Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone used one of these?

I am on 2 private torrent sites and i couldn't be happier with the speed, always max out my dsl and home and work when on weekends or nights

I'd never entertain the idea of paying for something I could get for free.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    i dont know why people waste their time with torrents, it costs me around £22 for 6 months of full speed dl all i want access
    More content & no retention.

My mate's asked me to download him a bunch of original xbox games... Most of them are over 700 days old and incomplete or unrepairable... Can get them all off torrents.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorFU View Post
    I am on 2 private torrent sites and i couldn't be happier with the speed, always max out my dsl and home and work when on weekends or nights

I'd never entertain the idea of paying for something I could get for free.

I used to think exactly the same but it turned out torrents were costing me more than newsgroups! The amount I was downloading (not a massive amount either) was meaning that my PC was on for far longer than it needed to be because I had to seed everything back to maintain my ratio.

I signed up to astraweb for around £21 a quarter (depending on exchange rate) and now I download everything then shut down the computer at the end... Eleccy bills have dropped by £25 so I'm £4 richer every 3 months lol

But the real game changer for me was that torrents are useless for HD content. If you want to download 1080p content then there's really no other realistic option except newsgroups. Once I'd moved onto newsgroups the amount I downloaded just started growing and growing... Last week I downloaded 180GB of stuff just for a mate...
    Last edited by Mr.James; 18th February 2011 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.James View Post
    I used to think exactly the same but it turned out torrents were costing me more than newsgroups! The amount I was downloading (not a massive amount either) was meaning that my PC was on for far longer than it needed to be because I had to seed everything back to maintain my ratio.

I signed up to astraweb for around £21 a quarter (depending on exchange rate) and now I download everything then shut down the computer at the end... Eleccy bills have dropped by £25 so I'm £4 richer every 3 months lol

But the real game changer for me was that torrents are useless for HD content. If you want to download 1080p content then there's really no other realistic option except newsgroups. Once I'd moved onto newsgroups the amount I downloaded just started growing and growing... Last week I downloaded 180GB of stuff just for a mate...
    These are the 2 main reasons I changed to be honest. Tis a shame really, as there's one very good HD tracker I'm a member of which I'd love to use instead.
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've tried to use torrents for full TV series and they download at full speed but because my upload is so slow and there are so many seeders it was impossible to get my ratio up to the required level. The best thing about Newsgroups for me is that I don't need to seed anything.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    I've tried to use torrents for full TV series and they download at full speed but because my upload is so slow and there are so many seeders it was impossible to get my ratio up to the required level. The best thing about Newsgroups for me is that I don't need to seed anything.
    My mum was ending up in a similar situation - virgin upload is terrible. I've just told her to never turn her laptop off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Social Networking Bookmarks