Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 ixtreme LT+ v3.0 Update

taken from c4evaspeaks

C4eva shared with us in private today some further details about the upcoming iXtreme LT+ v3.0, which is now targetted for release sometime after December 6, 2011. Earlier this week, Microsoft’s Major Nelson announced December 6 as the official release date for the final version of its Fall 2011 Dashboard Update. Scheduling LT+ v3.0 for release after this date will allow c4eva and the team a chance to analyze the final update so as to ensure no additional changes to v3.0 are necessary.

With the new iXtreme LT+ v3.0, original game discs will need to be analyzed by Xbox Backup Creator in order to gain disc topology data. This data replaces the need for AP2.5/dae.bin data and enables any AP2.5 challenge to be answered correctly. C4eva noted that the topology data method is very efficient — using only 24kB of space — and extremely accurate. Due to differences between them, each game will require its own individual set of topology data. A risk of backups being detected poses itself if the same topology data is used between two different titles. This risk is mitigated by using abgx360 to make certain that the backup contains the appropriate topology data.

Backups will remain the same layout, but will either need to have the topology data inserted by the new abgx360, or be re-dumped with the new Xbox Backup Creator. C4eva reconfirmed that all current AP2.5-active XGD2 and XGD3 backups with old AP25 replay data are not backward-compatible with iXtreme LT+ v3.0 and will indeed need to be patched or re-dumped and re-burned. Non-AP2.5 titles, however, will remain unchanged and do not require re-burning.

3 Thanks given to fanni

Mario87 (25th November 2011),  raelmadrid (25th November 2011),  rIKmAN (25th November 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: ixtreme LT+ v3.0 Update

raelmadrid likes this

Thanks to raelmadrid

AD (25th November 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Awesome, roll on iXtreme LT+ 3.0!

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK can someone clear something up for me I don't play on live (not good enough for a start) I play only for a way to fill in an hour or so and only multiplayer is when son comes down and we play 2 player, if i never connect to internet with console will this update if applied via a disc update anytime in future affect me or is it only to stop playing backups on Live. I do have a console I recieved that had RROD fixed and checked it is Jtag material is it worth me doing that and can i still play from disc as well as Hard drive. was so simple in days of original x-box fit an xecuter chip flash and away you went pity there isnt the same idea for 360 non live playing consoles
    all my advice is respectfully given and no offence is ever intended