Close

Thread: I broke it...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default I broke it...

Whilst trying to install Dash Launch + Freestyle Dash I now seem to have fucked it.

I followed this tutorial - YouTube - How to install Dashlaunch and the 30MS Ping Patch for JTAGs.

After rebooting and running the default.xex from the Flash Installer folder on my hard drive, the console reboots, the swirling xbox logo appears, it then looks as if it's going to load the standard 360 dash and not Freestyle, it shows the X logo in the bottom right corner of the screen, shows the Xbox Live - My Xbox - Welcome menus, then the Getting Started box and it hangs. The controller shuts off and if I reboot then it does the same.

I followed the tutorial to the letter and made sure that I used the correct freeboot.bin.

All this to Michael F'in Jackson working!!

This is going to be the part when you tell me it needs wiring back up to the Nand-X and I have to reflash the original Freeboot I'm guessing??

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: I broke it...

I would just use bestpig to create updflash.bin then boot to xellous with updflash on root of usb stick plugged in - it will pick it up and reflash - should be updated to latest dash version and work ok

not used my jtag for a while but that is what i done last time I fucked up

Thanks
    Karma Level

What dash version are you on mate?

I ask as I don't think dashlaunch is meant to work on anything higher than 12611 atm, so that might be the problem?

edit: DashLaunch does work on latest dash, as confirmed by Rael, so ignore that.

Why are you re-flashing to play MJ, does dashlaunch not boot it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

can you still get into xellous (boot with eject button)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm on 12611.

Will give it a bash booting into Xellous.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to get Michael Jackson working for myself, its for my lad

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you can follow my super-simple guide: http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=850415

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go

Assuming it can be fixed, can someone please point me in the direction of what I should be using to run the new Michael Jackson game as thats why I've ended up here. I'm on 12611 but the game said it needed an update whici it couldn't find, presumably because Iso2God stripped it out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

DashLaunch 2.21 should run it afaik mate, patches games that require later dash to work with lower.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm just about to get stuck back into it now.

Correct me if I'm wrong [which I often am when it comes to Jtag stuff as I only touch mine once every blue moon] but DashLaunch appears to be a Nand Flasher or an app launcher so I'm not sure how this is going to help with the Michael Jackson game.

I looked around for a patched xex but couldn't find one so I'm unsure about wich way to go. I've upped it to my internal HD via Iso2God and there seems to be just data files, no .xex. It just thinks it needs an update in order to run.

Anyway, time to see if I can un-fuck it and flash it back to how it was before I started messing around with DashLaunch!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Your kinda wrong, and kinda right.
    It isn't a flasher or applauncher as such, but it does do those functions in a roundabout way.

Amongst other things, it allows games that require 12625 dash to run on 12611, lets you autoboot to Freestyle (or any other dash), load apps from button presses at startup, load multi-disc games without changing disk etc, all done from an .ini file.

If you don't want to upgrade to 12625, install the latest DashLaunch and you should be good to go, if you don't mind upgrading, follow raelmadrid's thread in this section to upgrade, then you'll be on 12625 and MJ should run.

Either will work, it's just your preference.

PS. I don't see how DashLaunch could of fucked up the jtag, what version did you install, and where did you get it from?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmm, putting updflash.bin on the root of a USB stick does nothing when I boot into xellous [I'm assuming it's xellous and not xell], it detects the USB stick and then proceeds with trying to detect the network.

I'm going to try Rael's method via Easy Freeboot and see if that works.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    Your kinda wrong, and kinda right.
    It isn't a flasher or applauncher as such, but it does do those functions in a roundabout way.

Amongst other things, it allows games that require 12625 dash to run on 12611, lets you autoboot to Freestyle (or any other dash), load apps from button presses at startup, load multi-disc games without changing disk etc, all done from an .ini file.

If you don't want to upgrade to 12625, install the latest DashLaunch and you should be good to go, if you don't mind upgrading, follow raelmadrid's thread in this section to upgrade, then you'll be on 12625 and MJ should run.

Either will work, it's just your preference.

PS. I don't see how DashLaunch could of fucked up the jtag, what version did you install, and where did you get it from?

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring your post, I only saw it after the page refreshed when I posted.

I'm not really fussed about booting straight into Freestyle to be honest, I like to keep things simple for my lad and he's familiar with the standard dash. I've got Freestyle on there but never really used it until last night.

The version of DashLaunch I used was 2.21 and was from either Se7enSins or xbins, not sure which.

I'm not particularly precious about whether I stay on 12611 or upgrade to 12625. My other Jtag in my bedroom runs the latest but that's only for watching movies, no gaming.

I seem to recall that using 12625 or whatever the latest is that I wouldn't be able to use that console on Live which I don't intend on doing, it's only networked when I ftp to it. I might look at setting up xlink or whatever it is in the future so I can play with my mate over the net but at the moment I'm really not bothered. I just need to try and fix my lads Jtag which won't currently boot into the standard dash fully as it just hangs and doesn't properly load. It loads the Getting Started panel but doesn't load any of the others and it freezes.

I'd like to fix it first, and then get the Michael Jackson thing running second. Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thinking about it, after using DashLaunch everything was fine, it was after I used Flash360 and rebooted that everything went tits up!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, I've tried booting into xellous with 2 different USB sticks, 1 is a Kingston the other is unbranded, and I've tried booting up with a USB memory card reader with a 4GB card - all have been formatted as Fat32, but I get the following screen with no mention of any flashing:-

IMAG0018.jpg

Thanks
    Karma Level

This happened to me last night lol!

Power off the xbox, unplug the power lead from the back for 10 secs, plug back in, put USB stick in the xbox and power on with eject - it should pick it up then. (Thanks to fanni for this info!)

..and yeah sounds like a bad flash, didn't think it woul be DashLaunch that did it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Burned the Updflash.bin on a CD and flashed it that way and that's worked!!

After the flash and powering thr machine back on, it loaded theup the standard dash and the box for the update came up on the screen and it hung for several seconds and heart stopped, but then it just told me something needed an update and I went through the xbox setup.

I've just installed the System Update for 12651 and now I'm back to normal, thank f00k Oddly enough that System Update did the E71 after it installed, I rebooted and it was fine. I don't recall seeing the E71 after previous dash updates but on both mine and my son's console it did.

Anyway, I'm only curious about the latter, the main thing is that's it's working again and thank to all of you for your swift responses to a big cry for help, thank you

Thanks
    Karma Level

12651??!?
    I hope you mean 12625?

The e71 is normal is you have bridged the pins to stop the efuses blowing afaik, so don't worry about that.

Test your jtag now though, make sure freestyle / xexmenu or something works...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes 12625, I don't know where I got 12651 from?!?

That explains the E71, thanks that's good to know.

I've just tested everything and it works fine, the Michael Jackson will keep my lad busy for a little while tomorrow and even though I don't have much desire to play it, I'm sure he'll have me up for a go :S

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Phew...was thinkin you had fucked your jtag by updating past 12625 for a while there lol!

Congrats mate, enjoy!

Thanks
    Karma Level

No No, thank you for your help