Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Wifi crack tool that's totally point and click.

I've been a fan of backtrack etc. for some years now as I'm a typical 'geek' wanting to learn new things for the hell of it (like most members here I imagine lol)

Anyway, found out a while ago my lad had 'hacked' a small hotels wifi AP when he's at his mums as she only has a dongle for personal use and won't let him use her data etc.

He used my old netgear wifi dongle (I've got a more powerful one now for injection) and a programme called 'Beini' ... Never heard of it myself.

Did a bit of digging and it turns out it's very simple to crack WEP in particular... only took him a few minutes so I had a play with it.

DL'd latest release and put it onto a bootable USB drive, it takes up less than 50 meg of space and it boots real quick. Done some screen shots of using it at it's basic level:

Main boot screen (apart from the gimp icon fifth from right which I added seperately to take the screenshots):

Started the programme minidwep-gtk, this is the default screen and settings:

Hit the scan button, and it'll grab any AP's it can that have WEP encryption:

After about 30 seconds, it'll list just the AP's with WEP being used, select the one you're interested in and hit launch:

If the AP has some clients, the quicker it'll be, but in time, you should see this:

Job done. All that's really needed is the right wifi dongle, Mine are based on the RTL8187L chipset and Beini picked them up no problem as drivers are installed already. You could also go down the road of dictionary attacks on WPA etc. but for the basics, good bit of kit.

It's actually a pretty good all-round kit for non network testing. It's got a seperate app package installer simlilar to package manager in ubuntu, can DL, extract and install apps just with a few clicks so could well use as a really small all-round linux.

Obviously, I've told my lad it's 'naughty' but then, he's only 9 and don't really want to knock his ingenuity really lol.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks to burner1

BFG (27th June 2011)