Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Just cancelled my Virgin package

I was paying 80quid a month for 30meg bb v+hd with xltv and movies, second box and with phone anytime of day had all the hd channels except the movies they would of been an extra 8 quid. I have just stopped the movies nothing else and it dropped to £64 so i am sure you should be able to get a better deal mate. Give it a week to see if they call and if they dont give them a quick bell and i am sure they will offer you a deal.
    [live=blue1878]blue1878[/live]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chesser View Post
    loving the Tivo 3 tuners, record 3 things and watch another, catch up tv is ace going back in the planner and selecting the program is brilliant...I has one of the original V+ boxes which was shocking....
    That big Scientific Atlantic box was a bloody nightmare! It was like a VHS recorder but noisier and less reliable! The Samsung boxes are spot on. The only lag is with connecting to on demand menu content. I'd love a TiVo - they really are a great machine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I find I get more from VM if I have an issue by talking to the people in the UK as opposed to the ones abroad. I've had issues occasionally with them, but just as I am with any company, I'm always polite as I've been on the receiving end of pissed off customers who take it too far on the shouting/swearing front. Had a few cock ups in the past and have got a good resolution.

Latest one was them offering a free VHD box (with £29.99 install fee) on their web site. I applied and got an email saying as I've already got VHD, I don't need it.. well I actually had an old pace box with the Telewest logo on it lol. Made a phone call or two and eventually got the V+HD with built in recorder (Samsung model) for a one off £20 cost .

Few months ago I rang for my VM mobile pac code and got put through to retentions, told them I'm off elsewhere as I want the Samsung Galaxy S2 and they don't do it, was told they would soon and could offer me a good price. Once they had it, called me and I said I don't like the monthly offer they were doing so asked for my pac code again... they then finally offered me a great deal to stay with them and I couldn't get better elsewhere so was again well happy.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

I placed an order to have my internet installed with Virgin over a year ago. They still haven't installed the correct cable. I've been through all lines of support, including 4 different people in their 'escalated support' in the UK. I then emailed the 'CEO' and someone has picked it up from there. They still haven't installed the correct cable. They are the most incompetent group of braindead fu(knuggets I have ever dealt with. If I could get Sky in my flat I would but I have no choice.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kushty View Post
    I placed an order to have my internet installed with Virgin over a year ago. They still haven't installed the correct cable. I've been through all lines of support, including 4 different people in their 'escalated support' in the UK. I then emailed the 'CEO' and someone has picked it up from there. They still haven't installed the correct cable. They are the most incompetent group of braindead fu(knuggets I have ever dealt with. If I could get Sky in my flat I would but I have no choice.
    I might have to do this. VirgIn cut the fibre in my front garden and then removed my house from the address checker. Bastards.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I fucked Virgin off long ago after rapidly increasing prices. It went from a guaranteed £70 per month to £130 - within 3.
    Cancelled my contract, told them they are lying wankers and slammed the phone down, immediately went to Sky. Then charges they added on were apparently my Free Installation - that turned out to not be Free. Pricks.

BRING BACK TELEWEST!

My suggestion is to go VIP and tap Realist on the shoulder or at least keep your eye out for his Sky Offers.
    Fantastic deal that I missed out on - but I now have upto 20MB BB (I get about 13Mb), Large HD TV Package (Everything apart from Movies and Sports), Multi-Room & Talk Unlimited all for a £52 per month.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    That big Scientific Atlantic box was a bloody nightmare! It was like a VHS recorder but noisier and less reliable! The Samsung boxes are spot on. The only lag is with connecting to on demand menu content. I'd love a TiVo - they really are a great machine.
    The 2 Sammy boxes I've had from them have been shockingly shit (first one the HDD failed on it & the one I've got now is as noisy as a bastard), I prefered the Scientific Atlanta if I'm honest,

I get evening and weekend phone, 30MB BB, XL TV & a second box for £62 a month

Sent From TapaTalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guys,

Thanks for all the advice. My disconnection date is the 8th october. I'm gonna call sky this week and see what they can offer me and keep my fingers crossed for a call from Virgin offering me a half decent stay onboard package..

Thanks

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just call Virgin, you are in a good position, to go with either, I'm sure they will do you a deal mate...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by chesser View Post
    Just call Virgin, you are in a good position, to go with either, I'm sure they will do you a deal mate...
    Too fucking stubborn mate... they can ring me and show me the love... ... (well, until next week anyways)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok... Just to update,

Called them today as I fly off to work in Dallas the week after next and the wife was panicking about being cut off whilst I am away. Would much rather they called me but she who must be obeyed won in the end!

got straight through disconecctions to a lovely Yorkshire lass called Jane. Very helpful, very friendly. told her that I though I was being had off and was not happy so after a bit to too a fro we managed to strike a deal..

this is what I now have:-

Telephone free Evening and weekends
    20mb broadband
    XL tv (everything apart from sports and films)
    Tivo box
    Multiroom - second box
    HD

£55 quid a month.

I did have

Talk unlimited
    large TV
    10mb broadband
    two non HD boxes

this was 68 a month!! WTF

Very satisfied and if I want to go back to Large tv and ten meg broadband at anytime then it goes to £43 quid a month! Both prices are frozen and guaranteed for 2 years but I did have to sign a 12 month contract.

I have a 49 quid one off charge for tivo but ill take that on the chin...

Thanks again for all the comments and advice

Freak

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You did alright there. Surprised at the 20mb broadband as it's (supposedly) only supplied as a legacy platform these days - i.e. those that were already on it can keep it, but it's been removed from their packages. They wouldn't give it me no matter how I tried. Again, it just shows it can make the World of difference depending on who you speak to.
    You won't regret the TiVo.

.:edit:. just read that 20mb is still available as a retentions package, so there you go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12