was just chating on twiter and i have decided to share my recipe for this great starter.

Ingredients (serves 2)

half a jar of pataks jalfrezi curry paste (use the rest to make a curry)
200ml of coconut milk (400ml tins so add half of the rest to your curry )
250g closed cup mushrooms. (can be changed dependent on taste)
3 cloves of garlic
Garlic virgin olive oil
Dave's Gourmet Temporary Insanity Hot Sauce (asda sell it, really hot and nice)

you will need 2 small pans for this

Method

In a pan add the coconut milk and the curry paste and bring to the boil. Make sure you stir this well to mix in the paste till it breaks down and turns the milk to a good colour and texture. Add some hot sauce (i use about 8 drops of the above but dont make it too hot just to taste) Turn it down to medium and simmer.

Next while thats simmering put a good helping of the oil into a pan then using a garlic press add the cloves of garlic into it. add the mushrooms and mix well. Gently fry these untill they are soft, make sure you stair often so they dont stick.

Once the mushrooms are soft add the curry sauce, mix well and reduce to a nice consistency. (the thickness is just how you like it)

All done and a lovely starter for your home made curry.
When adding the hot sauce dont make it red hot you just want to taste the hot sauce and not overwelm the rest of the dish.

Add more mushrooms to make it for more people. you may need to up the other ingredients when you get to too many