Close

Thread: BST Section

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default BST Section

All,

After my little dummy spit with some folk in the BST section over an item for sale, I will no longer be participating in that section.

This is a shame as I have bought and sold a lot in that section over the years and it works.

What is not working however is this new attitude on the forum that everyone has to have an opinion on a thread/post each and every single time something is posted.

My (iPad) post was a classic example of people posting when they had no reason too...

My suggestion here is that the rules are changed in the BST section where you only respond to a post if you are genuinely interested with an enquiry or an offer etc...

With my case it was this post that started it all:

Sorry to piss on your post here but Apple have slashed the prices of iPad 1. All units are now £100 cheaper.

iPad 16GB wifi is now £329.
    This had no relevance to an offer/enquiry and was by no means constructive really..
    I am not pointing a finger at the poster of the above, I have no quarrels with any member, I just think we need to have rules.

What would have been acceptable is:

Would you consider lowering the price to £285? I would be interested but Apple have just reduced the new ones to £329
    I think you know what I mean with this.
    Last edited by Goldberg; 3rd March 2011 at 05:09 PM.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BST Section

I have sometimes wanted to point out to someone that their price might be off, on the occasions that I have, I have done it by PM, where it belongs!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i totally agree mate, if someone knew the iPad had dropped in price (i didnt) then they could have made a news post or put something in the Dog and Duck rather than jump on your thread. As you said the BST section should only allow people with offers to post and not people jumping in with opinions etc.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Let's not have this as another thread about my bastard child of an iPad
    It was already posted in Biggy 7's about the price drop, I am sorry if others did not know about the drop but I was still offering it with 20% off the retail price.

So, Blaggard's way of dealing with this is a very fair way of dealing with it, but we still need rules to stop people jumping in thinking they are going to save the world a few extra quid. My item has been taken down (by me) as I would rather keep it and give to a family member for nothing that lose all that money to someone on a forum I only know as an alias.

The BST should not be an open forum...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't really see the need to stop using the section the rules work well and as blaggard has said a PM does the job, as for repeat offenders they find themselves banned from the section as will Freddy should he choose to ignore the rules again.

I would say 90% of threads/sales in the BST section go smoothly and the odd problem or "clever" comment is dealt with quickly, this is the case with the BST section and specific BST section rules and should you choose to take the discussion outside this section the rules do not apply (dog & Duck etc)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    we still need rules to stop people jumping in thinking they are going to save the world a few extra quid.
    Rules are already there that's why I interjected when the comment was made.

• Do not spoil other members threads, however If you are interested in the item for sale, you may link to a website offering a lower price.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fair enough but a simple - "Apple reduced these overnight to £329" would have been suffice.

To say "Sorry to piss on your post here" is seen by many as an invitation to drown the original poster..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Let's break this down.

Apple cut prices by £100 last night.

Goldberg wakes up and puts his iPad straight into the BST section.

Goldberg doesn't mention in his opening post that iPads have been dramatically slashed in price just a few hours ago.

Roach-Rampino loves a deal and thinks to himself 'sounds like a good price to me what with Apple selling them for £429 since launch'. Goldberg is selling his for £295 including a case. Lovely.

R-R does the deal and transfers the cash.

R-R then goes bat shit when he finds out Apple have slashed the price to £329 and he has missed out on a brand new unit and full warranty for a few extra quid. Goldberg knew this but hey, the early bird catches the worm right lads.

Fortunately I posted about the price cut.

R-R makes an informed decision to not bother with Goldberg's deal. Rightly so.

Yeah I could have PM'ed Goldberg and hoped that he either read the PM or took any notice of it before taking R-R's money.

Yeah I could have posted in another part of the forum and hope that R-R saw it before making the deal.

Yeah right. I manned up and posted directly. Fuck you.

You can all get off your high horses because you'd all be the first to cry like bitches if you had bought the iPad without knowledge of the price cut just hours earlier. Especially as Goldberg knew about it.

Although I've never used the BST, and never will, I understand the rules in place are for protection of members. Great. But seriously all this outcry for posting about a substantial price cut so members don't get stung?

I'll turn a blind eye next time eh.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Let's break this down.

Goldberg doesn't mention in his opening post that iPads have been dramatically slashed in price just a few hours ago.

Roach-Rampino loves a deal and thinks to himself 'sounds like a good price to me what with Apple selling them for £429 since launch'. Goldberg is selling his for £295 including a case. Lovely.

R-R then goes bat shit when he finds out Apple have slashed the price to £329 and he has missed out on a brand new unit and full warranty for a few extra quid. Goldberg knew this but hey, the early bird catches the worm right lads.

Yeah I could have PM'ed Goldberg and hoped that he either read the PM or took any notice of it before taking R-R's money.

Yeah I could have posted in another part of the forum and hope that R-R saw it before making the deal.

You can all get off your high horses because you'd all be the first to cry like bitches if you had bought the iPad without knowledge of the price cut just hours earlier. Especially as Goldberg knew about it.

Although I've never used the BST, and never will, I understand the rules in place are for protection of members. Great. But seriously all this outcry for posting about a substantial price cut so members don't get stung?

Complete and utter bollox Goldberg correctly posted the NEW retail price in the thread for the items (£360), I looked at the post myself as I was after one for the Mrs you being too thick to realise this decided to break the section rules and be a cock.

I have absolutely no axe to grind here, Goldberg did nothing wrong at all you on the other hand did.

If you want to carry this on then expect at least a week off as you are compounding the mistake YOU made with pathetic attempts to justify it, I have now edited and dumbed down the rule regarding this even more so even you can understand it now.
    Last edited by Bald Bouncer; 3rd March 2011 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Let's break this down.

Wow what a dick. Not everyone has time to check the news for price cuts etc and to be honest it was done pretty quietly by Apple.

Goldberg has sold items in BST before..so its very unlikely he was trying to scam everyone (Meaning there are members on df that would have his contact details)

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is why I will not use the section anymore.

I also did not and will not fall out with members over this.
    I will now either keep this or rip a mate off.

My idea was clearly rubbish so lets all just get on with contributing to the forum.
    I still honestly believe mine was a good price... But that's old news now.

Celebrity Juice in an couple of hours, will be watching on TVCatchup on my 1st Gen iPad.

Night all.