Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Upgraded firmware and added web browser now acecard dsi not working.

Iupgraded my dsi to have a web browser and its firm ware. Afterwards the card was not able to use the ace card. Any ideas on how to fix this.thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Upgraded firmware and added web browser now acecard dsi not working.

most likely the update has disabled the use of the ace card.. usually in this situation you'd be looking for an update for the ace card.. try going to the ace card's website and see if there's an updated firmware for it..

..generally speaking nowerdays if you want to play backups then you should avoid updating anything..
    Sent from my PC using a keyboard

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Upgraded firmware and added web browser now acecard dsi not working.

There is a recent update that allows the card to work on a 3ds as well. Thats the update you need to grab.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Last update I got was akio 1.8.6 is there a newer version? Thanks for helping.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats the bootloader/menu, not the firmware. !
    Now you have updated your dsi though, you are going to have to either borrow an older dsl, or a dsi thats not been updated. You will need to grab the appropriate firmware for the machine you upgrade the cartridge firmware on.
    Links to the firmware are on the stickies, its that linfox domain site.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry to be a complete noob. I have managed to get hold of a friend who has a dsi that is running a recent akio 1.8.6 but the original firmware.

I cant see any instructions from a quick google on how to resolve this any help on how to get my firmware (1.4.1E) to a lower firmware would be much appreciated.

I went on to the linfox and downloaded old firmware and stuck it on the root of the drive but it done nothing. I updated akaio 1.8.6 first and then updated DSi firmware after that if that aids any.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

The error I get when I select the acekard dsi 2i is

"An error has occurred press and hold the power button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo dsi operations manual for details".

I put ak2ifw_update_141_dsl.nds on the root and ak2ifw_update_141_dsi.nds but it does not ask me to do anything when I select the dsi menu screen where you can select system settings, acekard and web browser etc.
    Last edited by gandalf72; 30th April 2011 at 06:06 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That error indicates that the dsi you are trying to update the acekard firmware on has already been updated.

As you are trying to update on a 141_dsi, you should not use the .dsl file as it will kill the card. You need to only use the 141_dsi nds file.

You simply run the update file like you would a game. Start it in the acekard menu and it will ask you to eject the card and reinsert it, then press B or something. 60 seconds laters jobs done and you reboot.

However, as said, the error message you are getting indicates the DSi already has the newer firmware on it, so try finding an old DS Lite, and using the 142_dsl update file.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

One further point worth making is that the 141 update isnt the newest available.
    The new ones are here http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/...ate_3ds_v1.zip

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the link to the file. The rar file seems to be corrupt. Just a silly question but I have no idea how to get to use this file as when I power on what happens is I get the health and safety message, then get the option of white screen with the boxes you can scroll to that contains system memory settings and ace kard etc. If I move cursor along to acekard and select it I then get the black screen with the error message.

Thanks in advance.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If the DS has new firmware on it, and your acekard has old firmware on it, then without borrowing an old DS to run the update on, then you can't do it as the Acekard is unable to start.
    That sounds to me like what is happening. Just get hold of an old DS Phat or DS Lite and run the dsl update nds rom.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to confirm that I tried to download that rar file and it said it was corrupt. The friends dsi that I have has the pre 1.4.1 firmware and has a launch firmware. I have not tried to stick my card into their one without understanding if I was doing things correctly.

They also have a acekard 2i if that helps. Are there any other links to the 3ds firmware update?

Is the other dsi not able to be used to update this now. I dont know anyone with a phat or ds lite to update using that.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it was 1.4 and upwards that caused the problems with flash card so if the Dsi's in question are 1.4 or 1.4.1 then you are screwed. You cant do anything without an older DS lite.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The other DSi that I have is 1.2e my one is 1.4.1e. I dont have access to a ds phat or lite. There acekard 2.i does not work in mine as it has the same loader as mine 1.8.6 and my card works in hers and comes up with the options to show games when selected including the option for the 3d upgrade.

I am not sure how to grab her firmware from her DSi and put it onto mine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Put your acekard into the 1.2e DSi, run the 3DS update. The card will now work in your 1.4.1 DSi.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to confirm it wont update the 1.2 firmware on the other DSi will it? it just updates the firmware on transflash micro sd card for mine?

Thanks in advance

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Confirmed.
    The only way to update the Dsi itself is via an internet connection.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Many thanks I downloaded the firmware from the link after deleting previous ones and then selected the download firmware from the games folder and then let it update on the other dsi and it then done the firmware update but didn't affect the 1.2 firmware dsi

Thought I would update this in case any other DF members make the same mistake that I did.

Many thanks to all who helped.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Phew...thank gawd that's over ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL tell me about it lol. Thanks m8.

Just in case anyone else is unfortunate enough here is what I done

Original DSi with 1.4.1e firmware updated
    I had updated the firmware to allow me to access the internet.

What I done
    Downloaded the firmware from link provided to pc
    Transfer the firmware to games folder of microsd card
    stick micro sd card into acekard 2.1
    insert acekard 2.1 into 1.2e firmware DSi
    select acekard 2.1 in DSi with 1.2e menu
    then you should see the firmware in list
    select firmware and then press start button
    It will now flash firmware.
    Take card and stick it back into original DSi and select acekard
    everything is now back to normal

Breathe a sigh of relieve