Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Quick LiteOn + New Dash Question

Hey,

I flashed by brothers LiteOn (162DS or similar off the top of my head) with the kind help of someone off here lending me there kit to use with my probe, and it's currently on 12625 dash.

Obviously newer games need the 13xxx dash and reflash the drive to stock when updating, so I'm wondering if I am gonna be able to reflash the drive afterwards or am I going to need the kit again.

I think I read somewhere about having the original dump, or original files in JungleFlasher means you can do it without the extra hardware as it's been done once and saved in a cache or something, but I'm not sure if I've got that the right way round?

Also, is it wise to reflash back to stock before updating (if possible without any extra kit) or can you just safely update over the flashed firmware - bearing in mind the machine isn't banned but won't be used on Live.

I havn't really kept up with drive flashing as I use jtags now and havn't touched disks in months.

Thanks in advance.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Quick LiteOn + New Dash Question

You should be able to write to the drive ok with out the probe if you know the key. Just do the dash update then use the 1.91 FW and inject your key and reflash.

That's what I did.

ss30

Cheapreefer on instagram

Thanks to ss30

rIKmAN (8th September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you already have the key then you dont need to get the key again, you need to be 100% certain you have the right key though

its recommended that you flash back to stock first but I haven't been and no1 has been banned or flagged yet

edit: ninja'd - yeah what ss30 said

Thanks to raelmadrid

rIKmAN (8th September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Awesome, cheers lads, I'm pretty sure I have the right key but I will confirm later.

Thanks again.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to let you know i have just done this,

LiteOn 16D2S 74850C

drive was flashed but cant remember the firmware exactly and Dead Island wanted me to update,
    so removed the disc, put the stock firmware back on the drive, connected to live, downloaded the update and installed (no problems seen)
    then disconnected from live, re-flashed drive with latest firmware and put the Dead Island disc back in, played perfectly (XGD2 version)

Been playing for the last hour or so without problems, disconnected from live obviously
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

2 Thanks given to Mystical_2K

raelmadrid (8th September 2011),  rIKmAN (9th September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Awesome, thanks for the info Mystical
    I'll plug in my XP hard drive tomorrow and get the files from when I originally dumped it.

I assume the process with be the same with a Hitachi 79?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the info Mystical
    I'll plug in my XP hard drive tomorrow and get the files from when I originally dumped it.

I assume the process with be the same with a Hitachi 79?
    No worries mate, quick question though

Do you have any part of the Kit other than the probe? i'm just thinking that if that's all you have you will still need the CK3 or USBPro to reflash the drive after applying the update, you will also need it if you want to restore the drive to stock before applying the update as i did, you wont actually need the probe unless you can't find you key and need to extract it again.

If that is the case then let me know mate and i can send you the CK3 again so you can get it sorted
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry for the late reply Mystical.

Just done my Hitachi - flashed to stock, updated to 13599, flashed LT 1.91, logged into Live fine, happy days!

I was about to say yes to your very kind offer (again), then remembered I have a x360USB and a CK Lite boxed up in the cupboard since I used them last time. I forgot as they were very generously offered FoC in BST a while back (I love DF!)

Also I found the key for the LiteOn I need to update, but when reading through the JungleFlasher guide I saw this for the LiteOns...

NOTE: AFTER DASHBOARD UPDATE (13146) ALL PHAT LITEONS ARE NOW STOCK 02510 FW.
    NOTE: ALL PHAT LITEON POST DASH UPDATE WILL REQUIRE PMT/PROBE 3 OR MRA
    Does this mean to get the key for the 1st time, or to reflash after it has been put back to stock by the update?

Now I remember my I love my jtag so much!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

if you already have the key then you dont need to read the drive again so ignore that bit

sorry for late reply

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK, so I can just hook this up via sata and write using JF now?

Sorry for the noobness but as I say I havn't kept up with drive flashing as I use jtags, and the JF guide doesn't seem to mention ModeB or anything when folowing through the LiteOn tutorial.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

NOTE: AFTER DASHBOARD UPDATE (13146) ALL PHAT LITEONS ARE NOW STOCK 02510 FW.
    NOTE: ALL PHAT LITEON POST DASH UPDATE WILL REQUIRE PMT/PROBE 3 OR MRA

All this means is that if you apply the update without having the key first then you will need the PMT hack etc. to retrieve the key after the update, however if you already have the key (key never changes regardless of what they do to the firmware as far as i know) then theirs no need to extract the key again

so yes, flash the lite-on drive back to the stock firmware using JF
    then update the console to the latest dash (either by connecting online, putting a game in with the latest update, or off a USB stick)
    Once the update has been applied, remove the drive again and reflash the latest firmware from C4eva and put the console back together

you should then be good to go

dont worry about the noobness mate, im a noob at jtag'ing so will be picking your brain!

Thanks to Mystical_2K

rIKmAN (13th September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks mate, will give this a go later, much appreciated!