Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: eBay what would you do

Hi,

The BIN does not disappear after the first bid if there is a reserve on the item. It will remain until the reserve is met. at which point the item goes on sale via the auction (reserve met) and the BIN is removed. That is how it was last time I used that facility but I don't think it will have changed.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks to tips

Over Carl (8th September 2011)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tips View Post
    Hi,

The BIN does not disappear after the first bid if there is a reserve on the item. It will remain until the reserve is met. at which point the item goes on sale via the auction (reserve met) and the BIN is removed. That is how it was last time I used that facility but I don't think it will have changed.

GOOD LUCK
    It was an OFFER - OVER the BIN price.
    BIN = Met (and then some!)

An offer is as official as a bid.

America has hundreds of iPhones available at the ebay dot com. Why bother bidding on a more expensive one abroad. Don't send it, but say you have and watch the payment get reversed.

My money's on 4 days.
    Last edited by DejaVu; 8th September 2011 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeh it does , but it was a bin with offers . Not with auction bids .
    Ther was no option to bid , just bin with the offers box.

Let you know guys , it's all good

Plug

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know why you're even asking the question. The fact that it's in any way suspicious is enough. Refund the payment, issue a npb then fuck him off and relist with a uk only option.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    I don't know why you're even asking the question. The fact that it's in any way suspicious is enough. Refund the payment, issue a npb then fuck him off and relist with a uk only option.
    personally mate i would go with this, ebay is against sellers these days and if it goes tits up i reckon you will be the one paying out
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's still OK for volume power sellers but individuals selling high value items might just as well bend over and lube up!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well the paypal address he paid from is confirmed and it matches the address on his eBay account.
    he's never asked for it to be shipped anywhere else other than the confirmed address ,
    it's states on the paypal page Seller protection eligible . But don't know if that's worth fa , as I think he can just reverse the payment but his feedback and user profile show non signs he's pulled that b4 and also he's bought few iPhones over the last 7 months .

Fucnose. Plug.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by plug1 View Post
    Well the paypal address he paid from is confirmed and it matches the address on his eBay account.
    he's never asked for it to be shipped anywhere else other than the confirmed address ,
    it's states on the paypal page Seller protection eligible . But don't know if that's worth fa , as I think he can just reverse the payment but his feedback and user profile show non signs he's pulled that b4 and also he's bought few iPhones over the last 7 months .

Fucnose. Plug.
    You are obviously talking yourself into this and I wish you luck but at least ask yourself a few questions before you send it.
    • Why has he paid over the odds for it?
    • Why has he bought from the UK when there are plenty available from the states?
    • Why has he bought a few iphones over the past 7 months?
    • If he has bought a few iphones why does he not know how to use the buy now?
    Several other questions I would also ask if I skimmed through the thread but most of all remember most scams/scammers are successful as they work on greed which makes the seller ignore the obvious red flags being raised and from my point of view just the fact I have concerns would be enough for me not to sell to him.

Also comments about ebay going to shit well it has always been shit but now the people getting scammed are realising the only satisfaction they can get is scamming and messing about others the way they have been messed about or scammed so it just increases, people who say in BST I will just ebay it make me laugh when they won't even reduce the price to the amount they would be left with after ebay/paypal take their cut presuming they don't get scammed.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

plug1 (9th September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Your spot on every word of that bb, I sold a lenevo x201 and eBay and paypal had bout 50 quid of of the 400 it sold for.
    does anyone know how easy it is for someone in the states to xfer cash to a uk account ?

I'm going to open a dialog with him see how that tastes , I know one thing iv still got the phone , so
    Nothing lost yet .

I probably will just refund it but I'll let play put for LOLZ

Plug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12