Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

News Mass March in London 26th March - 1 Million expected

So seems a lot of groups are joining together for this one and it's expected to be the largest protest in decades with up to 1 million people.

http://marchforthealternative.org.uk/why-were-marching/

Anyone going?

Anyone for/against it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Against - the country is fucked and needs fixing with a little hard work from everyone.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Mass March in London 26th March - 1 Million expected

Against here as well idiots should get back to work and that will be more of a help for the country
    If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wonder how many will be killed by the Gov ???

Guy Fawkes come back, your country needs you!!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I fail to see what these marches achieve, and often a rogue minority will use them to masquerade their true intentions of violence and criminal damage.

Far more productive ways or protesting and making Britain better IMO. I can't see the government backing down on policies due to a march.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post
    I fail to see what these marches achieve, and often a rogue minority will use them to masquerade their true intentions of violence and criminal damage.

Far more productive ways or protesting and making Britain better IMO. I can't see the government backing down on policies due to a march.
    IMHO you've just contradicted yourself there. We know from the iraq demo peaceful protest is a waste of time.

I believe the poll tax riots eventually did the trick so in my view the only problem is that it is only a minority taking part in non peaceful protest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilsatan View Post

Its that defeatest wet arsed approach that results in the public being taken for granted and for fools. Grow some bollocks and stand up and be counted ffs.

That said i aint going

Why the fuck should i protest alongside a bunch of hairy arsed cunts, half of which probably have no interest other than fighting or vandalising shit.

Id rather stay at home and watch a vid thanks very much.

Thanks
    Karma Level

For - if you don't march for your rights, then shut the fuck up moaning that you don't have any. Us Brits are some of the most apathetic, gluttons for punishment imaginable. The French may have their faults, but not putting up with shit isn't one of them. I've joined marches for everything I've believed in e.g. Israeli brutality in the Palestinian territories, Against the War in Iraq etc.. The solidarity and camaraderie you feel is incredible, and you really get to vent your frustrations as opposed to just tutting away at the telly.

Although the cynics may claim they are ineffective, I think they are wrong. The spectre of 000's and 000's of angry protesters is enough to make any media image obsessed politico squirm. Tony Blair may not have listened to the audience at that televised Women's Institute debate on the Iraq war, but he looked guilty as fuck when he was slow clapped at the end of the debate... the betrayal of a Nation was painted across his face... CUNT!
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm involved with a charity that is currently trying to make big changes to the UK's so called "family justice system" , we had a march due to happen in Dec. It was to be a peaceful protest with hundreds of Fathers who are prevented from playing an active part in their children's lives after divorce, pushing empty puschairs to 10 Downing street. This march was called off after the student protests due to the worry that "rogue" elements unconnected with the original protest may distract from the intended purpose of the march.
    I agree that the apathy in this country is appalling, so many people sat on their arses tutting at the state of the nation but thinking that standing up against the powers that be is pointless. Protest takes many forms and in order to effect change it needs to , marches , lobbying , civil disobedience all have their part to play. So I'm in favour, at least people are getting off their metaphorical and literal arses in order to be counted.

Fight my brute!
    http://mocho-gorro.mybrute.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be working from home that day then whilst London gets smashed up.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad I'm not going, I fucking hate kettling.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Against - Not against protest and having voices heard but against this bunch of I want everything on a plate public servant types who fail to grasp we as a country owe a lot of money. We need to pay it back.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can understand people's frustrations about these things and why they turn to violence, for years the ordinary punter has been working day and night just to afford simple things in life. But now he is asked to work more pay more and smile, while guys in the financial world that we cant get near!! are raking in millions not only from bonuses but from share options, pensions and private investments.

But we should'nt just blame the Bankers etc for this mess at least everyone on this forum will know one or two people who have scrounged the state for years and cherish there accomplishments as careers.

The benefit system should be for people who have worked for years and years, giving them some security if they ever loose there job thus helping to safeguard there home the family car.

People should only get if they have contributed at some point. Just like the rules on DF!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    I believe the poll tax riots eventually did the trick so in my view the only problem is that it is only a minority taking part in non peaceful protest.
    I still seem to be paying a large sum of money based solely on the value of my property and not on my ability to pay and certainly not on my usage of said services...so how the fuck do you come to that comclusion?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waka View Post
    I still seem to be paying a large sum of money based solely on the value of my property and not on my ability to pay and certainly not on my usage of said services...so how the fuck do you come to that comclusion?
    Yeah, I've always been confused by that

The Populace:- Poll Tax? Fuck that, lets riot!!!

The Government:- Alright, jesus, stop the riots, we'll get rid of the Poll Tax

The Populace:- Yay!!

The Government:- How do you feel about Council Tax? It's the same thing, but with a different name

The Populace:- Hmmm, Sounds good.........
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won
    I fought the law and I won

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    For - if you don't march for your rights, then shut the fuck up moaning that you don't have any. Us Brits are some of the most apathetic, gluttons for punishment imaginable. The French may have their faults, but not putting up with shit isn't one of them. I've joined marches for everything I've believed in e.g. Israeli brutality in the Palestinian territories, Against the War in Iraq etc.. The solidarity and camaraderie you feel is incredible, and you really get to vent your frustrations as opposed to just tutting away at the telly.

Although the cynics may claim they are ineffective, I think they are wrong. The spectre of 000's and 000's of angry protesters is enough to make any media image obsessed politico squirm. Tony Blair may not have listened to the audience at that televised Women's Institute debate on the Iraq war, but he looked guilty as fuck when he was slow clapped at the end of the debate... the betrayal of a Nation was painted across his face... CUNT!
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.