Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Ebay case what to do next?

Sold my mums old range cooker on ebay, 29th july it went, described it exactly as it was and explained a button was missing and one oven was not working. During the auction someone offered me £130 if they could collect immediately, they needed spares or something, but someone had already bid and told them i was leaving it to run, anyway auction ended at £52.00 lol, the buyer asks will it fit in back of a fiat punto I laughed and said no chance although i said pickup only I said well I'll drop it off for £20 only 15 miles away but I need a lift getting it out, I turned up at this house to be met by this wimp in flip flops who had no hope whatsoever of lifting his feet yet alone helping me, so I struggled to get it in there house left it in the back room where he wanted it and got paid, I answered a few questions in the meantime now he's opened a case as he claims the grill and no ovens work? Told him to check the timer as if it was on nothing would work until it was overridden on the dial, told the numpty this but he wants a refund or me to get it repaired? Apparently it was moved to his mothers house since I dropped it off as a gift? (I wouldn't buy my mother a cooker that wasn't completely working, that's why I sold it as such) I also gave him the gas hose and connectors as they are bigger than standard cookers which cost us a few quid but he claims they didn't get the right one so couldn't try it 'The Liar'

Here's what he claims, just after some advice I did it on my girlfriends account and she's giving me grief about it lol
    He also left feedback saying Very Good?

Here's what happened:

We opened an eBay Buyer Protection case because 2011 has an issue with an item purchased from you.

Here's what you have to do next:

Please click the Respond now button by 16 Sep, 2011 and try to work it out with the buyer.

What you should know:

• If you don't work things out, the buyer can escalate this case to eBay Customer Support for a final decision.

Details the buyer provided:
    Problem: The item is not as described
    The buyer has tried contacting you
    The buyer contacted you through email.
    The item is damaged
    You have not responded to the buyer
    You aren't working with the buyer to solve the problem

The buyer prefers a partial refund.

Additional information:
    'they said its because of the clock timer it doesnt work so i replied how to do it and they wont respond its been 2 days it was a gift they didnt give the gas pipe it was supposed to come with either so couldnt try it as was delieverd'

You can view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay case what to do next?

Your choice really.
    If it gets escalated, chances are, he'll win - Sellers are being screwed left right and centre on eBay at the moment and it's nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Offer his money back, collect it, check for faults. If he's lying through his teeth, sell it to the person who offered to buy it early.

The other, which probably will not wash with eBay, is say it was auctioned 'as is', he agreed the bid, won a faulty range cooker and even had you deliver it - argue the toss. You may get lucky and eBay will read all the information. I cannot see he'll have a leg to stand on to be honest, especially if it's clearly stated it's faulty - (Paste you listing wording here).

Say something in the respect of - £52 for a RANGE COOKER - faulty or not - is a great price for what he got. He can easily flog that on to someone else for parts (as you found out).

If he did not read the auction properly - which clearly stated it had faults - that's his flip flopping fault.

--EDIT
    Also, no longer your problem -
    Apparently it was moved to his mothers house since I dropped it off as a gift?
    He made it worse in transit.

Example -
    Lets suppose I sold you a car that was on it's way out. On the way home from buying it, you wrap it round a lampost - would I give your money back!?#

Typical dole scrounger milking you for everything he can get - Fuck Him off.

Thanks to DejaVu

Detector (20th September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the reply, appreciated ;o) more annoyed about the girlfriend giving me grief and a black mark against her 100% feedback. I know he's trying it on, I emailed him yesterday about the clock setting and told him he's had it for over a month why are you telling me now?? he's cried to ebay about me not responding? another lie! He's even got the user manual but maybe he can't read because it took me a while to decipher the additional information in his complaint. Put's me right off ebay, I help someone out for next to nothing and get grief, does this mean a van I bought 6 weeks ago off ebay that failed it's mot last week, I can claim a partial refund for because the seller said it should go through? I just accepted it and I'm getting the work done even though I think the seller is a tw@t and convinced me it was spot on. Knew I should of weighed that cooker in weighed a ton lol

Also added description but why has my returns policy not been taken note of??

Return policy

The seller will not accept returns for this item.

Seller's description
    Stainless steel Leisure Chefcentre 110

4 x Gas rings, Gas Griddle (in used condition please see pictures), Electric hot plate and fold down safety glass lid
    2 x Gas Ovens

1 x Gas Grill with Grill Pan
    1 x Pan Drawer
    Please note this is a well used cooker and has served us brilliantly in the time we have had it, recently the right hand oven started to work intermittently then stopped altogether, it tries to ignite but goes out, we had someone look at it and the engineer said it's probably the thermostat, my mother wasn't bothered about the repair due to wanting something smaller and easier to clean, the other oven works fine so it wasn't like it was unusable. Apart from that everything works fine

Also one of the buttons for the clock is missing, it has never been an issue but it was about £4.00 for a new set of buttons.

Dimensions: Width 1100mm, Depth 648mm, Height 893-912mm

Collection only. This cooker is very heavy and will need two strong people to move it although we can help if need be.

Cash on collection only please.
    Any questions please ask.
    Last edited by andy262000; 9th September 2011 at 01:42 AM.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ebay Re: Ebay case what to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by andy262000 View Post
    cried to ebay about me not responding? another lie! .
    Did he send pms thru the ebay system, if so it is all recorded continue to communicate with the buyer through this and when you have the chance to contact ebay you have all the proof about this ebayer. What is his feedback rating from past purchases? He seems a cnut who wants to get something for free.

Collate up all the evidence up and pass it onto ebay stating exactly you have done to help this guy.

I am getting really sick of hearing these stories of CNUTs trying to get one over good honest sellers. I will not sell anything big now over ebay as it isnt worth the shiit that you get from dumbfuck buyers

Hope it turns out ok

Thanks
    Karma Level

You know the cunt's address, why don't we give him the DF treatment?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Can I just say one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by andy262000 View Post
    more annoyed about the girlfriend giving me grief and a black mark against her 100% feedback
    You know, this all-encompassing, glittering 100% feedback isn't the be all and and all of everything. People seem to want to bend over backwards to try and please these tosspots for fear of losing that prized 100% and these same tosspots know they have you over a barrel. I know it's a fucker and hard cheese if it happens, but tell Paypal & the weedy cunt to bring it back and you'll give him a full refund. He'll keep it, (probably) leave you a neg and after 5 minutes you'll both have forgotten about it. Big fucking deal. It won't hit the news and you can respond with a reply. Whenever I look through feedback and see a neg it goes in the seller's favour for me if they've replied with a polite message explaining. Everyone knows shit happens.
    Feedback is used as a threat on eBay because sellers have let it happen that way by pandering to those that consistently try it on.

Thanks to Zoots

Detector (20th September 2011)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post

You know, this all-encompassing, glittering 100% feedback isn't the be all and and all of everything. People seem to want to bend over backwards to try and please these tosspots for fear of losing that prized 100% and these same tosspots know they have you over a barrel. I know it's a fucker and hard cheese if it happens, but tell Paypal & the weedy cunt to bring it back and you'll give him a full refund. He'll keep it, (probably) leave you a neg and after 5 minutes you'll both have forgotten about it. Big fucking deal. It won't hit the news and you can respond with a reply. Whenever I look through feedback and see a neg it goes in the seller's favour for me if they've replied with a polite message explaining. Everyone knows shit happens.
    Feedback is used as a threat on eBay because sellers have let it happen that way by pandering to those that consistently try it on.
    very true, i used to be quite protective of my feedback, but this last 18 months after watching ebay turn to shit for the sellers i dont give a fuck anymore and if people try it on i just say send it back i will test etc etc and if found not to be faulty they will be paying the postage to get the thing back
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I gave up on eBay a long time ago, I still buy from it occasionally but rarely sell these days, it's not worth all the shit and is way to expensive.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the replies, he paid cash so no paypal grief had that before won't use paypal again, I have communicated with him probably after first couple of days from purchase asked me some questions about it then this week asks more question and complains, I told him what the problem probably is, later on he opens a case. I do know were he lives because I delivered it (stupid me) his feedback is a whole 5, his purchases made me laugh, he bought a teddy bear with a 'from me to you' jumper on 99p lol

All communication is recorded through ebay, it can be seen I have helped him and he appears to think he bought a £52 range cooker that should be in perfect working order. The pillock could list it for spares and probably make more than what he would with refund. Think I'll tell him to bring it back if it's so bad, or I can go there put his head in the oven and let me see if it works or not, if he's so convinced it doesn't work he shouldn't have anything to worry about should he!! LOL!

Thanks
    Karma Level

If he didnt pay through paypal surely he isnt covered anyway? Ebay do tell people to pay through Paypal so they are covered?

Id just ignore the cunt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tell him to being it back to yours so you can check against the photos you took before despatching it to his to make sure the condition and parts are the same and to test with your own persoenl equipment at home and inform him a refund
    Will only then be given if a)it's exactly the same when you dropped it off and b)it doesn't work in your property

OR

No paypal used?tell him to go get fucked.

Apologies for typos/grammars I'm using the iPhone on the shitter

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL@Sanj top man DF browsing on the bog lol, more grief of the girlfriend telling me what I can't say to the plant pot!! Think I will tell him were to go anyway! Thanks guys!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    Tell him to being it back to yours so you can check against the photos you took before despatching it to his to make sure the condition and parts are the same and to test with your own persoenl equipment at home and inform him a refund
    Will only then be given if a)it's exactly the same when you dropped it off and b)it doesn't work in your property

OR

No paypal used?tell him to go get fucked.

Apologies for typos/grammars I'm using the iPhone on the shitter

Did it come out allright?
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Got an email today from the buyer I had to laugh! I've just cut and pasted it into here.

The buyer sent you a message.
    Buyer's message:
    i have recieved no payment at all

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Centre.

What's he on?? wonder if he thinks he should get a refund? lol

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

tell him you don't know what recieved means

2 Thanks given to beerman

andy262000 (17th September 2011),  blaggard (16th September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

EBay require the buyer to return the item before a refund.

Just go through the emotions of EBay saying you will refund upon return. There's probably little chance he will/be able to return it.

If he then leaves a neg you have a case to get it removed.

Thanks to ivrytwr3

andy262000 (20th September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The deadline with ebay was the 16th, I posted my response to the case on the 15th had no reply as yet. Can't see it being brought back in the back of a fiat punto lol I specified collection only and I was too helpful in offering to deliver it to them when they shouldn't of even bid on it. Caused me more grief than it was worth.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think he's protected anyway if he paid cash. Ebay encourages buyers to pay by Paypal so they are covered (and so they can make even more ££ from fees!). If he replies, tell him to deliver it back to you and you will give him a full a refund upon inspection. I bet he'll say it's sorted now or just ignore you.

It happened to me a while back, I posted about it on here. Some splitarse wanted a partial refund for the watch I sold. She said it was all marked and scratched. I told her to send it back to me and I'll give her a full refund, she replied saying she wants to keep it but wanted a partial refund. So I asked her for pictures of the said scratches and marks and then a couple days later she said she was wrong, the marks had come off and the face wasn't scratched. Says it all really.

A bit off topic, but regarding returning an item for a refund: if the buyer says an item is counterfeit, they do NOT have to return the item to get a refund. They are meant to destroy it. " eBay in its sole discretion may decide not to require that the buyer return the item to the seller. In this case, buyers agree to cooperate with eBay to ensure the proper disposal of the item as described below. " What a bag of bollocks that is!

Thanks to dannyboy

andy262000 (23rd September 2011)  

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post

my thoughts exactly...

tell the guy if he returns it "in the same condition as you left it" you will give him his money back, but when you get it back message him that its not in the same state as you left it and it has in fact been battered so you will not be refunding his money and he can go a fuck his mums crabby minge
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks to Detector

andy262000 (23rd September 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I sold a 40gb ipod recently as a 'reconditioned unit' and had a load of grief off the buyer. He was a 0 feedback new account when he won it and I knew it was gonna be a dodgy scenario.
    Well, after a week he contacted me saying it wasn't as described, the battery life was poor and that it kept on cutting out.
    I contested his claims, telling hime that 4-6 hrs of solid use for a 6yr old ipod isn't bad going, and as for the fault, it was tested and was not faulty when dispatched. I told him that I have 100% positive feedback since 1994 and that I have no reason to lie or to try and rip someone off.
    He kept on that he was the victim etc, so I said that I would offer a 100% refund - postage costs if he sends it back to me and the 'void if removed' tape was still intact on both sides of the case. (certainly worth buying and using that stuff on electrical items)
    He told me that he had removed the tape off 1 side of the ipod, but the other side was intact.
    I told him, your having a laugh mate, you've bought my ipod to fix another and your now trying to scam me, he responded that he would open a dispute against me.
    I told him... go for it... you aint getting a penny back off me as you broke my terms and conditions.
    A week later he got in touch and said he wasn't going to start a dispute as his son used the headphones in his mp3 player and they were faulty, not the ipod.
    I was gonna tell him i'll send him another pair of phones for it, but then though fook him the scamming fooker!

I dont think i'll be using ebay for sales too much these days as like you have all said, Ebay is looking out for the buyers and the sellers are getting shafted.