I've posted this query on the Apple Support Forum but got no response - can anyone here help me please?

I have a 30GB video iPod (no idea what "version" as I don't know how to find out) which is running software v1.3 and I synch it to my i7 quad-core iMac running under OSX.6.6 and iCal v4.0.4 (1395).

However, I today noticed that one of my calendars only partially synchs and that an appointment for next Tuesday does not appear yet one in the same calendar for Friday does.

I have deselected all calendars and the reselected them all again to force a "re-synch", I have factory reset the iPod and started again yet no matter what I do, I cannot get Tuesday's appointment to show on the iPod.

I've looked at it and, as far as I can see, that apportionment is no different to any other so why would certain appointments be synched and not others when in the same calendar?

I don't usually use the iPod calendar to plan but I had today forgotten to take my diary with me so I double booked the Tuesday and it was only when I got home I realised what had happened (although not how or why) so this may or may not be an isolated instance. Certainly I have never been aware of it before, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened and I just haven't noticed.

What might be relevant, although I can't think why, is that when I plug in the iPod, it launches iTunes, shows the iPod on the desktop, then it appears in iTunes - and then disappears of the desktop!

Again I've only noticed this tonight because i thought that running Disk Utility and/or Repair Permissions might reveal some glitch but, presumably because the icon has disappeared from the desktop (although still showing as "mounted" in iTunes) DU can't see it so I can't run anything against it.

I am perplexed and in need of some kind words of encouragement and enlightenment!

Thanks in advance.