Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fifa Clubs still up and running!

Losing a final on penalties - nothing has changed since I last played then lol!

Sorry about last night, nipped out, which turned into staying out...apologies lads.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be on tonight lads but won't be around till 9.30 ish after the united match.
    mml
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah same here after the match, but atm I can't login to Live or access the xbox.com website....

edit:
    I can access xbox.com but cannot login.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just downloading and applying the dash update. Will see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still can't connect here, tried IE, FF and Chrome.

Is the website up for you mate?

Thanks
    Karma Level

We're all playing mate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Worked out what my problem was last week, I had been fucking around with proxy server software while watching the United match on tvcatchup.

As the stream was working fine I assumed the internet was fine, but it had in fact set all my browsers to go through a proxy.
    I did think this but as the tvcatchup browser wasn't affected I didn't check, I guess as it was opened and loaded before I opened the proxy software it didn't get affected by the new proxy settings.

What a twat.

Anyway will be on tonight, though I will probs be shit as I ain't played for a while.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    We're doing really well mate, getting closer to 5000 points for the club now and I think we've won nearly 100 games more than we've lost. We don't lose that many now at all Hurry up back!
    Mmm, my arrival has obviously had a positive effect then!

It's all about the manual crossing eh?

I reckon i need to do some work to get me pro up to a higher level, which is hard in club games. Any tips? I'm sure i remember seeing a thread where it was suggested you play a game and turn down the opponents settings to get your achievements up.

mml

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    Mmm, my arrival has obviously had a positive effect then!

It's all about the manual crossing eh?

I reckon i need to do some work to get me pro up to a higher level, which is hard in club games. Any tips? I'm sure i remember seeing a thread where it was suggested you play a game and turn down the opponents settings to get your achievements up.

mml
    LOL @ Crossing!

I dunno what level your VP is at mate, but I think most of us are mid to high 80's overall.

This is the thread I think you mean, some tips on boosting your pro in quick sharp time.

http://www.digital-forums.com/showth...A-2012-Sign-up

I must admit I have never boosted, as personally I like to get em in a real game (on or offline), but thats just me and probably why my Pro has not improved for a while. (I will play some career mode as I need to up my stamina and heading if possible)

See you Monday with your new crossing boots on - NO EXCUSES!

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol. They were shots anyway!

My vp is 76 i think. So a relative Ryman league player to your pro's!

It's a catch 22 situation i guess. Not being a good player or having a good pro means it's easier / less hard to play up front. But then to boost your pro you need to play CAM type roles i suppose for more possession and therefore more ball time, yet in these positions your VP gets caught oout far too often.

mml

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think you should probably boost now as the game has been out ages and you are behind most other players online. (Unless you want to / have the time to put in playing normally through a career or whatever)

I didn't cos I was playing it before it was released offline and was pretty good by the time it was out so managed to get my stats up pretty quickly without boosting - though I might boost now to get those last few accomplishments.

Best thing is to go into a game, set it to 10mins or something, hardest difficulty and adjust the sliders like in the other thread I posted.

Then just look at your accomplishment list and choose one, play until you do it. (ie. beat 5 players with skill)
    Then go back, pick another one, resume playing til you do it (ie. Score 5 curled shots)

Rinse and repeat.

Some of them you have to be playing in a certain position (ie.defender) or in certain weather (rain, snow etc) so just mooch through the list and see what you have left to do.

Some can be done together. (ie. Beat 2 players then curl one in from outside the box)

It's just putting the time in, but if you do you will end up like danny where you are super fast, 5ft2 but great in the air!

Writing this has made me wanna go and boost as I'm fed up of running out of stamina and being shit in the air....I think I may know what I'm doing tonight til UFC starts

PS. Just to confirm you know that all these can be unlocked offline.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't want to unlock off line really. Would rather be an average player than a good cheat.

I do wish Danny would get a mic, he really is f*cking great at Fifa 12.(actually you're all pretty damned good tbh.) He's like a Bosley from Charlie's Angels, except we can see what he does but can't hear him. In retrospect it's better i can't hear what he thinks of my VP. LOL

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    Don't want to unlock off line really. Would rather be an average player than a good cheat.

I do wish Danny would get a mic, he really is f*cking great at Fifa 12.(actually you're all pretty damned good tbh.) He's like a Bosley from Charlie's Angels, except we can see what he does but can't hear him. In retrospect it's better i can't hear what he thinks of my VP. LOL

ha-ha that made me Laugh, yeah Danny is Excellent at Fifa, I think after all this time all of us have just got used to him not having a mic.
    To be honest its harder playing with More players but its more fun so I just except we wont win as many games but given time Im sure we will improve.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Unlocking them offline isn't boosting in itself mate, thats more if you move the sliders etc, but I know what you mean.
    If you wanna do em online you will need to put a fair few hours into it to get your Pro upto speed, but if you do it that way it feels better when take on a man, sprint past him and bury it in the top corner.....not that I ever have like lol!

Like fuse says we are used to each others games now and more or less know where someone will run, where to go to make space etc and that has just come with playing together over time. We get in each others way sometimes, and even resort to GBH on team-mates at times (don't we fuse? ) but overall we know each others patterns well enough.

I did notice a few times the other night that you were just stood still when we had the ball and I was expecting you to be running or making a run to either get apass or take a defender out the way to make space, but that isn't your fault - it's just what I am expecting and used to from playing with all the other guys - and that will come with time like I said.

....and what do you mean danny has mic?....thats freaking me out cos I hear him in my head every time we play telling me what to do and where to run, or is that cos he does it telepathically and is a FIFA 12 Jedi?

I know what you mean though, it used to baffle me when I first started and even offered to send him a mic, but again like fuse says we are all used to it now, the omnipresent strong and silent danny, the all seeing eye where the silence is deafening!

Not so much at Forza tho eh danny haha!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I prefer doing my stats in online games to be honest, just cause I got used to playing with lesser stats first. which help me improve more when I got them higher. You tend to find people who do boost sometimes don't know how to use the stats as well as people who worked for them. Just my opinion though.
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, I won't boost offline. Does your vp get the achievements in career mode too? So if I do 'player manager', I can play him in various positions and get him better?

Mml

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes mate, should be fine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry I wasn't on last night lads, I lay down to watch the City match and woke up about 2.30am lol!

Gutted cos I missed the United game as well and although we lost it was apparently a cracker!

Hope we got to a final or two, see ya on Monday!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    Sorry I wasn't on last night lads, I lay down to watch the City match and woke up about 2.30am lol!Gutted cos I missed the United game as well and although we lost it was apparently a cracker!Hope we got to a final or two, see ya on Monday!
    Lol we though you werent coming on because of the result, you could have still joined up at 2:30 haha.

Yes we did get too a final or two but no we didnt win in the final as per usual !

Swiggy may mention an overhead kick he pulled off which was spectacular but unfortunately just went over the bar (or fortunately for us as we would have never heard the last of it) which personally i thought was only achieved because of the quality of the cross!
    Last edited by mr_fuse; 9th March 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i called it a day at 1.45. A frustrating set of games for me last night for some reason. Couldn't seem to get much right but i did score a couple of goals - which is a miracle for me.

mml

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast