Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Original xecutor pro kit with probe... Will this still do the job...

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice I have the original xecutor pro programming kit, inc the original probe... I still have the via Cardin my pc... Just can't remember what to do...

Will this still work and be able to flash a liteon drive? I don't know what hacked firmware is on the drive as its been a while since I last flashed a drive and that was a samsung.

Just wondering before I spend what could be many hours wasted.

Thanks in advance

Bp

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Original xecutor pro kit with probe... Will this still do the job...

Read THIS

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Original xecutor pro kit with probe... Will this still do the job...

OK mate if you still have the drive key (Be 100% sure) then you can just flash the drive with the latest lT firmware which is mega easy to do just follow the JF guide. You will need to update to the latest dash first though before flashing as the update flashes the drive to stock. If you don't have the key then read it from the drive beforehand using your probe and the JF guide. If your drive is on a later firmware you will need a CK3 probe to read the drive or you can buy a PMT conversion kit to add on to your Probe 1 which is what I did. See this thread http://www.ck3.co.uk/xecuter_probe-3...ion-cable.html. If your near Burnley then I can do it for you if you wish or some other kind DFer may be able to help !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks alot guys, that's very helpful...it must be at least 12 month since I last flashed a drive.

From reading the forum its seems edevices have been released to make the overall job easier... One thing I do remember spent many hours trying to getting the sata via card to read the drive...I remember having to disable some port to get the sata card to work....ummm can't remember what I did but hopefully it will coming flooding back once I start...

Yep I only live in Leyland about 30 mins from burnley... I will give it a try and see if I can do it, fortunately I don't have the DVD key as someone has given me the phat 360 it's from sept 09 with a liteon drive in it... I will see how it goes...

Thanks alot

Bp

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If its an early 8 series liteon and the dash hasn't recently been updated, then you don't even need a probe.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

its a liteon fw 83850C

the 360 its from has been jtag'd but i dont let my son use the harddrive to play games just in case he decides to do something that i cant fix... so the 360 has the latest dashboard i just need to update the drive to play from disk.

i liek to play, but it usually ends in disaster...

thanks alot

Thanks
    Karma Level

still working on this, can someone just check the picture attached... do i only need the Xecuter Probe 3 / PMT Conversion Cable

i have connected upto my via sata card and its displayed in jungleflasher but it say no dvd key found... i have no idea which ixtreme firmware is on it but i know its been flashed and i dont have the dvd key to hand... so i need to extract it..

once i have got the key will i have to flash it back to stock before i can load LT2.1 onto it..

any help will be greatly appreciated..

ta

BP
    Attached Images Attached Images

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, just get the Key again, you may want to get the the PMT for easy extraction but you should be fine with what you got
    Deleted
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    Yeah, just get the Key again, you may want to get the the PMT for easy extraction but you should be fine with what you got
    Deleted
    I would suggest the Deleted part of the reply is discussed via PM

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I would suggest the Deleted part of the reply is discussed via PM
    Fair point
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

guys

i need some advice. i received the conversion kit this morning. i read the dummy file which i have saved on my desk top and from that i have the dvd key.

it then tried to load the ixtreme firmware but i hadn't put it in the right folder... i loaded it myself and made sure the dvd key was the same, then i went to the MTK flash 32 and pressed the liteon erase button at the top and it said liteon erase failed...

now the drive will not show up in jungle flasher and tried it back in the 360 and i get a buttom right red light flashing and error message e64 showing on the screen...

have i killed it? and what should i do get a new drive and try to flash that as i have the dvd key or can i replace the circuit board?

any advice will be very gratefully received....

thanks alot

BP

Thanks
    Karma Level

If youhave the key then just get a new circuit board if you know the drive is ok. then just flash it with your saved key.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had a LiteOn that I thought I had bricked as well, not showing in JF etc.
    I just went through the stages of the tutorial again anyway, and after I power cycled it magically appeared in JF and I was able to flash.

I read this on another forum, possibly TX but can't remember - google "bricked liteon 360"

Worth a go.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i have had the same problem a few times mate, use DOSFLASH to erase the drive

make a Win98 Bootable USB Stick
    Copy the DosFlash app and the CFW file from jungleflasher with the correct key to the USB stick
    Boot into Dos with the USB stick
    load dosflash
    let it detect the drive and follow the instructions
    select Erase
    once erased you can then Write the firmware to the drive

they are quick instructions mate, make you sure you check out the readme for dosflash or find a guide online for it but its fairly straight forward

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks guys,

Managed to get it into vendor mode and flashed it, popped it back in the 360 and games are booting fine.

Just one question the firmware I used was LTPlus 8385-v2-1.1.bin... Is that the right firmware to boot the latest games with the new disc format.

Thanks alot, it's been a hairy few hours.... But quite fun in a bizarre way

Bp

Thanks
    Karma Level

no mate you need LT 2.0

Your gonna need to return the drive back o stock firmware update the dash of the 360 and then reflash the drive

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi mate

The 360 already has the latest dash, I just need to update the drive to the latest ixtreme firmware... So I can erase and then write the correct LT2.0 can't I?

Thanks alot

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes mate strange as it should have picked up that it needed lt2.0 are you also using the latest jungleflasher?

Thanks
    Karma Level

yes, but i had to load the firmware manually into the firmware folder.

its a bit of a giveaway when theres no mention of LT2.0 in the firmware description i put in the folder....what a k**b i'am...

thanks alot

Thanks
    Karma Level

i need to find the correct firmware LT2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast