Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Any General Rules for a gaming TV

I thought I was onot a good thing, seeing a Sumsung TV (LED backlit) ata nice price (looking at £600).

But my stupidity aside, and more importantl… I find out the Hrz speed is still a serious consideration. The TV i was looking at is 50Hrz, something not recommended for fast games or films alike.

Why are some TV's still being mad with low Hrz tech.

In some instances, the TV can come or provide a range of frequencies. THis one did not.

So, are there any other considerations to take into account when looking for a new TV. I am still on a Sony CRT no HD. Looking to move on now. 37" max, not keen on 3D (and cant afford it anyway).

Anyone abel to point out the obvious to a numpty like me.

Cheers…..J

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Any General Rules for a gaming TV

Anyone?

I am struggling to find a decent small TV with a fast refresh rate. Anything 400 or more (as 200 seems to get a bad rap) is proving impossible.]

Cheers.....Q

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A new LED with 50 hertz will still be okay as thats what the PS3 outputs out at. Just check for things like true motion etc.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Picked up a 40" Samsung LE40C530 last week and had no problems gaming with my PS3.

Three HDMI's, a VGA that supports 1920x1080 and plays DivX and MKV's off USB.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i bought this one from Richer Sounds mate, http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg47...umotion/784335 absolutely cracking tv, built in streaming, plays .mkv, .avi, mp4 etc. and has Lan connection and has stuff like BBCiPlayer, Facebook, Google maps, games etc. all built in

works great with my 360 but dont have a ps3 here so cant compare
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My Panny doesn't support 60hz (or is it 50..) anyway, I do know what they mean with the refresh thing but it's never been an issue for me. I watch Blurays off my PS3, play XBox 360 and have SkyHD. Every so often I get a little stuttering if I change the volume and the OSD shows it going up but other than that I've no issues. Then again I also have my Onkyo 875 doing some video processing so maybe that is masking the issue for me as it rocks.

If you really want to look for these details make sure the screen will handle 24fps (Or multiples thereof) as that's what Blurays run at if I remember correctly.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys, and the suggestions for TV's are great, but looking 32-37" as the missus is keen to get a HD professional Projector when we move (YES SIR), so this is a cheap option in the mean time.

Going to go into Richer Sounds This weekened near me as they are brilliant at letting you plug things in.

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers everyone.

As we are shopping on a budget (because the missus wants a projector when we move) we went with this for the time being KDL32EX713U, considering I have gone from an old Sony CRT to this, i am amazed. PS3 amazing, not tried any bluray. One thing i missed, it does not seem to have a 16:9 picture ratio. So hoping any DVD's/BluR's i have and getwith this feature, play in try form through the equipment and not the TV settings.

Got the deal through Quidco, that was at the time offering a voucher as well as the usual % off.

Cheers…..Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

You'll not have a problem with aspect ratios. You can either play with the borders or go 4:3 and get pan and scan. I used to have a Compaq pojector and watched movies with the borders and it's all good Glad you like the projector. The only possible problem you will have is with HDCP but most projectors these days are fine with it and if you are watching an x264 or avi you will not have this problem
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil