Sorta long, sorry guys, just trying to explain in DETAIL all of what I did, hope anyone can help :-/

Ok, here's the deal... I have the pre-modded xbox with enigmah from genomods.com. I've downloaded games and uploaded them to my hard drive to play, then delete them when I want to play a new game ( i know i need to upgrade chips ). I've played Whacked! recently, didn't like it, took it off and put good ol' Sega GT on there. Then later I decided to FTP to my box to upload this other game I got... well, no go. It wouldn't even see the IP address, couldn't ping it, couldn't do SQUAT! I have evolution-x dashboard, it says there's a link and everything. Pissed off... I got on the forums and tutorials to do some looking and found out about the whole xboxlive crap and how it would screw up my xbox's NIC information so I couldn't ftp to it anymore. Well I bought some CD-RW's (i don't have or know anyone with a DVD-writer) Memorex, and tried to burn boxplorer to it as well as the most recent evolution-x release. My xbox could NOT read the CD! I tried 2 other brands of CD-RW media and no success. So I figured I could hook up my PC-DVD ROM to the xbox as a replacement reader so I could POSSIBLY get the M$ POS to read the CD. NO LUCK!! I figured at this point it was out to get me and make me go insane. Ready to throw it in the street and beat it with a sledge hammer, I did more searching on the internet and came up empty. (side note: It would still read games I burned to a CD-R (yes, CD-R, I do not have anymore of that kind and they were no name brands i bought a year ago off the internet) through the original xbox dvd-rom) GRR!! I'm so confused at this point. I cannot get my HDD password with evo-x (i must have an old version or don't know how?), the thing cannot read any of my CD-RW's and I am about to go insane. Then I had a revelation but didn't know if it would work. Could I get the password by some other means? (i do not know anyone locally either that has a modded xbox) If so, could I load it on my PC, unlock it, change/delete/add the proper files, re-lock the hard drive and have it work? another idea; keeping in mind I can get the PW w/o evo-x, could I have someone (im not requesting) send me their image of the C: and then I just put it on the HDD over whats there? I have NO IDEA's how to fix my problem... it worked fine before.... Maybe I need to buy a new xbox and start over? GRR!! Any help, thanks. (again, appologies for this being so long)