Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Film Hobbit trailer has fans buzzing

Published: 2:16PM Thursday December 22, 2011 Source: Reuters

• Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit - Source: Supplied

Lord of the Rings movie fans were given an early holiday treat this week with the release of a trailer for prequel The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, whetting their appetites a year before the film hits theaters.
    The Hobbit is the fourth film in director Peter Jackson's box-office hit Lord of the Rings film franchise.
    It explores the journey of hobbit Bilbo Baggins and how he came to possess the ring that he later passed onto his kinsman, Frodo Baggins.
    The two and a half-minute trailer shows an elderly Bilbo writing a letter that tells Frodo - the key character in the "Rings" movies - about his own adventures. It then flashes back to a younger Bilbo being pushed out of the comfort of the Shire and into a journey across foreign lands guided by the wizard, Gandalf.
    The films are based on novelist J. R. R. Tolkien's epic fantasy series Lord of the Rings, which followed his novel The Hobbit. To date, the trilogy of "Rings" books has sold more than 150 million copies around the world.
    The Hobbit will be split into two parts with the first installment due in December 2012 and the second in December 2013.
    The movies feature Love Actually actor Martin Freeman as Bilbo, and see the return of Ian McKellen's Gandalf, Cate Blanchett's elf queen Galadriel and Andy Serkis' Gollum.
    The trailer's release roughly coincided with the 10-year anniversary of the first "Rings" movie landing in theaters.
    Advertisement

The trailer had critics buzzing yesterday, with Time Magazine's Gilbert Cruz saying "Is it possible to feel nostalgia for something that is only a decade old? Of course it is. And that's exactly the feeling one gets from watching this trailer, which throws us right back into Middle-earth."
    Fans took to social media sites to express their excitement with most complaining about the long wait until the film's release in December 2012.
    Michal Nycz posted on Jacksn's Facebook page: "I am just hypnotised by the music. The song is addictive. The rest is gorgeous. I love it."
    While Rachel Stark on Twitter wrote "So, so, SO excited about The Hobbit trailer! Thorin singing gives me chills...this seems so much darker than expected."

http://tvnz.co.nz/entertainment-news...uzzing-4667141
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

2 Thanks given to cronus71

Nibb (22nd December 2011),  WRATH OF BOD (22nd December 2011)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hobbit trailer has fans buzzing

I have a feeling it's going to be a good year of cinema

Thanks to evilsatan

WRATH OF BOD (22nd December 2011)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

gotto wait till next December....bugger

Sent By Brick Wrapped In Paper Thrown Through The Window..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought I read a while back that Martin Freeman passed on this role to do Sherlock Holmes with Bendict Cumberbacht on the BBC.

Glad I was wrong!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think I can ever be too old for this story. It was the first book I read in English too, at the age of 10.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”