Close

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Help needed for a very good mate of mine, anyone work in the dhss? job center etc??

Its a long story but the short jist is basically a mate of mine has been getting nasty phone calls from someone using throw away sim cards, plud taxis and curries sent to the door.

now hes just found out someones bubbled him to the dhss, he has vibration white finger from years of mining, diabetes and other problems and someone has called the dhss saying theres nothing wrong with him. They are coming out to see him on thursday and its making him ill. hes 100% genuine about his illnesses and has to have daily insulin injections. this has got to be the same person who is sending the taxis etc to his house.

his sister is in a bad divorce and its getting nasty and he thinks it could be something to do with that but hes not sure.

does anyone work for the dhss here who could offer any advice?

hes a right good lad and helps anyone and i can see its really affecting him atm.

any help appreciated

det
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Help needed for a very good mate of mine, anyone work in the dhss? job center etc

I think i read the other day someone on here say that they worked for the benifit fraud department, ill see if i can find it

edit: It was tronads and here's the thread
    Don't know if he'd be able to help in some way

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Help needed for a very good mate of mine, anyone work in the dhss? job center etc

He'll be fine Det when he proves his illness affects his ability to work. As for the nuisance calls, get a new number or report it to the provider and theyll investigate it for you but you may have to get a police reference number i seem to remember.
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

If his illnesses are real like you say mate, just tell the truth, show prescriptions/doctors notes etc and there shouldn't be a problem.

Tell him to try not to worry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone who uses diabetes as a disability deserves all they get. Had it 35 years and providing you look after yourself then you should be fine. If not then whatever happens is self induced disability and there is no way I should bw funding him to do anything. Fucking gets my goat that one.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah hes genuine, i told him not to worry but he does and this is exactly what the cnuts want to do. ill pm tronads and see if he can help/advise.
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Anyone who uses diabetes as a disability deserves all they get. Had it 35 years and providing you look after yourself then you should be fine. If not then whatever happens is self induced disability and there is no way I should bw funding him to do anything. Fucking gets my goat that one.

its not just diabetes m8, thats just one problem, the others are vibration white finger due to him WORKING for many years hundreds of feet underground with machinery plus a few other things which are personal. this guys paid his dues, he has raised many thousands of pounds for local charity through rugby and all sorts so he is well deserving of support.

it gets my back up too.
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

got some advice now which should stop him panicking a bit, last thing he needs is more problems like this. the lads father has cancer too so i wanted to help him all i can, last thing they need is more worry. they been through a lot over last few years.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

If his conditions are medically recorded he will have no issues as no fraud has been committed. DWP fraud guys aren't thick or easily swayed by bitter grasses trying to get other folk in shit for personal reasons. I have worked with ex fraud guys and they are usually after true frauds so tell him to relax and just be honest.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

thats what i said to him m8, hes a born panicker though and i know him, it will be going round in his head even though hes done fook all and is genuine.

ive passed on messages to him so going to wait until thursday now but i think your right bert, they aint daft and will realise its a case of nastiness on whoever grassed him up. it is a long story and lots of shit has gone off for them, a lot of it uncalled for.

thanks for replies.
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The Anxiety disorder needs to be addressed as well. very dangerous condition. they can give betablockers to help but maybe some psychiatric help will help him.
    Talking is greatest help for mental disorders especially with other people who suffer with the same symptoms.
    Personally i like Valerian for those stressful times but good friends always help, but the issue definitely needs to be addressed to his G.P
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Christ with a story like that he should be on X-Factor.
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore