Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just had a look on the HK store and you can buy full version of RR and Unchartered on there fella. I haven't got a memory card or I'd grab one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Vita remote play?

Thanks mate

I will have a look at that tomorrow and see if i can get uncharted, I presume the RR is the same as the one available at retail

Can I use a normal visa card?

Thanks alot

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've not tried yet as I don't have a memory card

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh sorry mate, I thought you may have used the hk account with a ps3

I going to give it a try in a min

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi mate

I tried but it wouldn't let me know load funds from my uk visa card, first it asks you for card details, and then billing address.

I have used a non specific hk address, and then when I fill all the details in it says I can't add funds...

Any ideas mate

Thanks alot

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think they clamped down on foreign cards on psn earlier in the year. I used to use a virtual visa on jap/us/hk store quite often, then at the start of the year it stopped working. Only option now is to buy prepaid psn cards for that region from eBay/play-Asia etc afaik. Of course the problem is, do you really want to be tied to the HK store once uk one opens? As we can't have multiple accounts per machine like ps3

Thanks
    Karma Level

What size are the downloads? Love the idea of every vita game being downloadable, but if they're too big then the price of the mem cards may put me off..

Edit.. Found this http://www.examiner.com/video-game-n...games-and-apps

Looks like around 3gig max at mo...
    Last edited by silentbob10; 26th December 2011 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So has anyone else picked one up. Reports out of japan are that sales are poor. Second week only 72k units sold. Hopefully this will mean they reduce rrp over here. At the moment im out as the cost doesnt cut it anymore for a device thats just a games machine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi mate,

They are around the 2 gig mark...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    So has anyone else picked one up. Reports out of japan are that sales are poor. Second week only 72k units sold. Hopefully this will mean they reduce rrp over here. At the moment im out as the cost doesnt cut it anymore for a device thats just a games machine.

Hi mate,

I think the vita can do more than play games, ie videos, music, social networking, and with the 3G version there may be a voice calling function if Sony release an app.

Must say though the screen on the vita is breath taking, it's basically a samsung galaxy s2 Screen but slightly bigger at 5".

But like all console they are always top dollar when they are released, if sales carry on like this in Japan then may be a lower rrp price for us in the uk.

Really enjoyed everything I have played on it so far, and the demos from the jap psn website have been a bonus.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I can't see them dropping price for the Western launch, the price will definitely drop in 2012, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't, but can't see a price drop in time for launch, they'll try to shift as many at the higher price as they can.

I'm still loving mine, I can't put MvC3 down at all, although haven't managed an online match at all, so wondering if it's limiting by IP location or something similar. I'm still waiting for my Unchartered to arrive but played the demo and it's brilliant, and loving Gravity Rush, I'm definitely buying that one. Wipeout's out in about 3 weeks so got that one on pre-order from play-asia already.

http://www.hobbyrc.co.uk for all your quadcopter, actioncam + rc needs :)

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)
    psn / xbl / WiiU : rhwbanz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im not interested in any of the other features tbh, I just want it to play games and cannae wait for my preorder to arrive. The only additional thing (apart from Vita games) is the supposed future ability to play at least a few PS3 games with remote play - didnt work well on PSP but looks great on this..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't hold your breath for remote play being any better mate, i've tried all my PS3 games + PSN titles and only one that works is r-type PSOne classic!

flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/_Belial/ (SFW) http://www.flickr.com/photos/_carljones/ (NSFW)

Thanks
    Karma Level

The remote play thing I dont think has been activated via a firmware update yet, Sony have demoed killzone 3 via remotes play and it played really well from the videos.... And at the moment this doesn't work.

So I think patches or a new firmware will active it soon probably in time for the US and Europe release... Good marketing ploy to shift more units at retail if some key AAA titles let you play via remote play..

Time will tell I suppose, but I can't put mine down... Been playing RR the most, but mvc3 as well... Great games..

Amazon seem to have some good prices for the pal games that are due in feb...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aye I've read that none are working at the mo and each game has to be updated by the devs. Hopefully be some irking for the us/eu launch...

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest the only thing I don't like is the cover that you have to release to put the game carts in, it's a nightmare with no nails....

Bloody hate the flap thingy....

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah that flap is a pain, tbh once the US/EU stores come online I can just see me buying games online and storing them on the memory card instead of having to faff around with swapping cards.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by _Belial View Post
    yeah that flap is a pain, tbh once the US/EU stores come online I can just see me buying games online and storing them on the memory card instead of having to faff around with swapping cards.
    yep i think i will be doing the same...

on another note, my drake uncharted and an accessory pack arrived on friday.... bloody good game the best one so far and show off what the vita can do... the future looks good if this is the quality of the first titles to come to the platform....

in the accessory pack you get a case which is great, its like a sandwich when closed and the case remains on the vita at all times so you wont put it down anywhere and lose it. when the vita is in use it just hangs down, brilliant... you also get a screen protector, 6 x games cartridge case, hand strap and cleaning cloth all official sony products.

really loving the vita at the moment... cant wait for wipeout 2048 to arrive in about 2-3 weeks....

thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

hahah spooky, not 5 minutes ago my drake, ridge racer & accessory pack arrived too

Agreed on the case, it's frikin huge isn't it!! I'll be playing unchartered all week now, can we multi on ridge racer?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by _Belial View Post
    hahah spooky, not 5 minutes ago my drake, ridge racer & accessory pack arrived too

Agreed on the case, it's frikin huge isn't it!! I'll be playing unchartered all week now, can we multi on ridge racer?
    agreed its grown on me over the last couple of days, once you have it cliped in its not going anywhere, and when in use it doesnt get in the way...

my time is split between uncharted and RR, for all the bad press RR is great and yes there is online please which does it for... took me ages to actually win a race in the standard game, then you go online and get left for dust....there are some great racers out there... im on level 3 they are maxed out on level 16.... even though i have had RR the longest its still getting played the most....

add me to your friends list my ID for my Jap account is cauffy2007.... and then we can have a few races..... ridge racerrrrrrr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast