Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Shit Sugarvine = Dishonest

I wrote a review for a restaurant I visited on Saturday on the aforementioned site and the response I received back from them was ridiculous.

My review stated that the restaurant was cold, the food was not spicy enough and the service was strange. I ordered a Naga curry which had blatantly never seen a Naga chilli in its short existence, the wifes curry was not a '3 chilli' heat either. The temperature was ludicrous and they waited till every scrap of poppadom had been eaten till they asked if we were ready for the starters. Bring it when it is ready you cocks.

The response I got back was thus -

Hello Bertroot

Thank you for your recent comments on Horse posted to Sugarvine.com's Reader Recommended section.

Unfortunately, we do not publish overly negative comment on the site. Legally, we are responsible for everything that appears whether it is written by us or not and we currently have no way of differentiating between genuine poor experiences and malicious posts by jealous competitors, angry ex-employees etc.

The aim of this section of the site is therefore for readers to recommend restaurants they have enjoyed to other people, something we have tried to make clear both in the title (Reader Recommended) and in the FAQs box (Our policy on Reader Recommendations). It is not intended to be a forum to air complaints or grievances.

Whilst we have not uploaded your comments to the Sugarvine site, we have forwarded them on to Horse. We have had some degree of success with the more responsive restaurants in getting satisfaction for customers who have had an unhappy experience and we will of course advise you should we receive any feedback.

Not impressed at all with the inability to be able to leave an honest frank review about a restaurant and will think twice before looking at their sugar coated pap again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sugarvine = Dishonest

I know the bloke that runs the site and he's not happy with the situation either, but as he says, he concerned about any possible litigation against the site. Having said that, it deosn't seem to worry thousands of other review sites.

Anyway, if you want a recommendation, get yourself to Thai By Night in Lytham.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think http://www.yelp.co.uk/ usually post the good and the bad. Try that mate......

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you will find due to the Laurence Godfrey v. Demon Internet Limited case UK sites would have to be very careful as they could easy find themselves in court.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cassy34 View Post
    I know the bloke that runs the site and he's not happy with the situation either, but as he says, he concerned about any possible litigation against the site. Having said that, it deosn't seem to worry thousands of other review sites.

Anyway, if you want a recommendation, get yourself to Thai By Night in Lytham.
    Been there, fancied something different mate. Get yerself to Zen in St Annes. Went last week and the menu was fantastic as was the service. Give it a wiz.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Positive comments only, sounds like ebays feedback system for buyers