Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: back problems, painkillers or alternative

funny you should mention it as ive been seriously thinking of buying some and trying it, never had it in my life and ive never smoked either so a few fairy cakes are on the cards?

or can you just burn it and crumble into one of those tablet container thingies?
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    funny you should mention it as ive been seriously thinking of buying some and trying it, never had it in my life and ive never smoked either so a few fairy cakes are on the cards?

or can you just burn it and crumble into one of those tablet container thingies?
    There was a documentary on bbc 3 hosted by Martin from eastenders about cannabis use . There was a guy on there who couldn't walk for shit due to something happening to his back..he had been bed-ridden for 3 years till he started using marijuana. He wasn't smoking it though..he was using a vaopuriser.

My friends mum has severe arthritis and she smokes..little bit of baccy, bit of green..It does wonders for her.

If you do try it..post ur results.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Persoanlly ive never willingly taken pain killers myself, I have this theory close to that we were taught in the army, its better to know the pain your in to prevent over working the problem, also the RSM in 1 Para used to say "If you need morphine son your already fucked!" that was after I came up with the smart arse answer what about Morphine sarge? I had an accident a few years ago on a mountain bike, both elbows compund fracture came through the skin on left arm and was seriously poking through the right arm and broke my pelvis 2 fingers and a nasty gash to the head. I managed to ride the bike home as I was in the middle of a forest with no mobile phone. To be honest it was fuckin agony especially the bit where i had to lift my bike over styles and fences. The thing is I never knew about the pelvis just that it hurt like hell and it hurt a lot more once I knew it was broke. Youd be better training your brain around the pain, thats more effective than any pain killer. Train your mind mate sounds like bullshit but it IS do-able trust me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I use a sports masseuse for my sciatica. I am in Scotland though so prices south are probably more expensive. But tbh I pay £25 for 1 half hour session per week. I need about 4 weeks worth every 6 months to keep things at bay. He is not an osteopath he is a sports masseuse.
    I have went from being in severe crawling about the floor in tears pain to leading a "normal" pain free life through using this fella. I was taking tramadol/diazapan ,co-codomol and also neurofen. None of these really touched the pain. Smoking hash used to help...but when the pain was really bad id litterally have to be so stoned I was falling asleep before I got any relief - so for quality of life ect it wasn''t the answer.

I found this guy through a chance conversation with an old friend who manages a local amateur football team - He was the one who put me onto the masseuse as half his team at one point or another were usfook people up ing him, So that may be a starting point to help you find similar in your area. Also may find someone similar in local paper or yellow pages ect ect. Hope you find someone to help though mate as I know the pain can really fook people up.
    Er a part time bad poker player was ere:bomb:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I take Celebrex 100mg twice a day..seems to work well...it's a cox-2 Nsaid so not as hard on the stomach adn suuposed to be one of the better Nsaid's

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chuckychucks View Post
    I take Celebrex 100mg twice a day..seems to work well...it's a cox-2 Nsaid so not as hard on the stomach adn suuposed to be one of the better Nsaid's
    That's interesting, I've been wanting some 1st hand opinions of that one. I broke my pelvis/dislocated my hip and ripped my knee to shreds in 1989 and now have a hip disintegrating, unbelievably painful!! I'm living on Paracetamol/Codeine variants with occasional Diclofenac or Naproxen (avoid NSAID like the plague)
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

im about 22 stone
    You fat bastard!

Seriously though, if the trammys aren't cutting it then it's time to go back to the GP and get them to refer you Det.
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it

Thanks
    Karma Level

my back seems to be getting worse, had a scan and ive got deterioration of the bottom spine
    i suffer badly from that,ive been more or less housebound for 3 years because of it,its a pure bastard to live with,theres no cure and my spine is slowly rotting away.im on a concoction of meds inc,transdermal morphine patches,co-codamol,dyhydracodine,lodine,sulphazalzine and christ knows what else.i cant stand unaided for more than a minute and can only walk mibee 12-20 paces before i crumble.not a nice disease to have so i hope yours doesnt get anywhere as bad as mines has.dont put up with the pain,if one med doesnt work get your doc to change it till you find one that suits you,best of luck mate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

did you buy any?

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

@sanj, not yet m8 altho i will be. ill try anything at the minute.

im even going to get a bike to see if light exercise will help
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Det, I smoked from age 15, never an addict as my mates ALWAYS smoked more than me, pretty much stopped when only crap was available but have started again recently to help control my pain. I can highly recommend it. I use a Protopipe or a BudBomb but am thinking of trying a vapouriser. I have not smoked tobacco since 1998 and so really only smoke Grass with sometimes a little solid crumbled in (and then only if I can find some which is clean) try to buy grass which is not too "skunky" though that is an ask these days.
    I can thoroughly recommend this place, the link here is to the vapourisers, as a previous non-user this might suit you better.
    http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online...vaporisers.cfm

You'll have to find friends who understand the market to buy your gear, good luck mate
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    I can thoroughly recommend this place, the link here is to the vapourisers, as a previous non-user this might suit you better.
    http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online...vaporisers.cfm
    Agreed they are very good used them loads - if you don't fancy forking out on the vapouriser I have recently got an incredibowl which is the smoothest, cleanest dry pipe I have ever used.

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

bit of an update:

i was going to buy a vapouriser and get some skunk but decided to look into painkillers instead, im sick of going to my doctors and having to keep fingers crossed if i get a doctor that will prescribe - theres one doctor whos simply a cunt, told him i was in agony with the back and he gave me a fucking exercise leaflet.

i decided to find somewhere to buy enough to last me a couple of months and i did a bit of research into a few sites, luckily i found a uk site where i can buy tramadol for a semi decent price which has had some good reviews - ill let you know how i get on as i made my first order yesterday.
    i ordered the 100mg sr (prolonged release) tram's which might be better for me
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well my meds came 2 days after purchase from a uk pharmacy lol, fuck knows how they get away with it.

i went for my usual tramadol but went for slow release/prolonged release which works over 12 hours. they dont make you sleepy or hardly any side effects like normal and ive felt a lot better.
    A wise man once said " "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12