Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Fifa Clubs still up and running!

Just a reminder that Clubs is still ongoing Monday and Thursdays if anyone fancies any games I actually think its picked up a bit since the Random ranking has been tweaked a little.

Myself, Danny, Swiggy and Rikman had some decent games last night played some of the best football weve played for a while and we won a cup again somehow and at some ridiculous time!

Thanks to mr_fuse

parsnips82 (23rd November 2011)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fifa Clubs still up and running!

Sorry guys, been a little busy over the last week or 2 but I'll hopefully be on tomorrow night.
    [live=Fried%20Parsnips]name[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think our football on FIFA has really picked up recently to be honest. Our passing has been good and all of us are getting in on the goals in games which is a plus. Lets keep it up guys
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

Thanks to swiggy

parsnips82 (1st December 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry about last night lads, internet connection went down from when I left til about 2am, though for 10mins I thought it was the EA servers as it didn't log me out of Live at first.

Did we win a cup in the end?

Agree with swiggy we are playin some decent football when the game allows us to, the other times where every single bobble, pass, interception or tackle falls striaght to them and we have 3 player collisions leaving their striker clean through.....well that sucks lol!

I still think we could play a little more "realistic" if you like, meaning coming backwards/sideways sometimes with the passing rather than trying to turn or play a ball forward straght away like we are rushing things Premiership style.

Overall tho I think if we ever get a bit of luck or a ref that doesn't hate us, we could do quite well!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agree with both comments although last Thursday was one of them nights as you so quite rightly said and unfortunately we didn't win that cup we got totally done as Danny messaged afterwards what a joke!

I think the reason we have been playing better is because we have more movement and are trying to play realistic but this can still be improved. Notice we play round the box better now going left and right waiting for an opening and if not we go out wide.Personally I dont think lobbed through balls work when theirs no space better to play to feet.When the game gets a little stretched they work especially if the opposition play a high line

A couple of things we could improve on is Goal kicks notice when we don't win a header (were not good at winning headers) how the defense opens up for the strikers? a few suggestions are to try and get the opposition midfielder under the ball just lean into him causing him to either miss it or head it backwards. The other is to drop deep and wide so Danny can throw it out to you maybe Danny can suggest a strategy he prefers. whatever we do it would be nice to have a couple of options and if we all know how it will play out it will be easier to anticipate the play.

The other set piece we could improve is corners i don't have any specific ideas any ideas on varying those maybe shorter or deeper not sure what works best? Because im not so tall i tend to hang round the box for knock downs and clearances. One issue with Fifa on corners is that often if your an attacking player you get put in defense and automatically you think right get in the box but it often leaves Danny a bit short of cover if the opposition breaks quickly just something to keep in mind.

Just a few ideas really don't want it to get too regimented otherwise it will be boring just want everyone to enjoy it and to keep joining in when possible.

Thanks to mr_fuse

rIKmAN (3rd December 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

We were definitely robbed that final game, especially when our keeper walked the ball into the net lol In a couple of games on Thurs I lagged a couple of times and straight away the opponents scored, was really frustrating. I enjoy playing any though, I need to do a bit better too though

I agree with Fuse, I don't think lobbed through balls work very well at all in 12. Passing to feet is a lot better, as players can hold it up so the wingers/strikers can make a run into space.

On Thursday when our keeper got the ball, strikers were running to the wing into space and I was kicking it out really quickly and it worked well. It's harder to do on goal kicks because strikers/wingers will have a defender on them and won't always win the header. But maybe the wingers can come a bit shorter on goal kicks and i'll try and play the ball to them. On free kicks midway through our half i'll try and drop the ball a bit shorter to the strikers so then can hold the ball up. We did it a few times on Thurs when I played it to Fuse and it worked pretty well.

Some of our passing has been brilliant though, especially going from 1 wing to the other until we find space. We've been unlucky in most of the games we've lost, I don't think we've been 'battered' in any game we've played recently.

Thanks to dannyboy

rIKmAN (3rd December 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agree with everything you both said.

It's a shame there isn't a training mode where you could practice this stuff all together, little trainign ground routines, set pieces, passing and movement etc, as it is we have to learn as we play.

I also don't think we have been "battered" off any team, even the teams with 4000+ points have only beaten us 1-0 or 2-0, and usually that has involved a dozen shit decisions from the referee along the way.

I feel motivated now, roll on Monday!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Me and Fuse played last night, and although it was a shaky start, we got better and better as Fuse got used to playing ANY and we figured out how to stop running into each other lol!

By the end we stormed the cup, scoring some great goals (volleys, 30yd screamers, intricate Barca-esque pass and move stuff, powering overlapping midfield runs etc) and absolutely battered every team in the last cup run, even teams that had higher points than us.

Sadly by then it was 3.30am haha!

We also worked out a couple of strategies for goal kicks which seemed to work 8 times out of 10 and even if they win the header it doesn't leave us wide open for a chance on goal as the ball lands out wide where the wingers and full backs can close down quickly and regroup.

We also worked a move which allows a midfielder (me as CAM last night) to power through the middle or up the wings literally unmarked and always ends up with a man over so we can shoot or cross.
    The AI seems to pass the runner onto each other but none of them ever really pick you up, at least not in time to do anything about it.

It doesn't work every time, but if you can swicth the ball across the back 4 quick enough and start the attack then it seems like it's almost unstoppable (at least last night).

Hopefully when we get more people on Thursday we can have more runners and more options that when there is just 2 of us playing.

Well done last night Fuse, really enjoyed it!

See everyone Thursday!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fingers crossed I should be about on Thursday.
    I'm thinking of making my VP a "normal" sized player and not a 6'10" monster, seeing that unlike like fifa11, I can't score a header to save my life in 12.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry I never came on last night lads, turned my xbox on and ended up falling asleep til after 12. Was gonna come on then, but was still half asleep so just turned it off lol Good to hear you had a good night though

Thanks
    Karma Level

@G-Man
    Might be worth leaving it for a few games on Thursday mate as having a tall monster could really help and play into the the new goal kick strategy. I was winning 8/10 headers last night and my VP is only 5ft 10", so you should win those all game long and setup attack after attack.

If not a 6ft 10" bloke in the middle to aim at after using the midfield runner technique or the goal kick with someone else winning the header - would also be a handy thing to have!

@Danny
    Yeah saw you was away and figured you had either gone out or KO'd on the couch.
    No need to apologise, no probs at all - see you Thursday!

I also got a load of MoM awards last night when me and Fuse played (at least 4 or 5 that I remember) but in my Accomplishments the MoM tally is still stuck on 3 (same as before I started), and it says you have to win them on semi-pro/world class OR online.

Now I'm 100% sure I was online lol, so is this a glitch that is known about?

Does offline difficulty selection affect the online clubs (randoms?) or something, cos I have been robbed!
    Even saying that my difficulty is set to World Class anyway, so that would be a mute point...

edit
    As a side note I have just posted the video I mentioned last week of the guy in the vietnam top taking free kicks like Ronaldo - nobody knew what I was on about as I saw it on Facebook and thought I had seen it on DF.

Anyway here is the post: http://www.digital-forums.com/showth...51#post3500951
    Last edited by rIKmAN; 6th December 2011 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol I didnt dare look at the clock this morning i knew it was late but convinced myself it was bout 2am so i didnt feel as tired later. Didnt work lol knackered now, mind you just got back from football.

Really enjoyed last night even when we were losing the ref was entertaining. As Rikman said we had a slow start but our run to the cup final was epic culminating in a brilliant Goal smashed into the top corner by Rikman.Hopefully your players fully fit Thursday after so many hamstring injury's lol

Not sure whats happening with your MOM Accomplishments you must have had at least 6 or 7 last night anyone any ideas?

see you all thursday for some more epic games good and bad!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have no xbox live gold access until next wednesday cause I'm completely outa money so it'll probably be next thursday for me guys
    Bang Bang,
    you just dropped dead

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I might be back on XBL after the festive period, sold my Xbox earlier in the year but the wee man still has his he's getting fifa 12 so might get a virtual pro on the go

Thanks
    Karma Level

How's the club getting on these days? I should be about more in February as hopefully im going to be getting a better shift pattern at work.

I bet you can all hardly wait for my return!!

Thanks to -G-Man-

dannyboy (21st January 2012)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

We're doing really well mate, getting closer to 5000 points for the club now and I think we've won nearly 100 games more than we've lost. We don't lose that many now at all

Hurry up back!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    We don't lose that many now at all
    Don't worry mate, that'll change when I return!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by -G-Man- View Post
    Don't worry mate, that'll change when I return!

It will be like a Robbie Keane or Thierry Henry Return!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hey lads,

I told Fuse and Danny the other night that I won't be online much as I have moved house.
    Sadly, the install date I have for shitty 20mb Sly BB (no VM in my area ) is set to the 9th Feb, so I won't be online til then, apart from the odd message when back at the parents.

Imagine I've done a Cantona and have been banned for a month, survive the best you can and before you know it I'll be back as the talisman to lead us to glory!

...or keep on winning and I'll hobble back in when I can haha

See you soon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really enjoyed the games last night lads. Thanks for putting up with me. Shame we lost that final on penalties. See you Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast