Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky and BBC to televise F1 from 2012

Pistonheads has a thread on this currently running at 102 pages.

Two posts on page 102 have struck my interest>

Same subject different complaint:

I am very disappointed in Autosport, I purchase this magazine every week without fail including during the off season and have done so since 1979. Over the race weekends I also check their website twice a day for any info updates.

I am very disappointed to see that they have not followed up on the tv issues. After a small article explaining the announcement they have not mentioned it. This is a UK mag and they should be collecting comments from teams, drivers, FIA and the midget regarding this matter. If our most important UK motorsport magazine is not going to chase those involved for comments and explanations what chance is their of anything changing. This is just a green light to those in charge that they can walk all over the public.

Autosport should be the public's attack dog on this subject or are they all very cosy with those in charge going to the parties getting their lovely press passes etc. etc.

Back in the day Autosport was highly critical of Jean Marie Balestre and the FIA and how they handled themselves, where have their boll..ks gone.

In todays internet fast world an article in next weeks mag is not good enough they should be going for the throat this weekend and reporting it blow by blow on their website but I guess that would make them unpopular with the powers that be. Have they like the BBC, Ecclestone, FIA and all others involved forgotten who fills their pockets, because ultimately it is us the paying, subscribing public.

If Autosport do not chase this hard it will end my weekly purchase of their magazine. I am still shocked at the high handedness all involved are behaving over this issue perhaps we all need to find a new sport to follow. How is MOTO GP at the moment or is the governing body F...ing up this as well.
    posted by JMC1.

And this one by Grahamsopp

last night i was babysitting for friends, who have a big sky bundle. i used the time to research, and confirm my previous beliefs - there really was nothing on. the usual freeview channels, about 300 religious channels and some very dubious movie channels, showing Dinocroc vs. Supergator......... they pay £100/month

and that's part of the problem, i can pop into tesco and buy some milk. if sky owned tesco you would HAVE to buy bread, nappies, prune juice, and 17 get well cards, just to be allowed to have milk. and have to buy it all over agin next month for the next 2 years.

i can't think of any other sales organisation that forces you to buy stuff you dont want just to get stuff you do. Mcdonnalds will sell me a coffee without having to buy a big mac. microsoft will sell me windows without forcing me to buy office. BP will sell me a gallon of petrol without insisting i buy a map and two mars bars

IF syk would sell Just F1 for Just £5/month that may be less of a concern. its being charged for all that other drivel they put out (with adverts) that makes it unwanted

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...rom+2012&mid=0
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

2 Thanks given to 4me2

blaggard (31st July 2011),  casio (1st August 2011)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Spot on!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wankers. Money grabbing poison dwarf is milking this for all he can with no regard for the sport, the fans, the teams or the drivers. I really hope that once the sponsors and teams see how much their figures drop, along with the inevitably terrible (compared to the beeb) coverage they set up another race series and hang Bernie from a tree.

To even think that Sky Football will give preference to some cars is laughable. They will just get some uninteresting, shiny suited wankers spouting drivel about things they don't care about in some cunt palace of a studio and still have rolling scores from kickball interrupting the racing.

Wankers.

Thanks to super mike

blaggard (31st July 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

a few weeks ago the formula one teams association 'FOTA' asked for feedback from the fans, at the time I was reasonably happy although I dont like the DRS systems I prefered the engineering elegance of the 'f duct' and I told them that.

After the news broke that old Bernie and Rupert had bent the fans over and buggered us all, I decided to email the FOTA info@teamsassociation.org and tell them that thanks to the sky deal a fan of 30 years will be waving goodbye to f1 at the end of the season, not only due to the costs involved in watching the races (Sad but true, I haven't missed a single race since 1982) but also due to the fact that on moral grounds I won't buy anything connected to Rupert Murdoch, News Corp etc, I wouldnt reward my dog for shitting on the carpet and the same goes for Murdoch.

Thanks to casio

4me2 (1st August 2011)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I have mixed feelings about this...probably because I am already a Sky Sports subscriber, and have no intention of ending that, so I therefore have no concerns about not being able to watch the races. I can obviously see that anyone who isnt a subscriber will quite rightly be very upset.
    However, I can also remember when Sky had the F1 last time, and they did a very good job of it....they had John Watson commentating if I remember correctly, they poached him from Europsport, but never brought his Eurosport co-commentator who was pretty good, I think he was called Allard Calif or something like that......but they showed a great deal more telemetry than the BBC at the time, as it was in an effort to sell Bernies enhanced package (ooer). I think Sky were pretty much testing the digital service over the old analogue cameras etc.....but it was good, and I do remember preferring to watch it on Sky, and only switching over to the BBC during the adverts.
    What does concern me is that they might think they don't need Indycar now they have F1....and I prefer Indy to F1 now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Social Networking Bookmarks