Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

banned Human Centipede II - banned in the UK

BBFC REJECTS THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE II (FULL SEQUENCE)
    June 6th, 2011

The BBFC has rejected the sexually violent, and potentially obscene DVD, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) This means that it cannot be legally supplied anywhere in the UK. The decision was taken by the Director, David Cooke and the Presidential Team of Sir Quentin Thomas, Alison Hastings and Gerard Lemos.
    The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) is a sequel to the film The Human Centipede (First Sequence), which was classified ‘18’ uncut for cinema and DVD release by the BBFC in 2010. The first film dealt with a mad doctor who sews together three kidnapped people in order to produce the ‘human centipede’of the title. Although the concept of the film was undoubtedly tasteless and disgusting it was a relatively traditional and conventional horror film and the Board concluded that it was not in breach of our Guidelines at ‘18’. This new work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), tells the story of a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a DVD recording of the first film and who imagines putting the ‘centipede’ idea into practice. Unlike the first film, the sequel presents graphic images of sexual violence, forced defecation, and mutilation, and the viewer is invited to witness events from the perspective of the protagonist. Whereas in the first film the ‘centipede’ idea is presented as a revolting medical experiment, with the focus on whether the victims will be able to escape, this sequel presents the ‘centipede’ idea as the object of the protagonist’s depraved sexual fantasy.

The principal focus of The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) is the sexual arousal of the central character at both the idea and the spectacle of the total degradation, humiliation, mutilation, torture, and murder of his naked victims. Examples of this include a scene early in the film in which he masturbates whilst he watches a DVD of the original Human Centipede film, with sandpaper wrapped around his penis, and a sequence later in the film in which he becomes aroused at the sight of the members of the ‘centipede’ being forced to defecate into one another’s mouths, culminating in sight of the man wrapping barbed wire around his penis and raping the woman at the rear of the ‘centipede’. There is little attempt to portray any of the victims in the film as anything other than objects to be brutalised, degraded and mutilated for the amusement and arousal of the central character, as well as for the pleasure of the audience. There is a strong focus throughout on the link between sexual arousal and sexual violence and a clear association between pain, perversity and sexual pleasure. It is the Board’s conclusion that the explicit presentation of the central character’s obsessive sexually violent fantasies is in breach of its Classification Guidelines and poses a real, as opposed to a fanciful, risk that harm is likely to be caused to potential viewers.

David Cooke, Director of the BBFC said:
    “It is the Board’s carefully considered view that to issue a certificate to this work, even if confined to adults, would be inconsistent with the Board’s Guidelines, would risk potential harm within the terms of the VRA, and would be unacceptable to the public.
    “The Board also seeks to avoid classifying material that may be in breach of the Obscene Publications Acts 1959 and 1964 (OPA) or any other relevant legislation. The OPA prohibits the publication of works that have a tendency to deprave or corrupt a significant proportion of those likely to see them. In order to avoid classifying potentially obscene material, the Board engages in regular discussions with the relevant enforcement agencies, including the CPS, the police, and the Ministry of Justice. It is the Board’s view that there is a genuine risk that this video work, The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), may be considered obscene within the terms of the OPA, for the reasons given above.
    “The Board considered whether its concerns could be dealt with through cuts. However, given that the unacceptable content runs throughout the work, cuts are not a viable option in this case and the work is therefore refused a classification.”

Source
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Human Centipede II - banned in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    The decision was taken by the Director, David Cooke and the Presidential Team of Sir Quentin Thomas, Alison Hastings and Gerard Lemos
    I feel sorry for Alison Hastings, having to watch films like this with 3 blokes in the room
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not sure if I'll bother with this one. The first one was total shite and this doesn't sound much better. I'm sure Leo will love it mind

Thanks
    Karma Level

The mind truly boggles as to why you would want to act in it? Seriously? Not for me!

Sent from my HTC Desire usinhg Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds like a regular friday night gang bang in manchester to me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sounds like a pile of shite. A bigger pile of shite than the first one, which I didn't think possible.
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won
    I fought the law and I won

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by sirdave View Post
    The mind truly boggles as to why you would want to act in it? Seriously? Not for me!

Sent from my HTC Desire usinhg Tapatalk
    usually for around £20k?
    A wise man once said " "

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryRises View Post
    Sounds like a pile of shite.
    Literally.

Thanks
    Karma Level

some MPs will be queuing up to watch this one, im sure they will find it delectable viewing when added to an evening of fois gras, chateauneuf du pape and an orange and electrical cable....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Did anyone actually PAY to see the first one anyway?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone got an nzb for it? no better way to publicise something than by banning it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Swwaaaaallllloooooow !!!!!! (In my best German accent of course)

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    I'm not sure if I'll bother with this one. The first one was total shite and this doesn't sound much better. I'm sure Leo will love it mind
    nice pun

Cheapreefer on instagram

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Feeeeed her!

A hellish film to watch, but it gets everyone talking! Look forward to seeing the second!
    Last edited by Brydo666; 8th June 2011 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not seen the first one, although I may do at some point. Saw the South Park parody so got the gist of it! Second one looks like it might be OTT. Will still watch it tho probably. That Serbian Film was also banned in the UK as well no?

Well, banned or not it will pop up on torrents and newsgroups soon enough I'm sure!

DJ OD

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ive seen some films lately that i would class as much worse than this and they got an 18 cert. when will they realise that banning a film just makes it more desirable and this will be spread like wildfire so by banning it they created a "myth" or legend and much like exorcist was copied to death when it too was banned, this one will be everywhere.

i dont want some twat in a suit telling me what i can or cannot watch. to me they are like playschool, its a film ffs. do they think we will go out and sow together the first couple we see ffs?.

i dont see many people visiting the bed of a 12 year old girl and saying "the power of christ compels you" oh wait...
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

When's it out

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Some sicko's out there will enjoy it. Good job its been banned, but will turn up more now than before they banned it

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i found the first one quite disturbing, not based around what you were seeing but it was more the idea of it which i found quite sick
    can sit and watch most things and they dont bother me but something about the 1st film was just a bit too out there for me

will watch the second one tho (obviously i mean its banned and its free so why wouldnt you )
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

firs tone was pants. but I sat and watched it, as I will with this one i'm sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast