Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

moan Uploaded Youtube videos

Hello,

Anyone here come across this. I made a video using a well known groups music, and uploaded it to Youtube. It didn't take long before I was notified that the video was not made public etc. So I disputed this and made the statement of good faith (not saying I'm right or anything) as I saw the same music is available on youtube by hundreds of other youtube members.

Just now I received a message from Youtube that UMG has made this complaint against me, and they have disabled the video. So my question now is has anyone done the DMCA counter-notification? or in my case it would be the International counter-notification. Or is it just a waste of time? I guess I'm more curious that anything else, as I said, other people have used the same music and is available on youtube.

Not a big issue at all, it's more rage against the machine from my behalf
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Uploaded Youtube videos

I 'think' it's something to do with having to acknowledge the copyright holders/group/musician and song mate. I've seen this is done with a lot of YT vids out there.

I did a mashup of video clips I'd put together and had some Motorhead sound track it, it got music disabled for some time, then one day I went on it and the music was enabled again... strange as I never bothered following it up wen it was disabled.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Uploaded Youtube videos

Quote Originally Posted by burner1 View Post
    I 'think' it's something to do with having to acknowledge the copyright holders/group/musician and song mate. I've seen this is done with a lot of YT vids out there.

I did a mashup of video clips I'd put together and had some Motorhead sound track it, it got music disabled for some time, then one day I went on it and the music was enabled again... strange as I never bothered following it up wen it was disabled.
    Yep, that's what I did, it was kinda stage one of the whole process of disputing. The video I made was then available for maybe 12 hours or so, until I then received the "red letter", yes it is actually on a red background, saying that there is a complaint from UMG and the video had been disabled. Stage two would then be to counter-notify.

I don't want to poke the thin ice I'm standing on, by follow stage two here, as it only means youtube will pass on my complaint to UMG and then I would have to deal with them directly. So I guess it's better just to leave it.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”