Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: club games 1st November

You do have a point fearless I wasn't on for long, the match I was on for I spent half the time chasing my tail than help create goals

Personally I think we need to pass more, but this IMO. Danny is a great striker but he is far too small, Speed isn't everything and I think his pro suffers alot because he just gets bundled off the ball due to weighing about 2 stone.

I can take a decent free kick as some people have witnessed so i don't mind throwing my name into the fold to take them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mr_fuse View Post
    no sorry mate wasnt implying that, its just that if me or parsnips do get to cross in we dont have many options to hit as we dont have any tall players in the team apart from War whose a defender.

so either we dont cross in so much or we change the height of some of our players, the team that dave played against us seemed to score every time from a header.

I actually prefer playing to feet but thought it might be an option especially from goal kicks we instantly lose possession as we usually get beat by bigger defenders
    You may have a point but the fact is I am playing as myself and living my fantasy through the game (sad I know). I am 5ft 10inches, 15st and built like Mike Tyson. If I grow a few inches in real life then I will adjust my pro accordingly I am not going to pretend to be talk dark and hansome when I am only dark and handsome

I am (was) better at football in real life than I am on the game, but I try to use the same 'game intelligence' when playing. I am usually in the right place at the right time due to knowing how to play the role - unfortunately, my FIFA game ability and my pro's lack of attributes hinder my finishing - but I am working on it

Being a team player, if the manager doesn't think I am helping the cause and wants to drop me - I will accept it gracefully - and take it out on the cat

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well I think you have fitted in quite well so far, to be honest the only thing that does my head in are mouthy players that are full of themselves and dont play for the team which fortunately we dont have.

If we keep the height as it is we will just have to be more precise on crosses and cut balls back for players to run onto.

I think i mentioned it before but from goal kicks it might be worth kicking wide to me or parsnips if speedz and danny know that thats going to happen they can get closer to us and read the knock ons, as left and right backs dont tend to be as tall as centre backs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think I can get round players alot more with my VP as small as he is. I was 5'7" but Warhead told me to change it to 5'2" last week. I'll give it another hour or so with it this small, if not i'll put it back to how it was.

I agree with the goal kicks, they all seemed to come to me on Monday lol If the balls played out to Fuse or Parsnips most of the time they win it ready for us strikers to run on to.

Is anyone on tonight for a few games? As i may be out tomorrow

Thanks
    Karma Level

Danny's player is fast as fuck i played some slightly dodgy balls that he got onto so i think his player is okay he does get tackled more than us but he does take players on more than any of us so i would say thats fair enough.

In My original comment i was just wondering if it was a fair comment to suggest a bigger striker alongside him but if speedz is happy with how he is thats fine with me.

The point War made about jostling may also help us winning headers and also talking a bit more, hopefully im on the same wavelength as danny as the talking bit is rather one sided

Try and make it on tonight what with watching matches on TV, going to matches, playing footy and playing footy online anyone would think im obsessed with the game

I do have another life honest how else would i fit in heavy rain!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mr_fuse View Post
    The point War made about jostling may also help us winning headers and also talking a bit more, hopefully im on the same wavelength as danny as the talking bit is rather one sided
    Ha ha - I think Danny does his talking with his feet - it's like watching River Dance when he's on a run

The goal kicks to wingers may be useful. It is not a tactic I have noticed online. I will relocate my XBOX downstairs and keep my contacts in - that should reduce my visual impairment handicap I have been playing with the last 2 weeks.

I was very positive about the team in the last few weeks - we had shown signs of genuine improvement (bit like my beloved LFC) However, playing the "B Team" brought me back down with a bump (bit like the Chelsea result will this coming Sunday). Still room for improvement for both me and the team as a whole

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'll be on tonight as well if anyone fancies any games
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

Thanks
    Karma Level

what time we planning to be on?

Thanks
    Karma Level

]might pop on now

any1 need quick boost? cu on live in 5

think Speedz should be 6ft 2 myself, there is no I in Team
    Last edited by Fearless; 3rd November 2010 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

gona do it 2 day pit pished last nite

Thanks
    Karma Level

not sure if im going to do the quick boost was going to do it last but would still like to build my player up my self. I can see why WAR did it after loosing all his data

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    ]might pop on now

any1 need quick boost? cu on live in 5

think Speedz should be 6ft 2 myself, there is no I in Team
    Speedz wishes he was 6ft 2!

I will increase my height for club games - for the team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12