Close

Thread: VOIP Forum

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question VOIP Forum

I've noticed in the past a few people have mentioned using various voip services but I've never really noticed much discussion on this forum.

Been messing around with a various stuff for a while and I'm wondering if we had a subforum whether that would kick anything off - I'm guessing we've got loads of people that might have spare crappy old pc's lying around - you can pretty much use any pile of crap for a handful of users.

Part of me suspects it may not be worth it, but the other part of me thinks if I created/put a few guides on setting up various voip servers, phones, etc, who knows that might get things going.

I can do a basic guide on how to set up a 3cx server/windows, can also do sipxecs/centos and I'm just currently trying to figure out trixbox/centos.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: VOIP Forum

Hi
    I have a SNom 360 and 3 numbers on it with three different providers, I did try trixbox once but was out of my depth I fear so just use the PBX provided by server. I notice many of the forums have died since landline providers offered cheaper packages, many of the old voip forums have now been over run with spammers. I would like a section on proper voip (not skype).
    LS

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd be interested as well, I've got 4 snoms and thought about getting my office lines ported over to VoIP. By the time I've added a separate adsl line for redundancy probably won't be much of a cost saving but being able to transfer calls to iPhone or office at home appeals

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm gonna try out voipcheap pretty soon - review seem mixed but I'm sold on the idea of free uk landline calls, free landlines to certain countries, 3.5p to mobile.

hoponbaby - if you get decent mobile reception you could consider falling back to 3g, although 3g isn't optimal for voip as latency often increases as well as the reduced bandwidth. Also some 3g providers don't even give you a proper public ip address - some give you a 10.x.x.x address (look up carrier grade nat).

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi
    well I use two connexin and voiptalk, and fairly happy with both.
    LS

Thanks to Lou_smorals

Over Carl (19th December 2011)