Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anybody Smoke E-Cigs

this just gets more complicated.. as a complete noob who is thinking about buying the Tornado Tank Kit, which comes with battery, atomizer and refilable cartridge.. I have a question (or two)

..what is the purpose of the clearomizer? does it replace the standard atomizer & refil cartridge? taking the guess work out of refil times?.. why are there 2.4-2.6 and 2.6-2.8 ohm options? what's the difference? ..and if these things are refilable.. why would you want to order 100 of them? can they only be used so many times?

..also, what's the PG & VG about? [nvm = http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-confused.html]

cheers
    Last edited by Possy_99; 18th July 2011 at 01:56 PM.
    Sent from my PC using a keyboard

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Possy_99 View Post
    this just gets more complicated.. as a complete noob who is thinking about buying the Tornado Tank Kit, which comes with battery, atomizer and refilable cartridge.. I have a question (or two)

..what is the purpose of the clearomizer? does it replace the standard atomizer & refil cartridge? taking the guess work out of refil times?.. why are there 2.4-2.6 and 2.6-2.8 ohm options? what's the difference? ..and if these things are refilable.. why would you want to order 100 of them? can they only be used so many times?

..also, what's the PG & VG about? [nvm = http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-confused.html]

cheers
    a clearomizer is a cler tank type atomizer what holds up to a days e-liquid saves filling up all the time
    ohms on a standard 3.7v batt i would not go above 2.6ohm batt may not be able to power the atty larger than 2.6ohm is meant for higher voltage vaping

here a glosser of e-cig terms shauld answer most of you questions http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages...ories/Glossary

Thanks
    Karma Level

..what is the purpose of the clearomizer? does it replace the standard atomizer & refil cartridge?
    Yup,

why are there 2.4-2.6 and 2.6-2.8 ohm options? what's the difference? ..and if these things are refilable.. why would you want to order 100 of them? can they only be used so many times?
    These atomisers end up burning out at some point, (like a light bulb)

Iv had ones last a week, and ones last 6 months.

The lower the ohm value, the hotter it will burn (read you get a better hit from it), but it will also burn out quicker.

cheers
    The nicoteen needs to be bonded to some sort of liquid so you can use it. PG has been used in asthma inhalers for years, vg is very similar but made from veg (iirc)

PG will give you more of a sense of throat hit, (realistic sensation of smoking) VG will give you more visual smoke that your breath out.

Dont get too interested in the pg vs vg stuff yet, your way too early into this. Just buy the kit, and a spare 30ml bottle of tobbaco red label 18mg strength from totally wicked , and throw your fags away once you have charged it up.

Come back once you have done the bottle of red label and we can start talking about alternative flavours, strengths, and pg vs vg.

Fon

2 Thanks given to Fon

losttoy (18th July 2011),  Possy_99 (18th July 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post

Dont get too interested in the pg vs vg stuff yet, your way too early into this. Just buy the kit, and a spare 30ml bottle of tobbaco red label 18mg strength from totally wicked , and throw your fags away once you have charged it up.

Fon
    Fair point... Get a starter kit and see what they are about. Too much information

Definitely get a pack of clearo's though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not used one myself (never smoked), but several mates and co-workers use them and say they are great. Much cheaper than normal cigs, better for your health and I think one of the most attractive things about them....you can smoke inside pubs, clubs, works, restraunts, etc legally.

Also, due to their being no smell it does not annoy anyone nearby who is in work or whatever, it's just water vapour that comes out, so you see it, but that's all.

Oh, and for all you cannabis lovers, there is apparently a way to get the chemical from your herb of choice, mix it with water and add it to the filter tips, so you can even smoke weed without actually smoking.

Thanks
    Karma Level

heh, have to admit I instantly wondered if there was a way to smoke weed with these, where there's a will...

Thanks
    Karma Level

The crystals on bud can be dissolved in propylene glycol then vaped

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have the tax rules and import duties changed?Last time I bought from China I didn't pay any Should I be factoring in 20% for VAT and a handling fee for the courier this time? (e-cig kit, spares & e-liquid)
    Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not had to pay anything yet mate and I've made a few orders this year. Might have been lucky though.

What have you ordered?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks m8 that's good to know. I read a couple whingey posts where people have been stung for upto an extra 50%. I've not pulled the trigger yet, deciding between 2 similar orders from e-liquid.cn and healthcabin.net. About 100ml each of ryu4, red bull and double mint juice are top of the list. I bought Mumsie a Tornado at Xmas and picked 1 up for myself for when I run out of my bulk supply of 901s and 510s and am quite liking it with the clearos from TW now I'm out of 901s and down to the last few 510s so I'm gonna pick up a 900mah Ego Giantomizer or Tank kit and pick up the bits to turn it into the other options too (some XL cartos, A&B tanks and giantomizers) so I can test them all out, I think.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not heard of people being stung by customs but I guess its a risk you have to take. I find the postage from e-liquid.cn a bit steep and I've been waiting to hear from them for 48hrs about adding something to my order. e-cig.com impressed me with their delivery time. I think it was 3 working days which is mad. Been vaping their rimonabant appetite suppressant for a few weeks now not sure if its working though. The clearo's eliquid are selling now are the ones with the injected tubes which apparently dont crack at the base. That means that with cleaning them in the ultrasonic they'll go for ages as it was always the tubes that let them down.

The trick with clearo's is to loosen the filling ring. They vape like a champ then

Build a box mod dude the little extra voltage makes a big difference. Or if you have a 14500 charger and batteries pm me your address and I'll send you one as I made a batch the other day.

RIP Tabs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ohhh thanks m8 , I never did get round to making a Nico stick. I've got an extender with the Tornado so it will fit the standard 510 charger, do you think the box would work with a Giantomizer or the attys with the large fitting built in if I use the charging extender?

Have u ever requested a quote for express shipping from e-liquid.cn? After checking out the price of the standard shipping I logged into Health Cabin and the order was about the same price with express shipping from them altho their prices are slightly higher.

I've been tinkering with the clearos. Loosening the filling ring and nipping the cut outs back a little works. They've been cleaning up nicely just using running hot water and giving it a dry burn after to fry any residue.
    Have you tried the CE2 cartos from e-liquid.cn? From the write up and link on their site they look like CE2 clearos in a metal tube so there shouldn't be any cracking problems (and they sell them in packs of 30).
    I was looking at the CE3s but a box of 100 is too many for me I think. Health Cabin are awaiting stock on a few items in my cart so I'm hoping they get some CE3s in when they restock cos they look alright on the MicroCig site.
    It'd be nice if there was a system we didn't have to tinker with in some way

Having a posting mare today btw
    Formatting was all over the place in the last post cos of the Ipad then 1st time made this post I hit the post button instead of the advanced button lol
    Last edited by Hippie on hill; 28th July 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

14500 batteries look like this and usually powers flashlights... http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustfi...ry-2-pack-3435

Thanks
    Karma Level

Altho they're a bit bigger, it is nice not having to carry so many spares around all the time now isn't it

TW said they'd have the CE3s in this week btw, if they come in before the sale ends I might pick up a pack from them to test.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah there's always going to be as certain amount of pissing around with things to get them working... But that's part of the attraction I think. Maybe because it gives you something to do other than bite your nails and kick the dog lol

E-cigs work, It's almost effortless to switch over

Thanks
    Karma Level

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12