Close

Thread: Sarah

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Sarah

Sorry about the name over the images. Unfortunatley the girl decided she didnt want to pay for any printing and was happy to screenshot the images to print them herself.

Feel free i say....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sarah

I'd say the first is the strongest image, I like the diffused lighting around the edges and it seems the pose she's most comfortable with and looks happiest in that one.

The lighting's great in all of them, with no real distracting shadows anywhere, and uniformly lit throughout.

I really don't like the 2nd one, the pose looks unatural, uncomfortable and the colour-popping does nothing for the image.

I'm not sure what the point of the headband is in either of hte images though, she looks like the kind of girl who'd end up headbutting me in an alley as opposed to be walking down the street in a dress and a flowery headband

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by _Belial View Post
    I'd say the first is the strongest image, I like the diffused lighting around the edges and it seems the pose she's most comfortable with and looks happiest in that one.
    Thanks - I didn't intend to do that but i liked it when it happened so i left it.

I
    The lighting's great in all of them, with no real distracting shadows anywhere, and uniformly lit throughout.
    Did take quite a bit of photoshopping to sort that, i used one sb-600 facing upwards towards her, and 2 x bowens 200w / 400w one left, one right to light the subject.

I really don't like the 2nd one, the pose looks unatural, uncomfortable and the colour-popping does nothing for the image.
    Strange - on another more dedicated photography forum someone said they really liked the colour popping. But everyone has there different views.

I'm not sure what the point of the headband is in either of hte images though, she looks like the kind of girl who'd end up headbutting me in an alley as opposed to be walking down the street in a dress and a flowery headband
    I dont know what it was for either, i asked her if she could remove it as the light was overwashing it, but she didnt like it.

Thanks for your comments though!!

And yes russ, i did!