Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info How we need to play to break through the defenses of teams on Clubs

As Discussed last night

We seem to be struggling to break through defenses on clubs

Any needs to use RB+A to send players forward (But not CB's)
    Players need to stick to there positions to switch play and contain in and around the box
    First time passes (ping pong)
    1-2 on and around the box
    Playing back to drag defenders out of the mixer
    Stop going to the wings as much and crossing in (we very rarely score from headers)
    Less long range shots and giving away possesion

The second goal in this video is exactly the way we need to play on mondays and thursdays if we are to break teams apart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onm16nLmPaY

As ever appreciate your comments and feedback
    [live=W4RH34D]W4RH34D[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: How we need to play to break through the defenses of teams on Clubs

Guys as you know i left the club

This is for many reasons, i just need to focus on other things in my life and 2 nights a week on it is not helping, im hoping to do some vmware certs and play some other games not just fifa

I am also really shit at the new fifa and cant get proper tactical defending down, i win 2/10 games online on average

Thanks for the past 3 years everybody involved, i might play 1 night a week im undecided.

also 1 other thing on thursday you started at 9pm without me, i was in the dressing room for 9.01 pm and you had already began, i was online from 8.30, no message or fook all, so i wait on the menu for you to finish and you go straight into another game without any comms, pretty shitty that anyway, never the way we have worked.

good luck , i hope you continue it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Guys as you know i left the club

This is for many reasons, i just need to focus on other things in my life and 2 nights a week on it is not helping, im hoping to do some vmware certs and play some other games not just fifa

I am also really shit at the new fifa and cant get proper tactical defending down, i win 2/10 games online on average

Thanks for the past 3 years everybody involved, i might play 1 night a week im undecided.

also 1 other thing on thursday you started at 9pm without me, i was in the dressing room for 9.01 pm and you had already began, i was online from 8.30, no message or fook all, so i wait on the menu for you to finish and you go straight into another game without any comms, pretty shitty that anyway, never the way we have worked.

good luck , i hope you continue it
    Don't take that personally war, that's happened to me a few times too. I just assume the cpt has started a new game when all the players from the previous game ready uped and hit start out of habit. Although I'm feeling abit paranoid now! LOL.

You should rejoin and just play when you can, it's hard to ask anyone to commit 2 nights a week without fail. Just play when you can.

Thanks to -G-Man-

parsnips82 (10th November 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I shud be on thursday for a few games this week, me an danny played a few on monday cause no one else was on. Don't really know whats gone on since i've not been there though.
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

Thanks to swiggy

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
    I shud be on thursday for a few games this week, me an danny played a few on monday cause no one else was on. Don't really know whats gone on since i've not been there though.
    I won't be on this thursday, and now I've started working shifts I'm going to struggle to play twice a week, but will always have a game when I can.

Thanks to -G-Man-

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had that happen to me in the past as well war (posted about it), and it was you who was telling me I should be on time and if I'm late tough and get whatever position is left etc which is all fair comments - but as G-Man says, don't take it personally - it's more button spamming to get out of the menus than ignoring you I would think.

As has been said just play when you can mate, it's not like we have a full team anyway so not like your gonna be put to the back of any queue, just play when you can and if you can't make it, well you can't make it - I don't think anyone has a problem with anyone having real life shit get in the way, it happens to all of us so just stick it on the backburner for a bit.

I havn't been able to play online at all this last week, but should be on tomorrow night for a few games if there are anough people on.

Thanks to rIKmAN

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Re: How we need to play to break through the defenses of teams on Clubs

What the hells going on????
    War?? You on your period mate?

Look guys, we all have a life....well some of us do. We can't all make it on all of the time and that's fair enough, we make do with who ever's on.

Some nights we win, win, win and others we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo! That's life... you win some, you lose some, get over it! IT'S A GAME

Now lets just carry on like we have for the past 3 years, play when you can, if you're not on on time.. tough tits you'll just have to wait until the next match starts, no bitching! just have a laugh and take the piss out of Swiggy! Only kidding Swigg, don't cry.

I'll be on tonight for 9PM!
    [live=Fried%20Parsnips]name[/live]

2 Thanks given to parsnips82

Neo\nsc (11th November 2011),  rIKmAN (10th November 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

War?? You on your period mate?

Classic

2 Thanks given to Neo\nsc

parsnips82 (10th November 2011),  rIKmAN (10th November 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I should be on for about 9pm-9.30pm as well mate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ill be on as well i came on on Monday but no one else was on apart from Danny who had to go early

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought we played some nice stuff last night lads.
    There was a few games where nothing went for us, and the reffing was absolutely shocking all night - hope that isn't the update that has caused that...but overall I think our passing was sharp and quick and we scored a few belters.

Shame they don't have Seasons for clubs like they do for single player H2H Seasons.

PS. It's soooo much better playing with an any.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah agreed mate it was enjoyable to play the other night, great passing and lovely goals like you say the refs decisions were appalling especially the penalties!

The one think that's really annoyed me is the fact the club game format hasn't changed should have had more cup options and like you say the seasons for clubs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry lads I've only just saw this post! I've only just realised im the manager thing now aren't i? So i'm gonna invite you back War, play when you can and help me as Any lol Also it happened to me a few weeks ago, people started before 9pm but I assumed we just waited until the next game in the lobby. Sorry if it was me that started early War.

Also the new patch that came out last week. The Randoms HAVE been dumbed down. They have gone from World Class difficulty to Professional. I thought they'd been playing like Fifa 11 randoms the past week or so and I thought it was just me being shit. But nope:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1165407.page

We asked you, and you told us. Community feedback overwhelmingly suggests that the default AI in Clubs is too powerful, leading to clubs choosing not to field defenders in order to allow the AI to do their work for them. We have therefore dropped the AI difficulty level in Clubs from World Class to Professional, and have made some complimentary minor adjustments to AI goalkeepers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think thats a good move to honest to try and encourage teams to play as any, Danny just say if you want to share the any roll, I dont mind playing any as well to help out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

glad they dropped the ai

Some tips for Any's i found useful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talBIzfcvIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x40fH...eature=related

I use B as 2nd player press
    RB Contain (never use contain unless in my own box)

i let the cpu tackle/contain and jockey with another player to cut the obvious pass out and steal possesion a lot, doing ok on ut now
    switch on airballs only stops the defence toggle problem
    Last edited by Fearless; 14th November 2011 at 05:54 PM.