Karma Level

Default The Rock Returns!!!

Cant Believe nobody has mentioned this yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CErB205Zm_c

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: The Rock Returns!!!

Haha...he really is awesome on the mic!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

took me back to being a teenager when i watched it, still the best person ever in wrestling IMO

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

23 whole minutes simply to say "I'm back".

WTF? He could chew the hind legs of a donkey. Nothing like a large ego to talk about though.

Gotta admit, was pretty awesome to see him in that ring again. Is the plan to get him wrestling (play fighting) again? Or is he now just a host because of his age?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I actually think he may wrestle from time to time this soooo awesome!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Might be worth watching again now

TIM-MAY!!!

SouthPark

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Shut it you jab-bronies

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't believe people still watch the wrestling... do you know it isn't real.

Saying that, it's no more fake than the likes of these reality/talent tv shows that millions are watching every weekend.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brydo666 View Post
    Do you know everyone knows that?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Judging by the way I've heard people talk about it, I think they believe it's real.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe kids but even most of them know it's only make believe...but i think the majority of people who enjoy watching wrestling of this sort just take it for what it is a bit of entertainment.

I can't fucking stand it but I accept some people do enjoy it.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Not watched any wrestling for years but did hear about this. Might make Wrestlemania a night with the lads and a few crates of beer to see if it's anywhere near as entertaining as it was when I was 12, although I doubt it will be. The Rock was the legend of wrestling through my early teens.

Thanks
    Karma Level
    Last edited by steve10574; 8th March 2011 at 06:47 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Saying that, it's no more fake than the likes of these reality/talent tv shows that millions are watching every weekend.
    Judging by the way I've heard people talk about it, I think they believe it's real.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    Maybe kids but even most of them know it's only make believe...but i think the majority of people who enjoy watching wrestling of this sort just take it for what it is a bit of entertainment.

I can't fucking stand it but I accept some people do enjoy it.
    I suggest you guys read the one and only rule in this section!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    I suggest you guys read the one and only rule in this section!!
    I know the rule in here mate and I never intended to break it if in fact I have.My intention was to point out to brydo why people watch without actually thinking it's real.

I wasn't bashing anyone.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    I know the rule in here mate and I never intended to break it if in fact I have.My intention was to point out to brydo why people watch without actually thinking it's real.

I wasn't bashing anyone.
    Fair point...you may have been included by me unfairly!
    Karl Pilkington

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It is still very clever and entertains millions every day.
    You try throwing a 350LB man around the ring and not get seriously injured!!

The entertainment value is perfect and reels fans in, especially when the vetrans return.
    Interesting read of the Wrestlers I'd like to see back, but is not be possible.

(Pasted here because of popups/adverts)
    Spoiler:

Where are They Now? Remembering the WWF Wrestlers From the 80s

Remembering the craziest, funniest, coolest, and cheesiest wrestlers of the 80’s. Here’s what they’re up to now.

Many of them will never be forgotten. Some of them will. They are the WWF wrestlers of the 80’s. Many of them transformed the wrestling federation into a dynamite entertainment spectacle. Many of them are remembered for their wrestling techniques, and many of them are remembered for their strange gimmicks, humorous catchphrases, or unforgettable sidekicks. Here’s a trip down memory lane to remember these old school wrestlers and to find out what they’re up to now.
    Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan, born in 1953 as Terry Gene Bollea , has been in the wrestling spotlight since the beginning of the 80’s. He is a twelve-time world champion and in 2005 he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
    In the 1980’s, Hogan transformed the wrestling industry into a primetime sports entertainment spectacle for people of all ages and backgrounds. His grand entrances and theme songs such as “Eye of the Tiger”, grabbed the attention of people all around the world. He was portrayed as a real-life superhero in the important]eyes of his younger fans. Hogan was featured on the covers of Sports Illustrated, TV Guide, and People magazines, while also appearing on The Tonight Show and co-hosting Saturday Night Live.
    Although his roots are still with wrestling, Hogan is focusing more on television roles. He now has his own reality show, called “Hogan Knows Best”, which focuses on his own family life. In addition, he now hosts the comeback series “American Gladiators”.
    Other past acting gigs include roles on Rocky III, No Holds Barred, The A-Team, Walker, Texas Ranger, and others.
    Andre the Giant

Andre the Giant, born André René Roussimoff in 1946 in France,began wrestling professionally in his late teens. He made his WWF debut in 1973 and remained with the federation until 1991. He was the first to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He was one of the most famous professional wrestlers of the 70’s and 80’s and was loved by audiences and fans all over the world.
    Andre was of course best known for his great size. He stood over 7 feet tall, and weighed over 300 pounds at the beginning of his career. By the end of his career he had reached a whopping 540 pounds. Andre also had an abnormally large wrist, at 13″, which is indicative of overall bone structure.
    Supposedly he went 15 years without a loss by pinfall or submission before being pinned by Hulk Hogan in 1987 at WrestleMania III In 1986, André won a twenty-man battle royal that featured top NFL stars and wrestlers.
    By the late 1980’s the disease that granted him his immense size started to take its toll on his body. André was in constant, near-crippling pain, and his heart struggled to pump blood throughout his massive body. When he was not in front of a camera, he was usually in a wheelchair. .André died in his sleep on January 27, 1993, in his Paris hotel room. He was in France to attend the funeral of his father. André’s body was cremated in accordance with his wishes and his ashes scattered at his ranch in Ellerbe, North Carolina.
    ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage

The’ Macho Man’ Randy Savage, born Randall Mario Poffo in 1952 in Columbus, Ohio, made his WWF debut n 1985. Savage became instantly known by wrestling fans for his distinctively deep, husky voice, colorful attire (often comprised of sunglasses and a bandanna, gaudy robes and/or a cowboy hat), and his catch phrase “Oooh, yeah!”For much of his tenure in the WWF, he was managed by his real life wife, “Miss Elizabeth” Hulette.
    Macho Man was a two-time WWF champion and a four-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion.
    Savage later became known for his rivalry with Hulk Hogan, after accusing Hogan of sleeping in Elizabeth’s bed during a road trip. Savage and Elizabeth were divorced on September 18, 1992. Savage and Hogan reportedly have a strained relationship to this day.
    In 2005, Savage reported he was unable to wrestle any longer due to health concerns.
    He also reported that he will star in the next season of of VH1’s The Surreal Life along with Playboy Playmate Tina Marie Jordan and rock musician Peter Steele. VH1 has not released the official cast list yet.
    In 2003, Savage released a hip hop album titled: Be a Man. The album features a tribute to wrestler and friend Curt Hennig and the title track which mocks former friend Hulk Hogan.
    His former wife Elizabeth Hulette was found dead in the home of professional wrestler Lex Luger on May 1, 2003 from a drug overdose.
    Jake’ the Snake’ Roberts

Jake “the Snake” Roberts was born Aurelian Smith, Jr. in 1955. His nickname comes from being thin and snake-like. He often would slide into and out of the ring on his belly under the bottom rope. By the time he reached the WWF in 1986, Roberts was bringing a huge, live Burmese Python, named Damien, to ringside in a canvas bag. After executing a DDT, Roberts would coil the constrictor around the opponent’s neck, and the snake would slither around on top of the fallen wrestler, sometimes appearing to strangle him.
    Roberts made his initial WWF debut in 1986. He later left in 1992, but then returned again in 1996. He was always known for his dark charisma, his extensive use of psychology in his matches, and has been credited for inventing the DDT, though that has been challenged. He is also credited with training wrestlers and teaching wrestling psychology to famous wrestlers Steve Austin and the Undertaker.
    Jake “the snake” is still involved with professional wrestling today. However, his long bout with alcoholism and drug abuse has caused him some troubles over the years. In December, 2007, the WWE placed him in a nine-week rehab program.
    The Ultimate Warrior

The Ultimate Warrior (born Brian James Hellwig in 1959) was a WWF superstar from the mid-1980’s to early 1990’s and was known for entering the ring at full speed and violently shaking the ropes up and down with extreme energy. He was also known for the distinctive patters of face paint.
    His tenure at the WWF was characterized by several feuds with the federation owner, Vince McMahon.
    The Ultimate Warrior had three runs with the WWF. His WWF debut was in 1987 and continued until 1991. He left in 1991 over a pay dispute with owner, Vince McMahon. He then returned to the WWF, as Dingo Warrior, in 1992. Rumors began that Dingo Warrior was not the original Ultimate Warrior and that the original Ultimate Warrior had died. These rumors were shown on several occasions not to be true. The Ultimate Warrior left WWF, again, in late 1992 after yet another feud with the federation, this time over the legal rights to the name “Ultimate Warrior”. The WWF cited steroid use as the reason for firing the Ultimate Warrior from the WWF.
    In 1996, he returned again. This time the WWF fired him for taking time off to grieve his father’s death. McMahon stated that the Ultimate Warrior didn’t have a close relationship with his father and hasn’t seen him in over ten years. Warrior claimed that the real reason why he was a no-show to the WWF events was a breach of contract by McMahon.
    In 1993, Jim Hellwig legally changed his name to Warrior in order to retain the legal rights to use the name outside of the WWF. His children carry the Warrior name as their legal surname
    In 1996, Warrior a comic book entitled ‎WARRIOR, featuring himself as the main character. The comics sold well in the first two months. The sales slowed and the book was taken out of circulation in early 1997.
    After officially retiring from professional wrestling in 1999, Warrior began a new career as a conservative speaker and commentator, denouncing left-wing politics. Specifically, he has made comments against homosexuality, stating that “the human race would die out if everyone were a homosexual.”
    Brett “Hitman” Hart

Bret Sergeant Hart, aka Brett “Hitman’ Heart, was born in Alberta, Canada, in 1957. Known for his fluid technical skills and agility and for his ability to create tense and entertaining matches, he is thought to be one of the most popular and gifted technical professional wrestlers of his generation.
    >Hart was a seven-time world champion through his career in World Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Federation. In 2006, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He was also placed in the top five best technical wrestlers of all time.
    He made his first televised WWF debut in August 1984. In 1985, he partnered up with Jim Neidhart to build the tag team known as The Hart Foundation. The partnership lasted a few years but eventually split up.
    Hart wrestled with most of WWF’s infamous wrestlers. Notable opponents include his brother, Owen Hart, and wrestling legend Stone Cold Steve Austin. Hart also had an on-air rival, “announcer” Vince McMahon, who at the time was being exposed as the owner of WWF.
    Hart retired from professional wrestling in 2000.
    On June 23, 2002, Hart suffered a major stroke after hitting his head in a bicycle accident. He suffered total paralysis on his left side, which required months of physical therapy. He has since recovered much of his mobility and is in good health.
    In late 2007, Hart released an autobiography, titled Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling. The book is an honest look into the world of wrestling as he describes in detail the chronic abuse of drugs and alcohol he witnessed during his tenure. He also discusses his own infidelities and personal struggles. The book reached number one on the Globe & Mail bestseller list.
    Ravishing Rick Rude

Ravishing Rick Rude, born Richard Erwin Rood in 1958, was known for his over-confidence and arrogance in the WWF. Before a match he would make a show of removing his robe while running down the males in the crowd. After a successful match he would kiss a girl from the audience. On one occasion, he tried to get Jake “The Snake” Roberts’ real-life wife, Cheryl, to comply, which upset Roberts. On another memorable occasion Rude came to the ring with a picture of Cheryl stenciled on the front of his tights. A furious Roberts charged the ring and stripped Rude naked (he appeared as naked to TV viewers but was in fact wearing a thong).
    Rude departed from WWF in October 1990 to later enter the WCW (World Championship Wrestling). After injuring his back during a fight in 1994, Rude did not return to wrestling until 1997. He came back to the WWF as an “insurance policy” and assisted with several sneak attacks on The Undertaker. Rude was not signed to a full-time contract with WWF, he was performing on a “pay-per-appearance”. Later that year he departed to return to the WCW.
    In 1999, Rude died at the age of 40 after suffering heart failure. An autopsy report showed he died from an overdose of “mixed medications.” At the time of his death, he was planning on opening a wrestling school in Rome, Georgia, where he and his family resided.
    Hacksaw Jim Duggan

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, born James Stuart Duggan in 1954, is best known for his gimmick as an American patriot with his favorite weapon, the 2×4.
    Duggan was signed to the World Wrestling Federation, in 1987. He was the winner of the first Royal Rumble in 1988.
    Although he did not win any major titles in the seven years, he was a consistent fan favorite with his patriotic gimmick. His character was mainly comical, as he rarely was in major contention for titles.
    Duggan left the WWF and signed with World Championship Wrestling (WCW) in 1994. During his employment with WCW, Duggan was diagnosed with kidney cancer. His real-life struggle with the disease was very public and his comeback to wrestling after fighting off the ailment was a triumphant.
    Duggan is still wresting. He returned to the WWE in 2005.
    The British Bulldogs

The British Bulldogs were the team of cousins Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid who joined the WWF in 1984. They are considered one of the top tag-teams of all time.
    Their first and probably most well known feud was with the Hart Foundation. . In 1987, the British Bulldogs lost the titles to the Hart Foundation in a match that saw Dynamite Kid so debilitated that he was carried to the ring by Davey Boy Smith. They left the federation for a while. When they returned to the WWF, they had a real live bulldog, Matilda. They quit the federation in 1988 as a result of backstage altercations between Dynamite Kid and Jacques Rougeau.
    After leaving the WWF, the Bulldogs returned to their old “home” in Stampede and also resumed touring with the AJPW (All Japan Pro Wrestling), but years of steroid abuse made them too large and Dynamite Kid’s back injury limited his movement. In 1990, Davey Boy Smith abruptly withdrew the Bulldogs from AJWP by returning to the WWF, fabricating a lie that Dynamite was in a serious car accident and couldn’t compete. Dynamite went on to form the British Bruisers with the AJWP but the years of steroid abuse, working a high-impact style and coca1ne usage caught up with the Dynamite Kid.
    In 2002, Davey Boy Smith died of a heart attack while vacationing in Invermere, B.C. Dynamite Kid is now confined to a wheelchair.

Source - Sportstales

Hulk Hogan kept making guest appearances last time I watched. Bring him back and give him the title after wiping the floor with The Rock & Stone Cold Steve Austin... Again!! Whoop.

Anyone remember the Hulk Hogan/Ultimate Warrior match up? That was awesome!!
    Last edited by DejaVu; 8th March 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

are you serious...... take a day off man..

Anyways...The mic work between Rock and Cena is great and something WWE has missed in a while now.. Despite what anyone thinks, The Rock did turn his back totally on wrestling but still one of the all time greats..

Maybe a rock bottom here and there but cant see a full match...

@ Deja Vue

Hogan is now part of the TNA roster but only in a GM/Boss type role as he is in bad shape but still loks freakin awesome for a guy in his 60's!!

Gotta be honest I prefer TNA as the wrestling is a lot better

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry - was wrong to make my previous comment.

Enjoy it lads...