Close

Thread: Fat Burners?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fat Burners?

I'm looking to get myself in shape. I went to Florida about 4 months ago and basically have been in holiday mode ever since and have piled on about a stone. I'm roughly 16 and a half stone and I'm 6'4". I want to get down to around 15 stone. I've got a little gym set up in the garage and I'm going to spend about an hour every other day in there as well as a bit of jogging and a game of footy a couple of times a week. My question is about fat burners. Are they worth taking and are they dangerous? I've been looking at different supplements online and just wondered if they're worth taking or do I need something else.

Cheers

Tel

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fat Burners?

Waste of time and money mate. Just cut out empty calories (very difficult to start with but gets easier). Up your water intake too - you'll be amazed how many hunger pangs this kills off.

If you stick with your current eating habits you'll still see results if you exercise, however, they'll take longer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, I am snacking quite a bit at the minute. That's my biggest problem.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to get really strong ones and they worked. Can only get ephedrine now which isn't that strong. Have more controlled diet, litres of water and healthy snacks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thermobol taste shite and huge to swallow but work pretty well untill you get imune to them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Acai berry are good for weight loss as is the new boy in town Maqui 1200.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUPER-MAQUI-BE...item41543b8084

Don't go overboard spending money though.

Cling film wrapped around your podge works well too (although noone would recommend you do it)
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

there mostly ephedrine.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

T5' are good and alot of people I know have used them. I have seen lots of good results but you need to cut down on calories aswell and excercise.

http://www.t5fatburners.co.uk/produc...r-60-Caps.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's no secret, just eat clean food, drinks lots of water and elevate your heart rate every day for at least 30 Min's. Make your last carb meal 6 hours before you go to bed and your last protein meal about 4 hours before you go to bed. Don't forget if the food taste's great its often full of sugar's or fat's so stay away.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    There's no secret, just eat clean food, drinks lots of water and elevate your heart rate every day for at least 30 Min's. Make your last carb meal 6 hours before you go to bed and your last protein meal about 4 hours before you go to bed. Don't forget if the food taste's great its often full of sugar's or fat's so stay away.
    sound advice.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It goes without saying.. I don't agree with the 6 hours before you got to bed though. You basically are starving your body (sounds good but isnt). 6 hours is a bit extreme in my eyes. Plus not everyone is a Robot.

Personally I think its a myth all this eating before a certain time. Other people have different views. Its what works for you.

Just listen to your body if your hungry eat.. Eat Clean as Nick says.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did you miss the part where it says carbs 6 yours before you go to bed not don't eat. You can still eat but you make it clean protein meals and this is the method that we use when we prep people for competitions and that is something that we have done for a long time and it works every time so do you want something to work or just waste your time with things that don't ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did you miss the part where it says carbs 6 yours before you go to bed not don't eat. You can still eat but you make it clean protein meals and this is the method that we use when we prep people for competitions and that is something that we have done for a long time and it works every time so do you want something to work or just waste your time with things that don't ?
    Lol this is how I used to get a bollocking from Nick at the gym

Good memories.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought the cling film trick was just for the full monty film but agree with the water plenty of it

jag

I'm not racist i hate everybody

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's no secret, just eat clean food.
    Excuse my ignorance mate but what exactly is clean food?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance mate but what exactly is clean food?
    Not full of hidden sugars and toxins etc.

It's not washed if that's what you are thinking.
    Last edited by 4me2; 10th December 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

To answer the question you asked
    Are they worth taking and are they dangerous?
    Ive taken most fat burners from Thermobol to Clenbuterol and there are pros and cons with all of them!
    Your standard over the counter fat burners say Thermobol (Tescos sell these) are very tame but do work at first and are good for the first month or so but your body soon gets used to them
    A better option for accelerated fat loss is an ECA stack somthing like EPH 25+ (Ebay) these make you feel fookin awesome and you will drop loads of weight but again these come with a down side e.g the longer you take them the more you will need to get the same feeling and after a month you really need a month off and beware you will come down with a huge crash on these when you stop taking them !!!
    And lastly Clenbuterol the Daddy of all fat burners pros: with a low carb diet and steady cardio you will drop alot of weight Cons: not that easy to get hold of, and the side effects can vary between people, this stuff makes most people shake like youv'e got parkinsons! just have a read up on the other side effects of this stuff before you even think about using it! they range fron mild headaches to death!
    My real advice is to cut out beer and alcohol get a good clean diet together dring at least 2 litres of water a day and get to the gym everyday!
    If you feel hungery (which you will) or crave something sweet drinking a pint of water will take it off.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fat burners aren't good at all! They make you very hot - they literally burn fat, make your body metabolise it straight into heat instead of energy so it gets through more, but there's always the risk of cooking your internal organs, so I've heard doctors recommend to not do any strenuous exercise whilst using it, which is counter to the whole weight loss thing as it wont be sustainable.

Best way is more exercise and less shite in the diet - but especially the exercise - plenty of cardio stuff like running or biking.
    Try to incorporate it into daily life - I lost over a stone last year doing half an hour on the Wii Fit, walking 4 miles a day as I got the Metro to work instead of driving, and then just running properly once or twice a week.
    Didn't help me when it came to the Great North Run as I was too lazy to train properly, but it shifted the weight.