Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help football manager 2011 - Flashes black and then goes back to desktop then repeats cycl

Tried to install and the setup completes and then I copy the crack over but as soon as you double click on fm.exe it just goes in a loop of black for a few seconds and then goes back to desktop followed by going black again etc etc.

Operating System 32 bit win 7
    Prophets version of football manager 2011

Makes no difference if you run as admin - same loop happens.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled
    I never had steam installed so installed steam and tried again - same outcome
    I have not installed any recent games for the PC on this so I am not sure if you need to have anything else installed etc before you play these games to get them to work.

System should have enough spec as its only a year and half old.

1- Unpack, burn or mount ²Üܱ²²
    ÛÛÛ Û 2- Install game Û ²ÛÛ
    ÛÛÛ Û 3- Install the 11.1.0 update from PROPHET dir Û ÛÛÛ
    ÛÛÛ Û 4- Copy the crack from PROPHET dir

The above steps done \ during install tried the install with and without steam option.
    I have also installed with the advanced option and normal option - again same result.
    I also tried to install the latest update from outlaws to see if that would make a difference but same result.
    I have checked pc has latest dx installed.

Any help much appreciated.
    Last edited by gandalf72; 11th June 2011 at 07:29 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: football manager 2011 - Flashes black and then goes back to desktop then repeats

Running in XP compatibility mode sometimes works for me with games.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: football manager 2011 - Flashes black and then goes back to desktop then repeats

Thanks for that info, I tried that and as a result it produced an error saying "Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure the game is installed properly. Please contact technical support."

When using the anyinstaller it said it had completed and no issues. I have not got past the anyinstaller section so not been able to pick team etc.

No idea why anyinstaller says all well and then installing the latest patch gives this error message.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weird. I am playing a cracked version fine and have been for about a year. So it shouldn't be an issue with that.

You don't need steam either. So I wouldn't have that installed incase there is some checking going on from within steam.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I done some searching on google for this error and it seems to be a common complaint on the games publisher forum but they just said contact tech support and no solution posted. I just unistalled steam and then unistalled fm2011 before installing again but same problem. It says it installs fine. I dont select the run after install option but everything else is default. I then apply update and then copy over the .exe file to program files and then double click on the .exe file and get the error. I also tried running as admin but get same error. At no stage do I even get to the bit where you select teams etc just the initial install.

I have no idea why this is so messed up.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If this is a windows 7 problem, and you really need to run this game, it may be worth having a dual-boot system with 7 and XP.

Thanks
    Karma Level

^^

I am on Win7 and don't get this issue at all. The win7 operating system is supported by the game.

This is a cracked game, right? Must be an issue with the crack.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it must be something to do with the prophet download / install to be honest as the second update I downloaded was from the group outlaw which contains a different .exe to the one supplied by phrophet with their update and .exe

I just downloaded the outlaw 11.1.0 crack and same problem so I am thinking that the crack file can be ruled out leaving the original install being the problem?

I know I have enough ram (4gb) the processor is AMD Phenom II X4 945 I have plenty of disk space free (gigs) and its a ati radeon hd4600 so should not be a problem.

I have just found the proper version of this and just getting it at the moment so will hopefully be able to say if its the prophets main install that was the problem or if proper has same results meaning potentially something not compatible with my system?

It will take me 40 mins to get and then however long to install. I will update once I have done this. I am just also updating to the latest catalyst drivers as well in case that is an issue.
    Last edited by gandalf72; 12th June 2011 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

^^

I am running a Dual Core AMD Phenom with 4gb of ram. This gives me 5 stars under system speed. So I'd say your system is more than capable.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just tried to run the proper release version of fm2011 and same - error after it installs needs important data despite it saying installed fine.

I have just downloaded revo unistall pro to see if it will delete any hidden registry points due to amount of times I have installed / uninstalled.

I am now trying to install again and will update with the outcome of that in 5 minutes.

I dont know why it does not run the game after it installs which is the baffling thing. The other thing I dont understand is that by selecting the defaults during advanced install and again all defaults it gives the error message or black screen if you leave it in full windows 7 mode. If you dont leave in windows 7 mode and go to compatible xp sp3 mode then you get the essential data missing error.
    Last edited by gandalf72; 12th June 2011 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf72 View Post
    Just tried to run the proper release version of fm2011 and same - error after it installs needs important data despite it saying installed fine

Now that is very strange.

I am also using 32bit win7. Never had a problem.

Edit -

This may be a little insulting, so I apologise. But did you drag and drop the .exe file to your desktop and click? Instead of right clicking "create shortcut".

Thought I'd suggest it, as I have no idea.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The screen says congrats and then goes back to desktop no matter whether I have said launch fm.exe after install or not.

I saw a few posts on the google search that said you had to go into program files and right click and send to desktop as a shortcut. I installed the game to default location.

That said I have just been double clicking the file from within program files last time I installed to cut out that part. But whether trying to play inside program files or from desktop shortcut same outcome.

Thanks for all help m8 it is very much appreciated. This is a really weird problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Right, un-install the game and remove all application data folder's from - Local - Roaming etc.

Install the game, before you install the crack, run the game and see if the issue occurs again.

If it doesn't happen without the crack applied then it's the crack that is causing the issue.

I have a cracked copy, I mount it in daemon tools and install the patches from the FM website and it works fine for me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had a similar issue, i had to update directx manually and .net, worth a go.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for all the replies, I did the direct x and .net and that made no difference. I also tried to install on a different pc and it worked fine. This means that something local on my pc is not right but dont know what since it was both on win 7.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

do you have an intel core chip and an nvidia graphics card?

ive had issues on my laptop and have managed to fix it by forcing the laptop to use the Nvidia card rather then flicking back and fore between the two depending on load etc

Edit....

noticed above you have an AMD and an ATI card, so you can ignore my input above lol