Close

Thread: Club games

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

moan Club games

I must say that the club games last night where utter shite!
    I know there are issues with lag with some people and that can't be helped unfortunately but some of the play was shocking to say the least.

As we all can see, we play well when we PASS the ball along the ground and play the odd over the top through ball.
    Positions are really important, we all (myself included) need to stick to our own positions and not keep wondering in to other peoples.
    E.g. I play the left wing and that is well know that that’s where I play so let me play it, if you’re a striker stick to it! If we stick to our positions we are less likely to tackle and fall over each other.

Skill moves are a big fat NO! unless we are whipping a team 3 or 4 - 0, they may work against computer controlled players but 9 times out of 10 they don't work against real players and we just end up losing the ball.

I know it's early in the new season and I might sound like I’m having a go but I am also guilty of the above and will sort it out. I know we all play for a bit of fun but surely you'll all agree that it's much more fun when we are winning??

Personally I think we should pick a formation and stick to it for a few weeks at a time and try and get it to work and if it's not working then we can pick another and maybe for next week we should think about choosing positions before hand?

So i'll start it off.

Formation Position

Parsnips: 3 - 5 - 2 Left Wing
    [live=Fried%20Parsnips]name[/live]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Club games

I can't really comment mate, I only managed 1 club match last night and I was playing LCB ( which i got man of the match for i may add ) But I totally agree with what you are saying.

My personal opinion is and this is based on previous experience. Is that people should play positions they are good at and not the position they like to play. Most people want to be the top goalscorer when in reality the majority of player are pants upfront and need at least 4/5 chances to convert 1. I don't know if this is the case with our club and I haven't seen enough matches to comment on any player in particular.

I'm happy to contribute in any position except GK because I am pish at it

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with everything you are saying Parsnips. I played semi pro as a striker in real life and play like a pro on FIFA.

Didn't get the chance to play upfront in last nights Club games but happy to get a game anywhere.

My ideal/best position is as a striker but don't mind the 'Gerrard role' and prefer 2 up front, 3-5-2 or 4-4-2
    Last edited by SPEEDZ1971; 15th October 2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Add formations

Thanks
    Karma Level

The lag was a big problem with me last night in 3 of the games. I couldn't control my player at all. But they're sorting that in the next patch, fingers crossed.

Thing is, when we've played with less of us, we've played really well. We played a couple games after most left last night and won them both. The newcomers seem really good players too, but I think it will take a while for us to gel.

I also think a 4-3-1-2 formation might be good. With 2 strikers and 1 CF. 1 CM and then the wide players. Having 3 players in attack will increase our chances of scoring no doubt but leave a bigger gap in midfield.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

4-3-1-2 is a good formation, only if the 3 midfielder's play like midfielder's and come back and defend otherwise there is a huge gap in the middle of the park.

a 5-2-1-2 is a good formation and would give the ANY or defence more cover if the midfielders go awol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well now we have some new blood i will be looking at who is putting effort into there VPs and who actually plays there position and sticks to it, seeing a midfielder helping in defence impresses me more than a midfielder scoring

no excuses for having no stamina if your playing no skill with a 344 formation with defenders pushed up out of the way and offisides off - you can rack accomplishments in no time.

I think 4-3-3 would suit us best incidently
    with one striker 6ft 1 the target man and 2 smaller for pace/crosses

It is early doors yet, was more a case of looking at people last night.

We had 2 diego maradona's last night also, you know who you are, pass the bloody ball along to the next man and cut the crap work it along the attacking line to the man free at the back post.

Fifa 11 requries more intelligent passing to beat people, strikers need to be passing back to midfielders who will then in turn put them through etc. through balls are useless currently.

We have a big enough and good enough squad to play most nights now, please add the new lads and lets get DF on the FIFA Map

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am a bit late with my response - but well said Fearless. I know it's only a game, but it seems some don't have any idea about team sports.

One's ability in the "1 player controlls all" game is no indication of how good you are in the "control your pro" team version.

Give and go, pass and move is the way forward people, just like in the real world. I am hoping to see some general improvements in game sense tonight which in turn should improve results.
    Last edited by SPEEDZ1971; 21st October 2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep have to agree with the comments, good point speedz makes is that just because you are good at fifa single player doesnt mean that you can play the same way in Club/Team games it helps but you have to adapt differently.

We keep saying it over and over quick sharp passing keeping it simple is the answer then when we get quite a few goals up and are comfortable theirs nothing wrong with trying a few things then.

I also think it doesn't pay to always pass forward if theirs nothing on, when im on the wing i get a bit of success touching the ball back to War then running past my man for his return ball.

Fifa 11 seems easier to get to headers in now and not so easy to hit the A button in the box as it used to be.
    I often find if im coming in from the wing using a normal pass in the box is almost like a through ball and and can be slightly too far in front of the player receiving the pass allowing the goalkeeper or defender to get it.

But crosses seem to find their targets better and you can actually get too them especially from corners, I noticed War who has a heading trait was getting headers at the near post which is useful to know.

one last think to conceder is goal kicks, if we haven't got 2 tall front men they never win the kicks straight down the field so we could do with mixing them up i used to find success with aiming for parsnips on the left hand side or aiming right wing occasionally.

I appreciate lag might cause passing issues as well something we need to make allowances for, sorry getting a bit long winded.