Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Serious Serious Allegation.

I am at one of the countries leading educational institutes and an 'allegation' has been made by one person to another that I am infected with HIV. I am not homosexual but I have been bisexual in the past and I have had an up to date HIV test and I am in fact HIV negative.

The person in question has been known to have spread viscous rumours in the past, he is a homosexual himself and is currently 'off sick', pending an investigation. I am currently thinking about lodging a formal complaint and ask him to explain himself in an arbitrary process.

I am currently on my third day of not sleeping and I am desperately depressed about this.

What would you do if you where in my position?
    Confessing the sins is good for the soul.

Doing it anonymously means I can talk about all the disgusting shit that Bertroot made me do without grassing myself up ;)

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Serious Allegation.

You should really post this in the legal section if you have VIP status. Putting it here will prob get you ridiculed as its mostly for anon posters. I would talk to your union rep if you have one and get some legal help from them as it is free and part of your paid subscriptions to the union

Thanks
    Karma Level

Personally I would go to his house and kick the cunt out of him. A rumour like this can destroy your life and the lives of your friends and family around you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    You should really post this in the legal section if you have VIP status. Putting it here will prob get you ridiculed as its mostly for anon posters. I would talk to your union rep if you have one and get some legal help from them as it is free and part of your paid subscriptions to the union
    Thanks Mickey, if someone was to ridicule someone over a matter as serious as HIV, anonymous or not, I would say, (as I am sure a vast majority of long standing members on here would too) would reflect more on them as a person, than me as a member of an online community,

@Post 3: True, and I am seriously considering doing so, but would only degrade my current situation.

Doing it anonymously means I can talk about all the disgusting shit that Bertroot made me do without grassing myself up ;)

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you are having sleepless nights isn't lodging a complaint just going to drag out for weeks?

If it was me, and I knew the truth then I wouldn't let it bother me TBH. Getting your sleep and keeping healthy is more important than tittletattle.

Make the complaint, but then move on from it and don't let it rule your life.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    If you are having sleepless nights isn't lodging a complaint just going to drag out for weeks?

If it was me, and I knew the truth then I wouldn't let it bother me TBH. Getting your sleep and keeping healthy is more important than tittletattle.

Make the complaint, but then move on from it and don't let it rule your life.
    What will drag out for weeks will be when I have to see this cunt everyday, the industry that I am in is in close proximity with Children, and the general public. I do not know where this rumour has come from or where it has gone, this is a potentially life threatening disease that still has a lot of negative stigma attached to it, it's just not reported about as much.

Someone who thinks that they can quite nonchalantly make a comment like this should not be in the same industry that I am in, this person has either serious mental health issues or, serious mental health issues.

I would rather take this seriously and have a few more sleepless nights than let a person like that either carry on in the fashion that they are and more than likely, hurt themselves or others, than pass this off as something that doesn't really matter.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I would rather take this seriously and have a few more sleepless nights than let a person like that either carry on in the fashion that they are and more than likely, hurt themselves or others, than pass this off as something that doesn't really matter.
    If this was me and it has happened where i was bullied at work. I went down the disiplinary/grievance option with my union rep. This finally got sorted and the cnut had to make an apology to me. this was fine and was never brought up again and alot of the staff heard her say it also. (The apology)

Your issue is alot worse than this and you need higher help in your workplace than you can do by yourself
    Last edited by Mickey; 10th March 2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Look take the matter up seriously and formally.

But - before you do so gather your own evidence as your report needs to have some substance.

Establish the evidence, i.e. who said what to whom. Then document everything.

An organisation may find itself limited based on speculative hearsay if you cannot refer to a source.

Get your union involved at an early stage, even if it is to advise them of the issue.

If you are stressed to the extent it is affecting your mental health (sleep, stress, etc) go to the doctor, even if it is only to formally document the full effect this has had on you.

You have two routes to solve this, firstly in a collaborative manner with your organisation. You could report this to them and hope / expect them to deal with it by means of an investigation and appropriate disciplinary action.

Secondly, via slander. If the person has lied about you and this has had a harmful or damaging effect on your health you may have grounds to pursue an action.

This may be against the individual or the employer (you'd need to seek some advice on that).

I appreciate you must be stressed, but in context life can be a whole lot worse. I am in no way belittling your situation, just hoping you can see that life is precious and what one wanker says shouldnt be allowed to dominate your mind to the extent that it has caused you sleepless nights. (easy to say i know).

best of luck

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i would turn up to work with a big tshirt saying HIV Positive and not let something as trivial as this get you down m8, i would laugh it off.

get me his home address and ill send him something to shit him up good style fromt he local GUM clinic.
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ps: spike is that you?
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

I cured my aids by fucking a virgin. I just thought it was an old wives tale, but I tried it and hey presto, disease free!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I am at one of the countries leading educational institutes and an 'allegation' has been made by one person to another that I am infected with HIV. I am not homosexual but I have been bisexual in the past and I have had an up to date HIV test and I am in fact HIV negative.

The person in question has been known to have spread viscous rumours in the past, he is a homosexual himself and is currently 'off sick', pending an investigation. I am currently thinking about lodging a formal complaint and ask him to explain himself in an arbitrary process.

I am currently on my third day of not sleeping and I am desperately depressed about this.

What would you do if you where in my position?
    Pull yourself together for fucks sake.
    It's usually women that get involved in pathetic shit like this.
    If your that bothered about it put in a complaint, otherwise man up and move on.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What you need is a big hard cock up the bum.

You'll feel a lot better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bisexual? Must be a PE teacher then surely?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Go out, get HIV. Have a heart to heart with the guy over the whole thing, then finish with make up sex. Every ones a winner, kind of.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Personally I would go to his house and kick the cunt out of him. A rumour like this can destroy your life and the lives of your friends and family around you.
    And as an added bonus if he caught you with a stray punch and caused you to bleed you could drip it in his mouth and infect him with the aids.

Thanks
    Karma Level

No offence. But it it was me, I wouldn't give a shit.

He's a little girl. You haven't got HIV. If it's mentioned laugh heartily and tell them what a ridiculous thing to suggest.

I also wouldn't mention touching another man's pee pee either. That's your own personal life, and no-one's business at work.

As for this gay guy. Have you been intimate with him? As this sounds like a classic case of jilted bird / homo.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Perhaps you can't sleep because you DO have HIV?!?!