people. Personally I believe the effort will be well worth it, because the online experience is so much wider on FIFA, and the better I am, the more overall fun I will have.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fifa pisses all over PES. Those who complain simply dont have the skill to play it properly it seems.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah lack of skill.....right..... The areas which people like myself have complained about regarding FIFA have been given back as feedback from the community back to the developers such as David Rutter and Gary Patterson. Both of them have said in recent interviews that the defensive AI system needs to be improved, plus the ball physics are constantly being re-jigged in the FIFA games as the developers are trying to find the optimal performance for ball trajectory. Just take a look at the difference in ball physics between FIFA 10 and World Cup 2010 and then again in FIFA 11. So perhaps the developers who agree with these major complaints also have a lack of skill on their own game? Its about improving both games and getting them closest as possible to a simulation, not wanting one to shit on another which is what many members here seem to want. At the end of the day I want 2 high quality football games to play and if I prefer PES this year its not because I have no footballing brain, or I dont understand the beautiful game, or I dont play it enough its because I enjoy it and believe it offers the best recreation of the sport.
    Last edited by Billhouse; 17th September 2010 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon it runs like shit at the mo.
    The players move like theyve got bad backs and dont seem to get anywere.
    But i also remember the demo of Fifa 10 wasnt a patch on the full game.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Billhouse View Post
    Yeah lack of skill.....right..... The areas which people like myself have complained about regarding FIFA have been given back as feedback from the community back to the developers such as David Rutter and Gary Patterson. Both of them have said in recent interviews that the defensive AI system needs to be improved, plus the ball physics are constantly being re-jigged in the FIFA games as the developers are trying to find the optimal performance for ball trajectory. Just take a look at the difference in ball physics between FIFA 10 and World Cup 2010 and then again in FIFA 11. So perhaps the developers who agree with these major complaints also have a lack of skill on their own game? Its about improving both games and getting them closest as possible to a simulation, not wanting one to shit on another which is what many members here seem to want. At the end of the day I want 2 high quality football games to play and if I prefer PES this year its not because I have no footballing brain, or I dont understand the beautiful game, or I dont play it enough its because I enjoy it and believe it offers the best recreation of the sport.
    LOL duh! Sorry, but thats the only response I can give. They've LISTENED, and taken ACTION. FIFA is constantly evolving, as it should, as is PES. FIFA 11 will be better than FIFA 10, which was better than FIFA 09, which was better than FIFA 08, which wasn't difficult, because FIFA 08 was shit, and far worse than PES of the same generation, which suffered from hug lag issues. The thing is, Seabass (is he still involved or put out to pasture yet?) knew himself PES on the next-gen was shit, he said so. Trouble is, he's still not released a true next-gen version of the game. Sorry, but you guys stick with your arcade-style score loads fun game, I'll stick with my simulation. I have no agenda, I was a PES fan for years and would like nothing more than to go back to PES, because I genuinely feel attached to it, and playing FIFA is still a bit guilty. But come on, there's no comparison between the games.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm awesome at both
    PS3 - FIFA 09 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    PS3 - FIFA 10 - DF CHAMPION!!!!
    and now
    PS3 - FIFA 11 - DF CHAMPION!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    LOL duh! Sorry, but thats the only response I can give. They've LISTENED, and taken ACTION. FIFA is constantly evolving, as it should, as is PES. FIFA 11 will be better than FIFA 10, which was better than FIFA 09, which was better than FIFA 08, which wasn't difficult, because FIFA 08 was shit, and far worse than PES of the same generation, which suffered from hug lag issues. The thing is, Seabass (is he still involved or put out to pasture yet?) knew himself PES on the next-gen was shit, he said so. Trouble is, he's still not released a true next-gen version of the game. Sorry, but you guys stick with your arcade-style score loads fun game, I'll stick with my simulation. I have no agenda, I was a PES fan for years and would like nothing more than to go back to PES, because I genuinely feel attached to it, and playing FIFA is still a bit guilty. But come on, there's no comparison between the games.
    Comprehension FTW. If you bothered to read my post I wasn't saying that their not listening, obviously they are, my point is don't say that just because we complain about certain aspects of the FIFA series that we cant play it. We can. So can the developers who discuss the same issues.

Its people like yourself who cause these games to stagnate. You haven't outlined any of the negatives of FIFA 11, just the positives. The football game genre cant evolve if you just look at the good things and not the criticisms. If you genuinely wanted to play a great football game then you would understand that. PES 2011 has problems. As someone who has played the series since ISS Deluxe on the SNES I realise that the game went horribly wrong ever since PES 6 on the Xbox 360. In that period FIFA has clearly been the better game with FIFA 09 being my personal favourite. For the first time in 5 years PES has made genuine attempts to listen to the fan feedback and criticisms. Like I said if criticisms aren't outlined and we just continuously provide lip service and massage the testicles of the developers then we would never have good games.

Why on Earth do you feel guilty to play FIFA?! Its a game FFS!

There are things called opinions. These are not the same as facts. Your point about there being no comparison is ludicrous as your trying to provide your opinion as stone cold hard fact. What is a fact is that your first post in this thread was a comparison of both games.

At the end of the day, enjoy whatever you find the most fun. But dont try and force your views onto others and then lambast them as nonsensical if you dont agree.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox FIFA owns. Fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast